Hurricane & Tropical Storm Recent Headlines(For our full hurricane and tropical storm news coverage view our hurricane news page.)
Join our Hurricane Forums to discuss the season and storms.
"Run from the water; hide from the wind."
The Atlantic Hurricane season started on June 1.
The Pacific Hurricane season started on May 15.
Active tropical cyclones in the Atlantic, Caribbean, and the Gulf of Mexico
Atlantic Tropical Weather Outlook-
ABNT20 KNHC 080019
TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
800 PM EDT TUE JUL 7 2015
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
Tropical cyclone formation is not expected during the next 5 days.
There are no tropical cyclones at this time.-No tropical cyclones as of Wed, 08 Jul 2015 00:20:47 GMT
1. Showers and thunderstorms associated with a large area of low pressure located about 1075 miles east-southeast of Hilo, Hawaii continue to become better organized. Environmental conditions will remain conducive for further development, and a tropical cyclone will likely form later today or tonight as this system moves toward the west-northwest at 15 to 20 mph.
* Formation chance through 48 hours, high, 90 percent.
2. Showers and thunderstorms persist near a weak, nearly stationary, surface low located about 750 miles south-southeast of Hilo, Hawaii. This system remains disorganized, and environmental conditions do not appear to be favorable for significant development in this area during the next two days.
* Formation chance through 48 hours, low, 10 percent.
3. Showers and thunderstorms associated with an area of low pressure located about 1100 miles south-southwest of Honolulu, Hawaii continue to gradually become better organized. Environmental conditions will remain conducive for further development of this system as it moves slowly toward the northwest over the next couple of days.
* Formation chance through 48 hours, medium, 60 percent.
Elsewhere, no tropical cyclones are expected through Thursday afternoon. Since 1994 Hurricane.com has been providing tropical cyclone related information for the Atlantic and Pacific basins. Our philosophy has been to provide timely, relevant, and useful information in a format that provides the most information in the least bandwidth intensive format.