Member "Touch Base" Centre

Non-Halloween related stuff. Same rules: family oriented, no flaming, be nice. ;-)
Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:49 pm

Hi Everyone, Ok, news update. Our BC Environment has now issued a High Streamflow Advisory. :cry:

Prince George BC, way up north, which is of our biggest concern, is now at 9.119m high as of 3pm. Hope, which is the town next to us "East" 35 minutes away is at 8.311m, and all that water has to come to us here. :cry: And there is still 71% snowpack up in the mountains,ug!

Ok, as of 3pm today our city is at. 5.025m, up from 4.015m yesterday.

At 5.5 meter's our banks are full, at 6.0 we are beyond full and evacuation orders start for affected areas.. at 7.0 m we are starting to tread water, and at 8.0m we're headed south, who knows maybe I might meet you all sooner then you think :shock:

So thats were we stand right now. So I think I'm gonna head to the store and buy more bottled water, and tomorrow I have to go to the Public Works office as they are handing out free sandbags. :cry:

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:46 pm

DOD:

I'm checking every day, and sending good thoughts your way. I'd never leave without my dog, either, so "**** them if they can't take a joke". (Don't know if Canadians use that phrase, but it's big around here!! :oops: )
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:01 am

MHooch, Thanks for understanding, wish I could say the same for the folks here in the complex where I live. I heard a rumor that someone even said; Doesn't suprise me that a witch would die with her cats :evil: I'm not saying people in this town are like this, hell I've lived here most of my life, this community has always always pulled together to help each other under any adversity, its a very loving & caring city "Big Time" And anywhere else I have lived here in town is nothing like this complex! This complex I swaer is the SH** Hol* of this city. I swear I never thought we had any people anywhere near like this in our city until I moved in here. I mean, there are a few nice people, but even they think I'd stupid (their words, not mine) to not be willing to leave without my babies.
Oh well, each to their own, and if they want to call me a witch, thats A OK with me, the more they leave me alone, which they do, the better. Well the kids all come over and visit me and spend time out on my bench talking. Now What does that tell you?
But anyways, yep will keep you all posted, going to the store now to stock up on water.

Oh and as far as our creativity in the foul language department goes, We're very creative lets just say. :wink:

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:22 pm

Hey people, ok so several cities throughout the province have had to start evacuating homes. Kitimat, Terrace, Prince George, Smithers, and Telqkwa "all up north"

Down here Glen Valley in Abbotsford, the city next to me (West) and Hope
town (east) to me, and we're smack dab in the middle,ug!
The town of Fort Langley is expected to evacuate 1000 people this afternoon, and its just a small town too.

Here in the "Wack" thats what my city's nickname is, really Chilliwack, our water gauge is now at 5.355m at 9:30am with fast water current flow. Thats up from 5.0125m yesterday at 3:30pm.

Well just thought I'd give you an update. I need to go plan how I'm going to fit everything thats downstairs, upstairs. Wish hubby was home. :cry:

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:22 pm

Hey DOD - I keep thinking about you. Those people in your complex can just go eat worms!!! HAHA

Anyway I hope you don't get evacuated yet. I am keeping you and your kitties in my prayers.
"Drink up me 'earties Yo Ho. Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me!"

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:44 pm

Hi Mandy0221, As far as the people here in our complex go. 1) I keep to myself, hell I don't talk to people period anymore "except you guys". But no, they leave me alone, they're all scared of me (for no good reason) except the kids, which is fine, they have more inteeligent things to say around here anyways :wink:

And thank-you for your prayers. I'm really hoping we don't flood, heck, I'm still only about 40% unpacked from moving here to begin with. Anyways, gonna go see if the city works yard is still open to get my free sandbags, if not will have to get them tomorrow.

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:53 pm

Aww No Way! Ok, I just recieved a city email. The residents of our city that are just outside the dykes have been given evacuation orders & the rest of the city put on Evacuation Alert, damn! and I'm on the animal rescue volunteer list and most of the residents outside the dykes are those with livestock, shoot! And that also means the rivers coming up fast, and I live right on the other side of the 3 main dykes, Like I can walk to the dykes their that close.

Well tomorrow should prove to be very interesting.

I still want to participate in the exchange, so please don't count me out yet ok, but could we have someone to take my place and be partners with geekmidwinter should all hell breaks lose. A lot of the stores I shop at are at even greater risk of flooding then me, so I don't know when they will be closing. BUT please DON"T count me out just yet ok.

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:13 am

DOD: I'll stand in for you with GMW, if push comes to shove. But here's hoping you get to send your own package to her **Hooch's fingers are crossed**. Best thoughts with you, my dear, and your babies.

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:11 am

Thank's ever so much MHooch. Yes, I'm really hoping to send her a gift myself, so keeping my fingers crossed too.

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:44 am

I love you guys.

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:53 pm

Hey People, Ok, the Fraser River she's a risen with no mercy and is very rough terbulent waters, very aggressive.

Ok, as of 9:30am we are at 5.662 metres. Flooding of unprotected areas outside the city's Dyking system has begun. That's still a heck of a lot of peoples homes and animals that have to evacuate :cry:

Terrace BC , up north is now declaired in a state of Emergency :cry:

We still have much of the freshnet to arrive down here yet

As promised, keepin Ya posted.

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:58 pm

Please do keep us posted, Hon.
Our hearts and prayers are with you.

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:05 pm

Thanks OEJ, It's nuts. I've still got so much to do to prepare. Now I have to go get my sandbags tomorrow as they close at 3pm and I have an appointment to go to, so I guess I'll go tomorrow, then I have to take them to where the city is sending us to fill them. I'm trying to get a message up to Hubby to tell him to get some more cash in our joint account as I'm out of funds & need a bit more as the banks will close once they have too. And I have to find affordable good rubber boots for helping with the evacuation of the livestock and other animals, and for around here.

And nobody is even bothering to start to preapre in this damn complex, well I approached 2 of my freakin neighbours about going to get thier sandbags so that we will at least have enough to do around our uints, these people just don't get it, the mantality is "oh, the city will save us" ug! the city is begging people to start preparing and have been for some time now, why do so many people rely on others, I just don't get it! the city has been doing an excellent job, and they're telling people, prepare, we are not trying to install fear, but there is a very great threat we'll flood to some extent so prepare. Yes, they've done an awesome job upgrading the dykes $33 million dollars worth, but mother nature can be even greater. the city is happy with where things are currently at, and they are confident that the upgraded dykes with withstand much, but they've also said "we can't outdo what Mother Nature is capable of in her greatest powers, nobody can" so please prepare your homes and family.

Well all I need pretty much now is: Camp stove canister or 2, rubber boots, dust mask, and to double check that I have enough batteries for my flashlights & camp lantern. And once the gauge reashes 5.8m I'm filling everything I can with water. Oh, darn, and I need to buy,shoot, can't remember now. Ug! too much on my mind!

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:15 am

I'm still checkin' in on ya, hope you are getting the good vibes I'm sending your way!

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:38 am

Hey MHooch, Thank's so much for keeping in close contact. My hearts doing some weird stuff tonight and I've been out of breath and extremely tired and weak all day so althought I don't think I've been to bed this early since 2003, I just took a shot of my Nitro Sray, and I think I'm gonna get to bed.

Will post you guys tomorrow when I get up and let you know how things are.

^v^Bless you all, have a wicked night! ^v^