I'm A Quiter "Again" and proud of it!

Non-Halloween related stuff. Same rules: family oriented, no flaming, be nice. ;-)
Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

I'm A Quiter "Again" and proud of it!

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:42 am

So, I've once again managed to quit smoking, I quit on Friday November 16th. It's absolute hell, especally when your physically not well and stressed out on top of it all, but I'm hanging in there " Taking Baby Steps" and so far so good! :D Almost 72 hours :wink:

geekmidwinter
Haunt Master

Post by geekmidwinter » Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:49 am

Girl, you are so brave! And I am so proud of you! Just take it one minute at a time, and try not to snap anyone's neck. I know when I quit I was periodically filled with rage for absolutely no reason. So if you need a punching bag, I'm here!
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect.

spookyboo
Haunt Master

Smoking

Post by spookyboo » Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:59 am

Good luck to you DOD I wish you well and good energy!!!
Wild Winds thou shalt blow
carry away my saddened soul
tis the time of Judgement

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:38 am

Thank-You so much geekmidwinter & spookyboo for your positive energies and well wishes it really means a lot. You know, I've never been one to snap on people, even the first time I quit. In fact I got angry cause my hubby and old friends decided that when I was to get discharged from ICU that they would hide their smoking from me to help me. Well I straightened them out pretty fast. I told them that if I was going to be able to do it I had to do it under the hardest of situations right from the start so I told them to keep on as if nothing had ever changed, and it was very hard for them to do that, but I told them if they didn't I'd light up :lol: That was back in 2003 and I quit until June of 2005, and ever since then I've quit and then restarted, struggled with it ever since again, on and off like a yo yo. So, I'm hoping I can kick it again for good, really I have no choice if I want to stick around. But the one thing I'm happy about is anytime I was off the smokes I never once became a reformed smoker, I always said when I was younger I never wanted to be one if I ever quit cause it just didn't sit well with my beliefs, hell I know how hard it is to quit so I've always felt that since I've been down that road I should know how hard it is for someone else and I do, so I totally empathize with those who smoke, I just quietly say prayers for them that they will be able to quit also. :wink:

Succub'Oz

Post by Succub'Oz » Sun Nov 18, 2007 3:47 am

Good for you!!! And such a WONDERFUL example you are setting, EH OEJ?????????? Isn't DOD wonderful??

Big_Guh
Haunt Master

Post by Big_Guh » Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:46 pm

Great job, DOD!!! Your body will thank you and you will begin to feel so much more full of energy. You'll find breathing in clean air is much better than saturating the soft lung tissue with poisons and tar. I'm very proud of you, and keep up the go work. NEVER GO BACK!!!! Godspeed!

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:49 pm

Yeah..... and not to mention how expensive it's getting!

mama2taj
Master Reaper

Post by mama2taj » Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:35 pm

Good luck! My dad smoked for ever and he quit. He now says he'd never do it again. So I hope you sucseed!
Shadows of a thousand years rise again unseen, voices whisper in the trees, "Tonights Halloween"- Dexter Kozen

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:46 am

Thanks for all your support everyone, it really means a lot to me :D

kallie0509

Post by kallie0509 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:03 pm

oh DOD, that's just awesome! so proud of you! :D

Haunted Horseman
Halloween Master

Post by Haunted Horseman » Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:57 pm

Congratulations DOD and here's wishing you the best at sticking to it. :D
Because once you cross that bridge, my friend, the ghost is through, his power ends.

halloweenqueen
Haunt Master

Post by halloweenqueen » Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:28 pm

hey DOD!!! Thats great news...i know i need to quit as well. I have to set a date though and just stick to it. Im trying the patch first...did you try anything or are you doing cold turkey?? I tried cold turkey and my bf said i was scary...lol! any advise? we could be each other's support if you want....

Succub'Oz

Post by Succub'Oz » Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:17 pm

OEJ did it cold turkey before. When I first moved here he didn't smoke at all, which was wonderful!! He started smoking cigarettes again a few months ago. I guess I'm stressful. :(

Congratulations again Dutchess!!

Cadaverino
Haunt Master

Post by Cadaverino » Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:21 pm

When it comes to smoking, quitters are winners. Best wishes to you! :D

geekmidwinter
Haunt Master

Post by geekmidwinter » Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:26 am

I have a friend who was a <deleted> smoker from age 14 until age 30. She promised her fiance (now husband) that she would quit on her 30th birthday. She used the gum and lozenges for a while and she said it really helped, but there was one yucky side effect. Apparently the nicotine in the gums and lozenges can weaken the capillaries in your mouth, so a lot of times in the mornings she would wake up with a mouth full of blood. Blech. She said that a couple of weeks of that happening was enough to ween her off of those. Happy to say she's never picked up a cigarette since June 4th, 2006.

So how's it going Dutchy? And how's Monsieur Draven-chat-noir? Bien?
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect.