Seances anyone?

Discussion of general Halloween topics
Lauren
Ghost
What is the highest number?: 9

Seances anyone?

Post by Lauren » Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:38 pm

Have any of you ever tried to conjur up a spirit? If so, please share! Who were you trying to comminicate with and what if anything happened?
" It is with true love as it is with ghosts; everyone talks about it, but few have seen it "

Francois de la Rochefoucauld 1613 - 1680

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:12 pm

Well I have been a long time practioner in natural workings. I am the only one in my family and I pretty much keep this to myself as many times can be misread and I believe a person should end up follow their own path. I went to Sunday school when I was young but have never been a big church goer. I was brought up Christian and my children attend Sunday school however we are still not a big church going family but I wanted to make sure my children have a base and not feel lost in the world. Now for me I appreciate what i learned when I was younger and still follow much of the same beliefs in my own way and yes I believe there is a creater but I find solice in the use of other tools mainly Tarot Cards. I have runes, many many many books of various methods however the cards are for me. As for conjuring a spirit. I have read into it and have meditated in candle light trying to free my mind and try to listen and take in the energy around me. I have to say I have not personally conjured a spirit and got a big result of one really worth noting however for my cards. Yes I 100% believe these are a tool. Many would see a card and just see the physical card and wheather it was a Major or Minor card there is more about the card then the actual physical self and if it says The High Priest or Priestess, The Tower, The Hanged Man or Death these are not positive or negative cards. Your read a spread as a whole just like looking in a mirror. I don't know if it is a spirit working through the cards that helps me "see myself" layed out in the spread. I am not sure if I would ever really want to conjur a spirit. I feel if a spirit wants me they will contact me like the ghost lady in my house (I mentioned in another forum). I pick a card a day and it really does sum up my day before it even starts. Strange but true.... for me. just a note.
1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You 3, 4, Better Lock Your Door 5, 6, Grab A Crucifix 7, 8, Better Stay Up Late 9, 10, Never Sleep Again

uncletor
Halloween Master

Post by uncletor » Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:25 pm

Right after BLAIR WITCH, my kid tried to SUMMON THE DEAD...totally FREAKED when a gust blew out the candle she and the other teenyboppers used to try to coax them to move the Ouiji board.
Had one of those things when I was in grade school. Never worked. Eventually hung it on the wall as a sort of weird decoration, and everybody thought I was wacked, until VAL KILMER in REAL GENIUS had the same decoration in HIS room..then, ah, then I was AHEAD OF MY TIME..but no, spooks. Even when older siter would intone:"We-e-e-e Gee...come forth..." In a Bing Crosby deep voice..
Broke me up everytime. Then she accussed me of breaking up the seance, and broke my head.
Future events such as these will effect you in the future

Celtic Ghoul
Master Reaper

Post by Celtic Ghoul » Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:08 pm

Two of the members of my coven do a lot of this. One of them works with a spirit of an Alaskan Inuit.

I apparently do not have the gift.
While friends and loved ones mourn your silly grave, I have other uses for you, darling. ~ I love the Dead, Alice Cooper