Penny Dreadful

For all your spooky, ghosty, haunted and otherwise Halloween-y television show discussions!
Kolchak
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Penny Dreadful

Post by Kolchak » Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:59 pm

Any of y'all seen this series on Showtime? It is not for the squeamish or children.

Plenty of gore and plenty of nudity and whoopie

Whoopie making of ALL kinds I might add. NOTHING left to the imagination.

I read its been renewed for another season, and there are two episodes left in this seasons run.

We have vampires, werewolves, Dr Frankenstein, the monster, maybe a bride for the monster before long, among others.

We have Dorian Grey, Mina Harker, Josh Hartnet as the gunslinging bi-sexual cowboy who makes whoopie with Dorian Grey and this girl hooker who is dying of TB. Josh may or may not be a werewolf. Looks like he is though.

Van Helsing, who was killed last night by the Frankenstein monster, after just being on two episodes!

Timothy Dalton as an explorer big game hunter who is trying to save his daughter Mina from the evil count Dracula who has taken her hostage. It appears Tim and Drac have a history but we're not privy to it yet.

Confused?

Yea me too.

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Re: Penny Dreadful

Post by NeverMore » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:08 pm

I've got the first 6 episodes but I'm thinking of waiting till Hallowseason to watch them. Unless I get really bored. Have to catch up on Salem too.

Kolchak
Halloween Master

Post by Kolchak » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:17 pm

Watched the next to last installment after the soccer match Sunday and am still confused. Vanessa is possessed by some type of demon or maybe the devil, so most of last nights show had them fighting for her soul. They win in the end because Josh uses a Saint Jude medal and speaks in Latin to her.

It was very, very, very, very similar to the Exorcist and I'm going to guess that was intentional. One more show before the season ends. It has been renewed for another year.

Kolchak
Halloween Master

Post by Kolchak » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:46 pm

Watched the last installment for this season and am totally lost. Over all I like the show, but it seems to be all over the place. I noticed the "good guys" went on a ship docked in the city to locate and kill the head vampire. Before they could do that they had to dispose of all the vampires brides. All the brides look like the Morlocs from the 1960s movie Time Machine, with Rod Taylor.

ramaries69
Halloween Master

Post by ramaries69 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:36 pm

I felt it was all over the place, as well. Lost my interest, immediately. Didn't get past second episode.

Kolchak
Halloween Master

Post by Kolchak » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:10 pm

ramaries69 wrote:I felt it was all over the place, as well. Lost my interest, immediately. Didn't get past second episode.
My sentiments exactly. You had to be schizophrenic to follow and understand it.

Yea, I have a feeling unless they can really kick it in the pants and give us a good monster themed menu for the fall, it will be in the $5.00 bin at Walmart before too long.