Health and Personal Issues (Call on your friends)

Non-Halloween related stuff. Same rules: family oriented, no flaming, be nice. ;-)
OctoberChill
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: Health and Personal Issues (Call on your friends)

Post by OctoberChill » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:54 pm

I wish you the best of luck Pumpkin_Man. Talk about a life changing event huh? Congrats on the pounds you've already shed.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:55 am

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I'm actualy looking forward to it, even though it will mean giving up something that I love to do, and that's EAT.

Mike

Andybev01
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Andybev01 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:59 am

I found that I eat less if I go overboard with spices and seasonings.

The better something tastes the slower I eat because I like to savor the flavor.
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:54 pm

That's one way if it works, but for me, the better it tastes, the faster I want to gobble it up. I think my only hope is bariatric surgery.

Mike

Rising Dead Man
Halloween Master

Post by Rising Dead Man » Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:42 pm

Pumpkin_Man wrote:Well I'm not trying to convert you to my religion, but check out the Catholic Church at least once before you make a final decision. You might be suprised.

Mike
There is and Irish Catholic church in my town. I think I'll check it out.
Halloween wraps fear in innocence,
As though it were a slightly sour sweet.
Let terror, then, be turned into a treat...
~Nicholas Gordon

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:15 pm

Great. Good luck to you.

Mike

Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master

Post by Nostalgiascape » Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:23 pm

For the past five years I have had a gaggle of health problems. I finally found a good doctor who linked all of them to one core health problem. I have testosterone deficiency. My body produces it but not enough. So I am happy to say 2 weeks into the treatment I feel great. After 3 months, in most cases, the body starts to produce it's own in suifficient quantities. Few people need six months, but to the same end. Guess all im asking for is a wish me luck. :)
The dark night beckons. Bear us your soul, it whispers. Expose your wicked delights. Join the rest of us on the wind. The dark night beckons and we answer. Sailing into the shadows.

Andybev01
Halloween Master

Post by Andybev01 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:46 pm

I wish you all the luck you need and then some! :D
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

Rising Dead Man
Halloween Master

Post by Rising Dead Man » Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:08 pm

Speaking of OCD, does anyone watch Monk? I can relate to this guy.

http://twobarkingdogs.files.wordpress.c ... -small.jpg

Why do they make him look so sinister in this picture?
Halloween wraps fear in innocence,
As though it were a slightly sour sweet.
Let terror, then, be turned into a treat...
~Nicholas Gordon

Alan Wake
Haunt Master

Post by Alan Wake » Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:41 pm

Rising Dead Man wrote:Speaking of OCD, does anyone watch Monk? I can relate to this guy.

http://twobarkingdogs.files.wordpress.c ... -small.jpg

Why do they make him look so sinister in this picture?
Put some white make up on and the lipstick and he'll look like the Joker!

"Son, why so serious?!"

:mrgreen:

"But nightmares exist outside of logic, and there's little fun to be had in explanations; they're antithetical to the poetry of fear." - Stephen King

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:11 am

I certainly wish you all the luck in the world. I know that health issues are no day at teh beach. I've been struggling with the Gout all Summer long. Hopefully the doctor will have a treatment that will help me keep it under control.

Mike

Autumnal_whispers
Crypt Keeper

Post by Autumnal_whispers » Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:00 am

Deadbride, you're so lucky to be able to get out of that situation and I applaud your bravery. You have to do what's best for you and your children. I too was in an abusive relationship (Mentally, nothing physical. It was bound to happen eventually though.) and I know how hard it is to leave something like that. I've been called every name in the book. I've been emotionally torn to shreds. I used to self-injure, and he told me that I had p***y cuts and that I should cut myself deeper. I tried starving myself once and he told me that I was fat and needed to lose more weight. I was told that I deserved to be raped. (My one ex had forced himself on me, but I never reported it since there was no real proof. He was my bf at the time so I figured they would have just called me a liar.) He threatened to kill me and my family many, many times. Once when he broke up with me (He always dumped me and then begged me to come back.) he told me that I would get married to a physically abusive man, live in a trailer park, pop out a million kids, live on Welfare, and make nothing of myself. I was raised on Welfare and SSI because both of my parents were disabled, so that's a touchy subject for me. I've been though so much with that child (I call him a child because no real MAN acts like that.) and I could seriously write a book on everything I've been though. One day I finally had enough of it and I broke up with him. Apparently he thought that he could get me to come back to him by threatening my life again, telling me he's going to kill everyone that is close to me, and that he was going to blow out my next boyfriend's kneecaps out with a baseball bat. My mom and I had all of our phone numbers changed and I'm the happiest I've been in years.

So I'm going to end up with an abusive husband with several kids and no job? Last time I checked I had a real MAN who treats me with respect and loves me for who I am, I'm going to college in less than a week, and everything is perfect. What does he have? He's joining the Marines so he can die a "hero's death," so he doesn't have to commit suicide after several attempts. (Yes, I heard this straight out of his mouth.) Oh life.

Anyway, as for health issues, I've been diagnosed with Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. I was molested by my cousin (I think he's either a second or third cousin.) when I was three years old and he was around eighteen I guess. I told my mom about it, and supposedly she was going to report it, but my great-aunt told her that I was a liar and she would tell the courts that. So it went unreported.) So that and the rape both contributed to the PTSD.

I've also been diagnosed with Major Depression and General Anxiety. I went to therapy for a couple years, first focusing just on talking and then eventually trying medication. Since I got out of the emotionally abusive relationship, my mental health has improved greatly. I still do get depressed fairly easily, especially whenever it's triggered by stressful events. (Thank you college!) Overall I can function normally, but during highly stressful events I start taking my antidepressants again.

Other than my mental health issues, I don't really have any other health problems. I'm slightly overweight (Horray for being only 5'0," so any weight doesn't balance too well on me.) but I'm going to try to lose it once I go to college. They're building a whole new fitness center and I'm really looking forward to it! And I'm going to try to eat healthier as well. My doctor suggested cutting out as many carbs as possible, but I LOVE pasta. It's my downfall. lol