Halloween Party Ideas/ Suggestions

Discussion of general Halloween topics
Requiem62
Ghost
What is the highest number?: 9

Halloween Party Ideas/ Suggestions

Post by Requiem62 » Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:50 pm

Hey gang,

A couple friends and I are planning one throwing a backyard Halloween party. We have a DVD projector and will be showing movies in the backyard. We are compiling Halloween spirited music, plan on creating a graveyard with our guests names on the tombstones, we're trying to go all out.

I've been looking through the message board and have come across some great ideas and was wondering if anyone had some suggestions for things to do or decorations specifically for a Halloween party.

I appriciate the help. Thanks alot.

-Req
Halloween... the festival of Samhain. The last great one took place three thousand years ago, when the hills ran red...

HOSGAARA
Crypt Keeper

Post by HOSGAARA » Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:04 pm

HEY SPIDER WEBS ARE A NESECITY. GLOW IN THE DARK ITEMS ARE THE WAY TO GO, ALSO THINGS THAT ARE ELECTRONICAL CAN BE HUNG FROM THE CEILING! IF YOU GET SOME FRIENDS TO HELP YOU, YOU CAN HAVE THEM SPREAD OUT ACROSS THE HOSE JUMPING OUT OF CORNERS. I WILL TELL YOU SOME OTHER STUFF TOMORROW GOTTA GO!
HOLY JOHNY CHRIST IMMA SEE EM IN NO TIME!!!

IF ANY ONE KNOS WAT IM TALKING ABOUT MESSAGE ME!!!!

tantraman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by tantraman » Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:27 pm

hey do you mind the bolds.
happy happy halloween silver shamrock.

Please check out our new horror movie blog check our the first post on our new horror movie blog https://horrormoviehallofflames.wordpress.com/

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:41 pm

Hi Req: good to hear from you...Our graveyard was helped immensely by the addition of moss (hotglued to the tombstones) and scattered bones (bought at Walmart). Another cool addition to the cemetery are carved JOL's. They cast some light, but not TOO much. Fog machine, definitely. Outside where the fog can dissipate quickly you can really let her rip! String lights or Halloween lanterns in the trees, if you can get electricity out there. Or make hanging tealight holders out of babyfood jars (or any other small jar) strung up with wire. If you feel really ambitious, paint the jars orange first, if not, let the candlelight speak for itself. An outside party sounds like gang's of fun. Could you have a bonfire? That would be really cool. Anyway, have fun!! :D

Requiem62
Ghost

Post by Requiem62 » Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:00 pm

Good ideas, gang. Actually, we were thinking of having a fire out back. Maybe not a giant bon fire, but we plan on getting a drum from inside a dryer and putting it up on some cinder blox and having a fire. It should add to the ambiance.

There are four of us putting this Halloween party on. We will probably begin to carve pumpkins a day or two befor ethe party. We are thinking of having a Hy ride in the back of my truck around the neighborhood. Halloween costumes must be worn if you want to attend the party. We will be able to get electricity outside, and we plan on using diffrent colored lights for diffrent effects.

We have a walkway that over grown that leads around the outside of our house to the backyard. We plan on making this a rather scary walk, with tombstones and cool dark lighting schemes, and then once you make it to the cemetery gate (the one leading into the backyard) it will be less cold, and have a warm fall Halloween feel. Still, we want it to have a scary Halloween feel, just more of a community Halloween spooky feeling. Does that make any sense?

Anyhoo, this is our first Halloween party in our first house(my fiance and I just moved in this past August) so we want this to be special.

We both appriciate your help, and I am so glad I ran across this board. It certainly seems like a great resource for anything that has to do with my favorite holiday.

Thanks again, gang!

-Req
Halloween... the festival of Samhain. The last great one took place three thousand years ago, when the hills ran red...

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:17 pm

Sounds like you have things well under control, Req...have fun!

Requiem62
Ghost

Post by Requiem62 » Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:17 pm

Will do. :D

-Req

EvilMel
Haunt Master

Post by EvilMel » Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:28 am

Any more suggestions you guys?

What neat things have you done at your parties?

LawP
Haunt Master

Post by LawP » Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:07 pm

Hey Req,

I hope you have a wonderful party! Last year I strung orange lights around my hot tub deck and displayed different sized carved pumpkins on it - with tea lights - on plant stands. I also bought one of those giant cauldrons from a party supply place and filled it with ice for canned drinks and added a few green glow sticks to the ice. I hung various ghoulies from the tree limbs around the back yard and taped glowsticks in various colors under their drapes - I think you can get the creatures pretty cheap (7.99) at Walmart or Kmart...just about anywhere. It was a simple decor but I got a lot of compliments. :D
Don't drink and fly...

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:19 pm

OOOOHHH LawP...glowsticks in the iced drink cauldron...what a GREAT idea!! I'll remember to make a toast to you with an "iced drink" :wink: when one of my guests says how cool it looks! Thanks! :lol:

Winnie Sanderson
Master Reaper

Post by Winnie Sanderson » Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:48 am

LawP that was an awesome idea!! Can I steal it? LOL

LawP
Haunt Master

Post by LawP » Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:15 pm

Thanks Hooch & Winnie. Steal away...we're family here. :D

Has anyone here ever done a Psycho bathroom? I have a bloody knife and handprints for the shower - I'm buying a shower curtain from the dollar store to tear up and cover in fake blood. I'm thinking maybe some cheap white towels I can stencil "Bates Motel" on. Can't find a movie poster though. Any other ideas? :?
Don't drink and fly...

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:58 pm

You can always dress a skeleton as "Mother Bates", stick a big knife in her hand and prop her up in the shower. :shock:

Winnie Sanderson
Master Reaper

Post by Winnie Sanderson » Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:24 pm

I like the mother Bates idea. You could put her in the shower or behind the door. I actually have a hand towel that says Bates Motel I got it from Universal studios. I wanted the motel sign that said vacancy but they had none left. You could go to the craft store and get iron on letters that would be easy. You could write on the mirror "mother made me do it" LOL

LawP
Haunt Master

Post by LawP » Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:55 pm

LOL Winnie! "Mother made me do it". Priceless. Hooch, that's a really good idea - but my kids might not like her IN the shower. Maybe I can hang her on the towel hook on the back of the bathroom door. Heaven knows it doesn't get used for towels!! :roll:
Don't drink and fly...