Fall is coming...

Discussion of general Halloween topics
punkinpie1021
Zombie
What is the highest number?: 9

Fall is coming...

Post by punkinpie1021 » Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:36 pm

Yes, Fall i coming! It's still hot here in San Jose, but it's getting colder in the mornings. I had to wear a sweater last week. I know what you mean it's like that fall "chill" that you can feel! I can't wait..... :D
~I luuuvv the BRRR Months~

BlackCat
Haunt Master

Post by BlackCat » Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:11 pm

I love that Fall chill. The air feels so crisp and clean. I love running in that sort of weather compared to our hot summers and frigid winters.

punkinpie1021
Zombie

School in October

Post by punkinpie1021 » Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:01 pm

Me too. I H A T E going to school in the summer, i get all hot trying to get ready! Also, I am more comfortable in big comfy sweatshirts. Halloween reminds me of my childhood, also. I'm wierd but I also think it is romantic just as every holiday!

Shad O. Deville
Zombie

Post by Shad O. Deville » Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:00 pm

omg yesssssssssssss! someone agrees with me that halloween is romantic! of course i think the most random things are romantic, just ask my friends...oh well. but yeah, i love fall. its hands down my favorite season, except for the whole starting school thing...but hey who cares.
Shad O. Deville, Shad O. Deville, if she doesn't scare you (with her endless raving) no evil thing will... *roars*

punkinpie1021
Zombie

Love me some Halloween

Post by punkinpie1021 » Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:05 pm

I'm the same. I start my 5th quarter in october. I just stick a pumpkin sticker on my binder and put my warm fuzzy jacket on!

BlackCat
Haunt Master

Post by BlackCat » Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:34 pm

Yeah I think there is totally a romatic sense in the air during Halloween and the whole Fall season. Maybe that's why I love it the best.

uncletor
Halloween Master

Post by uncletor » Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:43 pm

It's official, sports fans..the days are getting shorter...I bike into work and I have to put my orange department of highways/hunting vest on to avoid getting clipped..and the weather is to the point where you're glad you have it on..the colder weather is coming..hold on, hold out..
Future events such as these will effect you in the future

Rising Dead Man
Halloween Master

Re: Fall is coming...

Post by Rising Dead Man » Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:18 pm

I HATE going back to school!!! :evil: That is the only thing I hate about Halloween. At Halloween school just started. When I get excited for Halloween I think "But then on Halloween there will be school too." :cry:
Halloween wraps fear in innocence,
As though it were a slightly sour sweet.
Let terror, then, be turned into a treat...
~Nicholas Gordon

angel222
Haunt Master

Post by angel222 » Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:00 am

Rising Dead Man wrote:I HATE going back to school!!! :evil: That is the only thing I hate about Halloween. At Halloween school just started. When I get excited for Halloween I think "But then on Halloween there will be school too." :cry:

The day goes fast if your in school. If was bored during the summer months I would chose summer school. yeah going back to school also means halloween activities during lunches. and haunted houses.
hello

Snoopy/Red Baron
Crypt Keeper

Post by Snoopy/Red Baron » Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:18 am

I am soooo jealous of those of you who get to experience fall so early. Here in Houston, we won't get any fall until October at the earliest. But man oh man, I love that first cool front. There has always been something so hauntingly romantic about it, I could never put my finger on just why though...

OctoberChill
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by OctoberChill » Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:29 am

Snoopy/Red Baron wrote:I am soooo jealous of those of you who get to experience fall so early. Here in Houston, we won't get any fall until October at the earliest. But man oh man, I love that first cool front. There has always been something so hauntingly romantic about it, I could never put my finger on just why though...
I hear ya. I can't describe the excitement I feel the first time I get to wear a sweater every year. It's like I had been sleeping for months and I just woke up. It's exhillarating :)

It was actually 89 and rainy here in Dallas today. It was a nice change from the 100 plus days we've been having. But it won't last long. Back into the nineties tomorrow.

Andybev01
Halloween Master

Post by Andybev01 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:52 pm

OctoberChill wrote:
Snoopy/Red Baron wrote:I am soooo jealous of those of you who get to experience fall so early. Here in Houston, we won't get any fall until October at the earliest. But man oh man, I love that first cool front. There has always been something so hauntingly romantic about it, I could never put my finger on just why though...
I hear ya. I can't describe the excitement I feel the first time I get to wear a sweater every year. It's like I had been sleeping for months and I just woke up. It's exhillarating :)

It was actually 89 and rainy here in Dallas today. It was a nice change from the 100 plus days we've been having. But it won't last long. Back into the nineties tomorrow.
I am actually feeling bad for the Texas gang right now. :(

Sort of like my relatives who live around the Great Lakes, I just don't understand how you can live in such extreme weather.

This is a Google Map street View link to the lower part of the road I live off of.

(and no, that's not me address...) http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie=UT ... 06158&z=18

Use your mouse and 'drive' up and down the road with Street View turned on.

it looks like this all year long because the dead leaves never quite get all the way down to the street because of how thick the vegetation is under them so it's always Fall.
Last edited by Andybev01 on Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

SpookShowBaby
Haunt Master

Post by SpookShowBaby » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:59 pm

I was able to wear a sweatshirt and have the windows open the other night!!!! The days still feel like a horrible summer here in MN, but soon the nights will belong to fall. Michaels already has a bunch of Halloween stuff out. EEEEEEEE! I'm so excited :D
“Come let us meet, with charm and spell, by magic arts our fates to tell.”

Andybev01
Halloween Master

Post by Andybev01 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:05 pm

What puts a lump in my throat me is that first sunset after daylight savings time is over and we're back on 'normal' time.
All of a sudden it's 5:00 at work and I look outside and see the sun disappearing behind the trees with that golden glow around it...

*SIGH*
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

Snoopy/Red Baron
Crypt Keeper

Post by Snoopy/Red Baron » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:29 am

Octoberchill,

Funny you mention autumn "waking" you up. I used to say that it felt like I was in hibernation the rest of the year until fall time would come around. But the strange thing is that I've never quite understood why it felt that way. I understand childhood nostalgia but shouldn't summertime have been the ultimate nostalgic time, what with being on vacation and all?