Halloween Laws

Discussion of general Halloween topics
hauntmaster

Halloween Laws

Post by hauntmaster » Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:59 pm

HALLOWEEN LAWS

In the state of Virginia, in some cities, the law is funny, you know?

For instance, if Adults wear mask outdoors after 9pm when the safety rules over... They may be pressed charge by the police.

Also, if there is anything to play practice jokes, like some pranksters do that on the phone talking to the cops about something funny over dead body, or some corpses, some blood and guts all over on the street, by next doors, at the playground park, etc... I know it's a joke - BUT it's not FUNNY! Because the police will press charge against you for placing a false summoning! You will either receive a 6-month probation or go jail for 30 days.

Last one thing, if you place fake corpse on the road, anywhere on the street, inside the old car, etc... It's NO big joke!! The police will report to the detective to do the investigation work, if found as the hoax/practical joke, you will be getting arrested and you will appear in the court the next day to explain why.

Sounds funny laws?? Well, I am just curious about your halloween laws in your own state. I'm very much interested reading about that story.

mandy0221
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by mandy0221 » Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:58 pm

I live in KY and I'm not sure what weird laws about Halloween we have but in Delaware Trick-or-Treating can only be done from 6-8pm on October 31st and if Halloween falls on a Sunday trick-or-treating must be moved to October 30th during 6-8

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:33 pm

I don't know the local laws here but I do remember in 2004 when Halloween was on a Sunday there was talk of having the "trick or treaters" go out on Saturday or Monday as it was a Christian day of rest... It never did happen but I was surprise of all the talk about it and how many people were actually for changing the traditional halloween event. Has anyone ever experienced this sort of thing?[/img]
1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You 3, 4, Better Lock Your Door 5, 6, Grab A Crucifix 7, 8, Better Stay Up Late 9, 10, Never Sleep Again

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:35 pm

Sorry Mandy0221, I didn't read your response until after I posted. In regards to moving the event to the 30th does anyone in your area or community find that crazy? Myself wouldn't want to change the day if I could help up.
1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You 3, 4, Better Lock Your Door 5, 6, Grab A Crucifix 7, 8, Better Stay Up Late 9, 10, Never Sleep Again

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:34 am

Hi Guys, there has been talk off and on for years about changing the TOT day if the 31st falls on a Sunday, but they never have done it. (I live in the Shenandoah Valley in Virginia.)

uncletor
Halloween Master

Post by uncletor » Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:45 am

It's been DONE here in parts of Ontario Canada. A few years ago, a few towns did move it to Saturday..I know in the U.S., some areas have virtually by lawed it out of existance, by putting so many conditions on it that eveybody had to just throw up there hands and abandon trick or treating.
Remember..it could happen to you...
Future events such as these will effect you in the future

Celtic Ghoul
Master Reaper

Post by Celtic Ghoul » Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:18 pm

Several southern states have laws on the book outlawing gatherings of people with masks... I think Illinois and Indiana as well. This actually had nothing to do with Halloween. These laws were designed to target the Ku Klux Klan. Not only could Klan members no longer terrorize neighborhoods anonymously but police would have descriptions of any participants. These laws were mostly enacted in the 1920's which was the heyday of the Klan in America (if I remember they had about 2 million members at one point).

I don't have any problem with them targeting hate groups like the Klan - violent racists should not be allowed to hide who they are behind a mask. But leave my Halloween costume alone!
While friends and loved ones mourn your silly grave, I have other uses for you, darling. ~ I love the Dead, Alice Cooper

uncletor
Halloween Master

Post by uncletor » Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:30 am

So the other night, Baby Brother and I were talking about the whole Halloween laws thing, and he tells me the OTHER side of the story..just to keep the conversation lively.
The following is true, and goes a long way to explaining why some folks get edgy and pass freaky deaky laws.
Seems two guys in our town, (we'll call them Tom and Dick) filled a garbage bag FULL of water, and put it on their wagon, and took the wagon to the overpass. After trial and errror with rotten fruit and such, they got good at nailing the cars. Then came THE TARGET FOR THE EVENING.
A big white Caddy.
They nailed it perfectly. The sound of the bag exploding sounded very much like a cannon going off.
The guy in the car CLUTCHES his chest. Slumps into the steering wheel. Car careens into the ditch.
The two guys exchange 'what have we DONE?' looks and run to the guy;"Hey, mister, mister, are you alright???"
They try and shake the limp form, get it out of the car.
The drivers' eyes pop open:'You little PUKES! I saw you up there! I KNEW what you were going to DO!"
THEN he laid a beating on them both and drove off. We are talking bruises here..
The parents, the whole community just LAUGHED. They thought it was FUNNY. Everyone at school would make fun as they tried to sit down with their sore bodies. No effort was MADE to find the guy.
Now that was many many years ago..I think we've evolved since then, and nobody would DO that today, but you get the idea of why some folks want to keep a lid on things..I know, I know, we are all nice people who just want a good scare and a good time..the problem is that some of the CONCERNED CITIZENS can't tell us from the two kids on that overpass..hence the constant struggle between keeping things under control, and going totally overboard and banning the holiday altogether. For the record, I agree with the law about tossing out dead bodies. Bad, bad, idea...and no, I was NOT one of the two.. I was just in the minor grades at the time, the one turned into a dentist...the other died in a car wreck fleeing police..
Future events such as these will effect you in the future

hauntmaster

Post by hauntmaster » Sun Jul 29, 2007 12:42 am

ALERT!!! LOOKIE HERE!!!

Last year, on Halloween night in VA Beach, 13 year old girl went TOT as the beautiful witch herself, so when she didn't know that she knocked one of the sicko's house and asking for TOT, then that guy grabbed her and performed her into some types of <deleted> acts, you know, then after that, he let her go free with extra candies and fancy-looking costumes. Jeez! Next day, her parents were getting upset and called the police! OK, do you know where is the sicko now??? He's sentenced to 1 full year in jail!!

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:34 am

It's a law in my state that when reading about Halloween laws, you have to read them with a pompus british accent.

Cadaverino
Haunt Master

Post by Cadaverino » Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:24 am

performed her into some types of I'm an idiot acts, you know
I've read this phrase several times, and I'm still not understanding it.