My New Banner

Non-Halloween related stuff. Same rules: family oriented, no flaming, be nice. ;-)
Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

My New Banner

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:00 pm

I am just speechless! :shock: OEJ has truly created a masterpiece when it comes to creating a banner that literally captures my world completely. He managed to embrace the aesthetics I love by incorporating my favourite colours, fabrics 'my word, I even have those same curtains and tiebacks', my love for the Victorian Era style by including such a beautiful Victorian Chase Loveseat in a gorgous Garnet and black brocade pattern. He even integrated my love for Antique Candleabra's so well by finding one that's just like the ones I own. And then there's the Victoria Frances image, OEJ even captured my favourite piece of her work. And perhaps the most outstanding mindblowing aspect was his remarkable talent and ability to incorporate my Draven into the picture. I couldn't believe it, here I thought he had somehow managed to capture an image that looked just like him " but no, it's actually really Draven" :D how OEJ did this I will never understand, all I know is he's truly an amazingly talented man with an ingenious mind. I Love every aspect he's captured, right down to the letter styling, and even including one of my favourite personal sayings & beliefs " Without Darkness there can be no Light" and the flickering of the candlelight . I am completely astonished at how OEJ not only captured the aesthetics I love and totally speak of my personality but how he captured the true inner essence and ambience of my world that actually gives a viewer a window as if they were able to look into my world, my heart and my soul is simply breathtaking :wink: " A Masterpiece".

Thank-You from the bottom of my heart OEJ, I just love it, "ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT" :D :D I wish I could reach right through this screen and give you a great big hug! :D It's simply Breathtaking, I just can't get over how you've created the very essence of my world & spirit.

^v^ The Biggest Batty Hugs^v^
YAHS
Kelly

Succub'Oz

Post by Succub'Oz » Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:35 pm

I know I'm a little biased, but seriously. Your banner turned out gorgeous! I keep having to stop and just stare and stare and stare, very hypnotic. All of the new banners are turning out so nicely, I'm even amazed!

mama2taj
Master Reaper

Post by mama2taj » Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:59 pm

its sooooo awsome it feels like I'm there with the candle light. ahhh
Shadows of a thousand years rise again unseen, voices whisper in the trees, "Tonights Halloween"- Dexter Kozen

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:01 pm

Hey Succub'Oz, Yes it's absolutely captivating, I just love it. I Thank-You both soooo much, I'm just ecstatic over it really. :D

Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by Nostalgiascape » Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:07 pm

Very nice
The dark night beckons. Bear us your soul, it whispers. Expose your wicked delights. Join the rest of us on the wind. The dark night beckons and we answer. Sailing into the shadows.

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:34 pm

Thanks Nos, I really like yours too, love the Castles against that evening red sky, it's very enchanting :wink:

I can't wait to see everyone else's :D

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:47 pm

Aww... Doddy, you are so welcome but, really.... you do me too much credit. You said you liked candleabras and Victoria Frances and I KNEW little Draven just HAD to be in it.
S'Oz said that she had some ideas and I said, "Nope! I know excatly what I need to do for this one. Just find me some VF pics that I can choose from and I'll know it when I see it."
Putting Draven into the pic was easy. I just took one of the pics you posted and cut Draven out of it.
It was fun to do. ALL of them have been really fun doing and I'm not done yet! :D
Anyway, I'm really glad you like it!!! It's nice to be appreciated.

I'm going to just start working on ideas as I come up with them. I think I'll be able to get everyones done quicker if I do it that way. I don't want the last person on the list to have to wait til next Halloween!

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:33 am

No way OEJ, seriously, you've got a special gift at relating to the inner essence of a person. I mean think about it, sure you knew I love candleabra's but there's a million styles and you picked out an exact match to one I own, and very similar in style to many others I have. Also, there are many works of art by Victoria Frances 'which I love many and own some of' and you just happedend to pick one of the ones I own & relate to my own inner spirit. And I never said anything about my love for brocade patterned fabric, plus the curtains & tiebacks. And not to mention how you captured and brought forth the whole overall ambience of my home & personal spirit so well.

Nope, the credit is all yours my dear AHB, and what a gift you have indeed :D :wink:

jadewik
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by jadewik » Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:32 am

I was wondering where DoD got her new duds... Great job OEJ! What a masterpiece!

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Sun Nov 18, 2007 3:37 am

Thaaaank you! Image

kallie0509

Post by kallie0509 » Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:27 am

DOD!!! that's so great! :D :D i love it! isn't OEJ great? it's like he can read your mind or something. in my case, i didn't even know what type of banner that i wanted, and he managed to make something that i just love. he really should doing stuff like this for a living.

kallie0509

Post by kallie0509 » Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:34 am

by the way DOD, i just googled victoria frances (i had never heard of her) and i am just stunned! :shock: oh my god! what an artist. i love the picture of the girl with the crows. i may change my avatar, that is if you don't mind me having a victoria frances avatar too. this art is just truly wonderful! :D

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:39 am

Kallie, by all means feel free to change your avatar to a Victoria Frances one, as you have probably noticed since looking at her art work that my own avatar is aldo one of her works. I love her work, always have since she first started producing her art, and I own a few pieces but still have a few I wish to purchase later down the road. :D

kallie0509

Post by kallie0509 » Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:16 am

great, thanks for letting me know about her. i was an instant fan after seeing her art. now i would like to buy her prints and frame them in my house! :D what do you think of the new avatar? i wanted the one of the girl in the snow with the crows, but for some reason photobucket didn't make it small enough to fit on halloween.com :( oh, well, i chose this one instead and i love it just as much!

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:59 pm

Uh...... I can do it!

*hehehe*