Belong to a band/musician? Post Here & Share

Non-Halloween related stuff. Same rules: family oriented, no flaming, be nice. ;-)
I B Howlin' Wolfman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Belong to a band/musician? Post Here & Share

Post by I B Howlin' Wolfman » Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:59 pm

I know we have a few audiophiles here, Musicians and those who like to delve int the sounds from the net. So, what better place to talk shop and share our knowledge, or just share our experiences as musicians?

Right now, my friends Ron, Mark & myself are getting our recording studio set up in Ron's home. We converted a two-car garage, built sound dampening walls to acoustically dampen the noise from the outside world, and he's got his electric drums all set, and we're going through the finall settings for the recording to take place.

Since the studio has been around through a major redecorating of his home, the place was a wreak. The Suspended Ceiling Panels were loose, cracked & busted. And so much stuff was leaned against the wall, that the Support grid for the ceiling had come loose on one side of the room and was sagging dangerously.

We managed to straighten out, clean up and the studio looks better than ever. Ron has invested in some awsome monitors where we can plug our headphones into, and we can rehearse without making much noise at all. We're gearing up but good!

We're looking for a lead singer, and a guitarist. Hopefully, we can find a talented individual that can do both.

Ron's a really great drummer, Works durring the day though.

I'm pretty good as a percussionist. And I've just aquired ownership of a keyboard, Casio ToneBank CT-650. With Midi In-out & through, Sustain & Volume foot pedal jacks, Tuning, and outputs for left & right & phones.

Mark is our bassist, Sings and is a fair percussionist. He's the "Political Activist" of the group. Pickets and demonstrations, Rallys and all sorts of stuff like that to impeach the president. (Like THAT would ever work! :roll:

So with one or two added members to round out our sound. We'll be rehearsing, and recording tracks in a few short months. One of our goals is to play the colledge circuit, and maybe get some cruise ship gigs. So we know we can't be too political in our "covers" song list. And be very mainstream to be acceptable on a chruise ship.

So, Yeah... No biting the heads off bats and doves...

Darn. :twisted:
-26 Days }'-{1}
My website Link ^

kallie0509

Post by kallie0509 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:04 pm

oh wolfman, sounds awesome! i can't wait to hear. :D what kind of music are you guys into?

Laurie Strode

Post by Laurie Strode » Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:30 pm

Yeah, Wolfie, I too am interested in the sound you guys have goin' on...hope you find a killer frontman. Y'all certainly have a great plan, the college scene and cruise lines? Who wouldn't dig a chance at that? :)

magickbean
Halloween Master

Post by magickbean » Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:03 pm

Wolfman that sounds awesome!

I'm not in a band.. yet :lol: but I am a singer, and I play the guitar and keyboard. I love making music and I love singing, just seem to have a lot on my plate at the moment. I love learning new instruments too - my next one to try will be the cello. (As soon as I've saved up the £300 needed to buy one...............)

kallie0509

Post by kallie0509 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:44 pm

wolfie, have y ou done anything new that you can share?

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:19 am

Wolfie...... Dude..... what happened to your avatar?

I B Howlin' Wolfman
Halloween Master

Post by I B Howlin' Wolfman » Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:35 am

OOps! Wrong forum... Just a sec...

Is that better?
-26 Days }'-{1}
My website Link ^

ElMuertoMan17
Master Reaper
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: Belong to a band/musician? Post Here & Share

Post by ElMuertoMan17 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:08 pm

That sounds great. I myself would have liked to be in a band, a mariachi band. But unfortunately there is no such thing where I live. I have been searching for a long time and nothing. For now, I can just listen.
La bruja, la bruja
se quedó encerrada
en una burbuja.
La bruja, la boba
con escoba y todo
con todo y escoba.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Re: Belong to a band/musician? Post Here & Share

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:11 pm

Wolfman, 30 years ago, I played trombone in the High School Band. I realize that's a fra cry from being in the type of group you play for, but it was one of the few good things that happened to me in high school. I do sing at Mass every sunday, but I'm not really fluent with any instruments. I have fun singing along with the stereo when I'm listening to my music, though.

I'm interested in knowing, what kind of music are you planning to record? I'm a very serious music collector, and would be interested in hearing some of your material when you have something done. Keep me informed at any rate.

Mike