My Sculpey Adventure!

What crafts are fun for the holiday season?
MHooch
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by MHooch » Sun Jul 01, 2007 1:38 am

Now THAT, my friend is attention to detail, actually making the legs that you will not even see under the dress, what an artist!! They look great, BTW. :lol:
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:37 am

To answer DOD's question from another post, I've literally had NO time lately! I've been working in the neighborhood of 60 to 70 hours aweek with few or no days off for weeks, now. We're REALLY short handed at the store and I've had to take the brunt of the load. I've had two days off in the last 22 days and I STILL don't know when my next day off is going to be.

A few weeks ago, I WAS able to complete the bottom design of the lady who answers the door's dress...

If I haven't mentioned it, the scene I'm working on is Lil OEJ's first trick or treat. A Nice 1950's like Mom is answering the door for a few TOTer's; She acts surprised and horrified at the young ones costumes... OEJ is waiting patiently for his turn.......... while weilding a butchers knife behind his back.

I'm finding that I don't even have enough time to realize just how time consuming this particular project is! :?

On top of everything, we're having to move. The landlord is losing the house and he need's us out as soon as possible. So, I need to spend what little time I have looking for a new place to live.

I hope I get a day off this coming week. :(

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:09 am

Oh dear OEJ, That's aweful! That's a lot on your plate, holy. Well, I sure hope you find something you and the Mrs. will love, but if you can't find anything you like, there's a unit in my complex not far from ours :D would love to have you as a neighbour, boy could we ever ROCK this complex at Halloween, just you & I :twisted: :twisted: Good luck though OEJ, and keep us posted as to how the move is going, I'll keep you in my thoughts that you will find just what you need and want :D

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:11 am

OEJ, remember I did post a thread on here somewhere for members to keep each other updated when something is going on in ours lives, just a thought for ya :D Will be thinking of you . :wink:

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:09 am

Thanks, DOD!!! You are the sweetest thing, and I really mean that. I'm actually in pretty good spirits, I just need more time to get all the important things done, so I can have more time to play.

Oh... and BTY, my schedual for next week came out today....... No days off :cry: I'm going to have to say something to my boss. I HAVE to be able to get somethings done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:31 am

Hey OEJ, Yes, your boss needs to know your situation thats for sure. And they need to understand that employees are far more productive when they aren't burnt out, plus far less accdents happen when people are rested. Our part of our province is booming, has been for a couple of years now, but is getting even more crazy, the entire valley is growing like a bad weed. Its so crazy here that businesses are having to close cause they don't have enough employees, and they are bringing in workers from other countries by the bus loads, its nuts. And with it, prices of things like houses have skyrocketed! I mean, a house that was 120,000 3 years ago is now selling for $499,000, pretty insane eh.

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:17 pm

OEJ:

Hang in there, my friend! Best of luck to you and the Mrs. as you find a new place. It'll work out, I'm a big believer in the theory that things happen for a reason. So...maybe you're new place will have bigger and better Halloween potential!! Try and balance your busy work schedule with some "me" time. To quote one of my favorite films..."All work and no play"...well, you know the rest! :wink:

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:29 am

Thanks, MamaHooch! :) It always means a lot, coming from you. Actually, I have Thursday off (per request). Tomorrow is going on 27 days, wherein I've only had two days off: the 4th and the 14th.
Thank you, as well, DOD!!!! you guys are the best!!!!!

And by the way, you guys ARE my "ME" time!!!! hehehehe

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:20 pm

Bless your soul, OEJ....I just love you. :wink: :lol:

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:33 am

*siiiiiiiigh* me2u, MammaHooch!

Winnie Sanderson
Master Reaper

Post by Winnie Sanderson » Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:07 pm

How did I miss this thread? All I can say OEJ is WOW! just WOW!

You are a talented man.....

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:26 pm

Thanks Winnie! As soon as I get settled in to our new place (hopefully, by the end of the month) I'm going to get myself a work desk and start all over again. I've got lots of great ideas and I can't WAIT to have my own little work area.

magickbean
Halloween Master

Post by magickbean » Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:40 pm

Awww OEJ I had missed this thread before but I'm sooo glad that you directed me to it in my Fimo thread!!! You are amazing and have inspired me so much!! :D I have always liked your avatar and now I see the makings of it, I love it even more!

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:06 pm

Thanks, Magick! Remember, I'm just starting out, too. I'm sure we can share MANY tips and tricks as we learn them.

The best tip I can give right now, is to get yourself a Pasta Machine! and a few carving tools and let your imagination run wild!

pum'kinpye
Master Reaper

Post by pum'kinpye » Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:13 am

Wow..I am totally in awe of your work. I don't know what to say to give you the proper praise for your talent.
If I saw that on a shelf in our stores, I'd have bought it already!!
You are super talented.
thanks for sharing this with us, the step by step , everything...awesome!
can't wait to see the next piece....