FAVORITE 4TH OF JULY FIREWORKS

SummerForums.com is a great place to discuss Everything Summer!
Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

FAVORITE 4TH OF JULY FIREWORKS

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Fri May 02, 2014 2:23 pm

Hi Folks:

As long as we're discussing barbecue and bird watching, I thought I would introduce another topic related to Summer. The 4th of July. I have as much as a passion for all kinds of fireworks as I do for pumpkin carving and scary movies.

My personal favs for having fun are firecrackers and smoke bombs, but I love to light off Arial floral and various other display type items, such as flower pots, helicopters and the like when it gets dark. I wish those really loud Ariel bombs were legal, because I also like to make noise.

So which are your favorites.

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: FAVORITE 4TH OF JULY FIREWORKS

Post by Murfreesboro » Mon May 05, 2014 11:18 am

I like pretty colors more than noise. As a child I used to set off Roman candles, but as an adult I have mostly confined myself to sparklers. We usually attend the community fireworks event for the big show.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Mon May 05, 2014 11:48 am

I can't help but to love loud noise on the 4th of July. I also like to play Susa Marches on my stereo while I light them off.

Mike

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Mon May 05, 2014 12:12 pm

Here in Murfreesboro, the local symphony plays American tunes, patriotic and otherwise, before and during the fireworks show.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Mon May 05, 2014 12:29 pm

I would love to attend that show some time. I'm a cheater. I use my stereo while I light off firecrackers and floral displays, and my neighbors actually enjoy it with me. We attend the local fireworks show, then I shoot off fireworks while playing Souse Marches and they really get into it with me. It's the only day I don't catch flack for cranking out my stereo.

Mike

MauEvig
Halloween Master

Post by MauEvig » Mon May 05, 2014 5:41 pm

I think I'm with Murf on this one. I prefer the pretty colors, but I also like the most unique displays.
I'm used to seeing professional displays myself though. But I never really liked the really really loud ones, y'know the ones that make a little flash of light and a loud boom that makes thunder sound quiet? lol.
Oh well.
As far as our own fireworks, the only ones we'd be allowed to have probably are the fountains, but I enjoy them just the same because we don't even get to have those where I used to live.
I'm looking forward to fireworks at the Summerfest, which will pretty much be my 4th of July even if it's technically after July 4th.
Nocturnal Purr-Fection

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Mon May 05, 2014 6:55 pm

I like them all, the loud and the multi colored. I know what you mean about those aerial bombs, too. They are federally banned, but I had a lot of fun with them when I was a teenager.

Mike

Kolchak
Halloween Master

Post by Kolchak » Thu May 08, 2014 9:55 pm

Since fireworks are not legal here I would never, ever recommend someone break the law. But if I was going to.....

M-60s, bottle rocket(preferably Black Cat) Roman Candles, Sparklers that have different colors, and anything that shoots high enough and looks nice when it goes boom.

MauEvig
Halloween Master

Post by MauEvig » Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:33 pm

We're sort of limited on what kind of fireworks we can get here, but out of the fountain ones that we are allowed to have, the more bright and colorful they are, the more fun they are.

I have to work this year, but I don't mind too much because I get the next day off. That means I can stay up as late as I want and get to sleep in the next day. So once I get home from work, it's time to light 'em up! I have a lot of fun with these fireworks; it's more than what I could do in New York that's for sure! I love my home state but Virginia's definitely got the one up in the fireworks department.

Other than that I like lighting the sparklers, morning glories, crackle balls (if I can find them!) and smoke bombs. Although those are things they do allow in New York; I still enjoy them here. I've enjoyed sparklers since childhood, I'm not about to change that. :lol:

Probably won't have a huge display this year; but it'll still be fun regardless and I'm looking forward to it. I get excited lighting them and running away as they ignite and wait in anticipation of the light up crackles and pops.
Nocturnal Purr-Fection

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:58 am

I think Nashville intends to have the largest fireworks display in the nation on the 4th.

I usually go to see our local ones in Murfreesboro, which are quite nice, actually.

I don't know right now what I will do for the 4th. I am actually rather heartsick about it. It feels like I am going to be following through with an essentially empty ritual.

MauEvig
Halloween Master

Post by MauEvig » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:54 am

I know the Homestead does fireworks, but we usually do our own. I usually have to work that day anyway, so it's not a huge celebration, but I still like to make the most of it anyway.

I understand Murf; with the people in the White House essentially corrupt, and our country hardly a country of freedom (although it could be worse) I suppose you could just do it in remembrance of our forefathers. And if nothing else, it'll be a great time for the family to do something together.
Nocturnal Purr-Fection

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:51 pm

I think at the moment I am more disillusioned with the Supreme Court than I am with the White House, although I don't have any use for its current occupants, either. But I already knew where I stood with them. The Supreme Court has abandoned its duty.

I'm sure we will mark the day somehow with our family, but there sure doesn't seem to be much to celebrate right now. I suppose I could re-read the Declaration & Constitution.

Boogeyman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Boogeyman » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:06 pm

I am right there with you Murf. I haven't done much for Independence Day the last few years since I don't have many friends and my family is eroding. This year, as in years past, I will probably try to get to bed early most of next weekend so that I can get to sleep before the noise starts in the neighborhood.
There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root.

Henry David Thoreau

Kolchak
Halloween Master

Post by Kolchak » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:27 am

At one time it meant a lot to me too. Not so much these days. In fact I was scheduled to be off, but we're so short I have to work. At least that means holiday pay. So I guess that's something.

Kolchak
Halloween Master

Post by Kolchak » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:31 am

...I could reread the Declaration or the Constitution.

They're going to reprint them both.....in rainbow colored paper. :evil: