Jake with a limp- A continuing work by nostalgiascape

Discussion of general Halloween topics
Big_Guh
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Big_Guh » Thu May 03, 2007 8:23 pm

To reiterate what everyone is saying, Nostalgia, you sure do have a knack for builing and maintaining suspense. This is a very difficult thing to do, and you, my friend, do it masterfully. Also, the dialogue between characters is quite crisp and believable. Well done, feel beter, and keep it coming!

Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by Nostalgiascape » Fri May 04, 2007 1:37 am

The man in the blue jean outfit was named Sid. No one outside of his strange family ever knew his last name. And Sids reputation as a man to be feared quickly spread across Arizona and New Mexico. Sid was a dangerous criminal with an amazing ability to evade the law.

Kenny Alavarez met Sid in a road house bar near the Arizona Mexico border. When Sid had bet more than he had and lost against a group of Mexican bikers, Kenny had laid down the money for him. From then on there was a strange partnership between Kenny; a man who was aparently more than he appeared to be, and Sid; a man who was exactly what he appeared to be.

But Kenny always kept Sid at arms lenth. He was never comfortable with Sids fascination with dark magic and blood rituals. Sid was always bragging about how no body could curse a man better than his mom. And now that he was asking Sid to kill a man, even Kenny was feeling that maybe he was getting in a little over his head. But his bruised ego would not let it go.
Last edited by Nostalgiascape on Fri May 04, 2007 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
The dark night beckons. Bear us your soul, it whispers. Expose your wicked delights. Join the rest of us on the wind. The dark night beckons and we answer. Sailing into the shadows.

Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master

Post by Nostalgiascape » Fri May 04, 2007 1:46 am

Sid paced around in Kennys hospital room. He was petting his beard thinking about what Kenny had said.

"You know, I can find anybody to try my new knives out on. What else is in it for me bro." Sid asked Kenny.

"Okay, you have a point. How about $1000.00. Quick kill easy money." Kenny said.

"$5000.00, and I kill slow." Sid replied.

"Christ! five Sid?" Kenny asked.

"A thousand is an insult for one Kenny. And besides, that's a small price for risking my head." Sid answered. But Sid didn't expect Kenny to agree to the asking price.

"Done." Kenny said

"Man, you must really hate this poor bastard. I mean I know he kicked your <deleted> but.."

Kenny interupted Sid. "My issues with that limping <deleted> po dunk have been boiling for a few years now. I hate the bitch. Always acting better than everyone. Always so proper. Then he crossed me for the last time. 5000.00 will be paid to you." Kenny replied.
The dark night beckons. Bear us your soul, it whispers. Expose your wicked delights. Join the rest of us on the wind. The dark night beckons and we answer. Sailing into the shadows.

Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master

Post by Nostalgiascape » Thu May 10, 2007 6:37 pm

Jacob and Cal met up at Jacobs place and drove down to Scmidts Tavern. They didn't detect any trouble in town. In the tavern even though they caught a couple of stares, there was no real trouble.

"What'll you have fellas?" Asked Big John, the bar owner.

"Ah...you know i'll go different and have a Rolling Rock." Cal replied.

"Sounds good, me too." Jacob added.

"Been in here before?" Cal asked Jacob.

"Nope. It's really not too bad in here." Jacob replied.

"Yeah, Big John tries to keep it clean in here." Cal replied.

"So Jacob, mind if I ask you where you caught that bad leg?" cal asked.

"No, not at all..."

Sorry for the long intermission, needed a break from it

Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master

Post by Nostalgiascape » Mon May 14, 2007 5:06 pm

"Before I moved in up here, I tailspinned down there. I quit the force, and just got drunk, all the time." Jacob said.

"Oh...wish you'da told me sooner I wouldn't have brought you here." Cal replied.

"No it's not a problem. That phase has passed. But it didn't pass before I sent my vehicle into a wall with me in it. Messed my leg up bad. But i'm lucky to be alive. All that time in the hospital was good for thinking. But unfortunately my thoughts were negative. Long story cut short, here I am." Jacob said. He wasn't emotional this time. That had all been let out earlier in the day.

"Well Jacob, you're here and you're alive. Whatdya say you finally start to live life for yourself again." Cal asked.

"I can try." Jacob replied. Both men finished their first drink and called for another.

Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master

Post by Nostalgiascape » Mon May 21, 2007 5:04 am

The night finished with jake feeling light and carefree for the first time in years.

He and Cal shot pool, played Darts and just shared exagerated tales of yore. Mostly they were police tales. Eventually, Cal called his wife. He was too drunk to drive. Cals wife drove Jacob home and then she took her husband home. Knowing this was not a habbit for him, she was understanding and patient with Cal.

Jacob went to bed and imediatly fell asleep. He was to drunk to realize something. Trouble never found him in town that night. Not yet anyways.

Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master

Post by Nostalgiascape » Mon May 21, 2007 5:42 am

It was early morning. The sun was just beginning to rise over the horizon line. Sid was driving his long beloved vehicle towards Temperance Arizona. His goal was simple. Find Jacob Walther, and stab him in non vital areas. Make him die slow. Then leave town.

Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master

Post by Nostalgiascape » Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:32 pm

Sid drove into Temperance Arizona as casually as if he were the postman, getting ready to deliever the mail. He pulled up to Bentons Diner and parked his vehicle.

"Think i'll have me some breakfast." Sid said to himself.

Sid walked into the Diner just as a waitress was unlocking the door for open business.

"Mornin maam." Sid said as he walked in.

The waitress was not charmed by his courtesy. His appearance was intimidating and there was a bad aura around him.

"Mornin mister, what'll you have?"
"Weeeelll.." Sid said yawning as he stretched. "I think i'll have me some sausage gravey over biscuits, and a cherry cola." Sid answered.

"Cola this early in the morning?" The waitress asked light heartedly.
"Got a problem mom?" Sid snapped defensively.

"Nope. We'll have your order up real soon." the waitress replied with aggrivation in her voice. She walked into the back where Big Ben, Ben being short for Benton; was preparing three orders over a flat grill.

"Ben, just wanna let ya know, we have a guy out there who might be trouble." said the waitress.

"That right Rosie?" which was the waitresses name. Ben trusted Rosie's judgement. He peered out into the diner to size the man up.

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Sun Jul 01, 2007 1:24 am

Yeah!! The story continues....
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus

deadbride
Master Reaper

Post by deadbride » Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:13 am

Hip Hip Horay!!! Wonderful. Of course, as you know I'm hooked!
I may grow older, but I refuse to grow up.
I'm not weird, just normal challenged.

Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master

Post by Nostalgiascape » Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:30 pm

Sid sat quietly waiting for his food. When Rosie brought it out to him, she expected more bad behavior, but he didn't deliever. Sid just sat there eating his meal. Later when Rosie asked him if he'd like anything else, Sid asked her a question.

"Do you know a man by the name of Jacob Walther? He's an old buddy of mine, and i've driven from out of town to surprise him." Sid said.

Rosie didn't buy it.

"Nope, don't know a Jacob. Sorry." Rosie answered. She was lying. Everyone knew Jacob. But she had a seriously bad feeling. Benton was watching the whole thing from his window. Later that morning, Benton placed a call to the Sherrif.

"Yeah Cal, got something you might want to know about...."

Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master

Re: Jake with a limp- A continuing work by nostalgiascape

Post by Nostalgiascape » Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:31 pm

May I ask a moderator to move this story to the writings forum?