what are your favorite movies to watch on halloween?

Discussion of general Halloween topics
Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:56 pm

Hey people, this Halloweentown you keep talking about, is it an animated movie? or part animated or what? Does anyone remember if Scooby Do had a Halloween movie? I can't remember, I thought it did? My friends daughter has never seen Scooby Do, so I was thinking of trying to get it for her and we could all watch it on her birthday :D Let me know ok, Thank's!

LawP
Haunt Master

Post by LawP » Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:34 pm

DOD, Halloweentown 1, 2 & 3 are Disney movies starring a teenaged witch/mortal mix - together with her mom, sister, and brother. Halloweentown is where the grandmother lives and the mother was born. It's a great place! I think you can google the title and order it online. Not sure if Halloweentown 3 is available yet since it just came out last season. Light hearted, kids can watch, kind of balances the creepy stuff.
Don't drink and fly...

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:06 pm

Awesome! thanks so much LawP. I'm gonna google it right now. So is it only partly animated then?

LawP
Haunt Master

Post by LawP » Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:51 pm

It's not animated at all. That's what makes Halloweentown so fun to watch - the costuming, attention to detail...really fun to watch.
Don't drink and fly...

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:54 pm

Hey LawP, Ya I went and looked it up, wow there's 1,2&3, but it says that 3 is pretty bad, did you see them all, are all three worth getting. Now is #1 called She's the Witch? and #2 Kalabars Revenge? and so is #3 the one called Return to Halloweentown? Boy I've never heard of these, but then you're looking at someone who hasn't even bought Nightmare Before Christmas :(

I did find a Scooby Doo one called Scooby Doo 2 Monsters Unleashed. I know, sounds silly, and I'm not a person to ever watch cartoons, heck I never have been, about the only cartoon however that I did watch once in awhile as a kid was Scooby Doo, I don't mind partly animated movies though like The Haunted Mansion & Casper and ones like that.

tomanderson
Halloween Master

Post by tomanderson » Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:33 pm

I found a short film that I think is going to be a Halloween classic.

It's called

"Winter of the Witch"

and it is about a witch that makes magic BLUEBERRY PANCAKES

This was made in the 70's (it shows!) and supposedly was shown in schools.

LawP
Haunt Master

Post by LawP » Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:48 pm

DOD,

The lead actress was replaced in the third movie - conflicts with her schedule - but I thought it was fine with the new actress. The first one is the best, I think.
Don't drink and fly...

EvilMel
Haunt Master

Post by EvilMel » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:01 pm

Thanks Hooch!
Halloweiner Extraordinaire.

Spooky
Haunt Master

Post by Spooky » Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:25 am

LawP-

My cousin did an independant movie, that was almost just like Blood and Chocolate (from what I know about it-I haven't seen it)...but she could turn in to a werewolf. I posted about it on another thread. Just do a search on My Space, or anywhere on the internet for the movie:

Curse of the Wolf

I am actually hanging with my cousin in 2 days, I can't wait to see her.

Check it out...there's previews you can view for it.

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:34 am

Hey LawP, Ok While I was out I went to the CD store where I purchase some of my DVD's. THey didn't have any of the Halloweentown's in but they are going to order me in Halloweentown 1&2 which come together they said. There is also 3, and 4, but those are sold separtley, so I just have the first 2 ordered.

And not that's it's really Halloween persay, but I found a DVD Gift box set of Ghostbusters 1&2 and includes a scetchbook of the movie came in a gift box set too with tones of extra's so for $12.99 I thought what the heck! I haven't seen them since when they first came out years ago.

LawP
Haunt Master

Post by LawP » Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:44 am

Thanks Spooky, I'll check it out. DOD - I didn't know there was a Halloweentown 4???? I actually dusted off my video of Halloween 2 - Kalabar's Revenge, and watched it last night. :D My daughter wants to medicate me. :shock:
Don't drink and fly...

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:34 pm

Hey LawP, Yep there is I guess, I can't remember the name of it though. I know the #3 rd one was something like halloweentown return to halloween high, or just halloween High, something like that, and then there was the 4th but I can't remember what it was called, but I can find out for you if you like.

As far as your daughter's wanting to medicate you, that brought a thought to my mind. Everyone here that knows me are always telling me how strange I am, so I saw this mini shirt air freashner at the Dollar store and I had to buy it for in my car because of what it said. "Medicated For Your Protection" thought it was cute :wink: Just tell them you could be into worse things...

LawP
Haunt Master

Post by LawP » Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:47 pm

That's hilarious DOD! :lol: I need a freshener like that immediately!!! :D I'm quite surprised there is a 4th Halloweentown and I didn't know about it!!? I can probably find it but thanks for the offer. I think I'll really mess with my daughter tonight and watch Hocus Pocus. :D
Don't drink and fly...

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:28 pm

So people, I think I mentioned that I've ordered Halloween 1 & 2. They came together so thats why I've ordered the first 2 if you were wondering why I haven't bought the others.
So this is a good movie right? Can anyone tell me anything it's comparable to, not in persay quality, but how about style? Haunted Mansion? Harry Potters?

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:51 pm

I like to watch the kid like movies - Haunted Mansion, Casper, Halloweentown or the TV shows with Halloween specials. I save the horror movies for other nights in the fall!
"Drink up me 'earties Yo Ho. Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me!"