Discussion of general Halloween topics
RexBHamilton
Crypt Keeper

Rex B. Hamilton looks forward to meeting you

Post by RexBHamilton » Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:57 am

Rex B. Hamilton looks forward to meeting you at the 2008 TransWorld convention

March 14, 2008

Greetings, Fellow Haunters:

This year will be my twelfth visit in a row to The National Halloween, Costume and Party Show as well as my first trip to Las Vegas. I hope to meet a whole new gaggle of haunters from the western portion of the country, and have another wonderful time wallowing in all things haunted..

I will be in Darth Vegas from Sunday until Friday. For the first few days Fluffy and I will be at the Venetian, just for the sheer heck of it all. I want to be able to walk out of my hotel and into the convention center, just like you could walk across North River Road from the various Rosemont hotels and into the Stephenson convention center.

-------

Fluffy and I should be on the convention floor for most of Sunday afternoon. Since she’s never been to a haunted convention (despite the fact that I have been a haunted convention producer), I’ll try to show her as much of the TransWorld show floor as I can.

In the evening, we’ll be a part of the Viva Haunt Vegas bus tour. I haven’t taken Fluffy through a working haunted house in more than a decade. It should be quite an experience. (She frightens easily and shrieks like nobody’s business.)

I’ve walked through trailer haunts during the daytime in years past, but have never seen one in action. I’m looking forward to the experience.

-------

Monday the 17th (St. Patrick’s Day) will be my big day at TransWorld.

For one thing, I’ll be in make-up and costume all day. The costume is a snazzyy sport-coat-and-slacks routine that I wore to TransWorld a few years ago. The make-up job is one that you probably haven’t yet seen. It is composed of the same prosthetic piece and make-up scheme that I used while being filmed as a zombie in Midnight Syndicate’s “The Dead Matter” last summer. Look for a dead-looking guy with a sickly-yellow face and a green hounds-tooth sport coat.

In the early afternoon on Monday, I will pull my annual shift at the IAHA booth. Having photographs taken of me is a true pleasure, so do not hesitate to have me pose with your honey at the booth. To the best of my knowledge, I am the only person with a perfect record of manning (ghouling?) the Association’s booth.

As in years past, I will be one of the prizes at the IAHA auction, set to begin at 3:30 that afternoon. I have learned that Chuck “Bubba Hotep” Williams and Rich “Horrormaster” Hanf will once again drive the auction bus.

I will give away my haunted services for the weekend of October 31 - November 1 to the top bidder. Every penny of your bid will go to the benefit of the IAHA. Former top bidders include these noteworthy haunts: Campground Massacre in South Carolina, Rockin’ R Ranch in Ohio, Headless Horseman in New York and Woods of Terror in North Carolina. I ask this to you: Buy me, and put me to work for you.

From 5 PM until the latter part of the evening, you will find me at the IAHA Annual meeting in rooms 206 and 207 at the Sands Convention Center. There will be the standard corporate stuff: the voting results of the annual election for board members, committee reports, a review of the past year’s activities, a look ahead at what 2008 might bring to us spookers and so forth.

What draws me to this gathering, year after year, is that I am in an inviting ballroom with some of the most dedicated haunters in the land. I walk around a room filled with haunt royalty. How lovely.

-------

Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday in Vegas? Who knows? I’ve never been there, so I look forward to nothing but fun with the best people on the planet: haunters.

-------

So many spookers who love the thrill of a good scare. So few days to meet them all and laugh with them. Could it be anything other than TransWorld?

Very truly yours,

Rex B. Hamilton

13939 Clifton Boulevard
Lakewood, Ohio 44107-1462
216.226.7764 (home)
216.973.0050 (cell)
EvilLordZargon@msn.com

Haunt Master

Re: Rex B. Hamilton looks forward to meeting you

Post by Haunt Master » Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:36 pm

Good luck with your trip to TW Vegas! 8)

I hope you will have big fun up there in Vegas!! I know you will spend good times! :D