New member Introduction [old]

Discussion of general Halloween topics
MHooch
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by MHooch » Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:15 pm

WitchyWitch...

I LOVE...LOVE...LOVE the avatar. Witches are my favorite!!

Welcome aboard!

Hooch
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus

Cadaverino
Haunt Master

Post by Cadaverino » Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:53 am

Hello everyone. I just started posting here, although I registered last March. I am from Wisconsin (Milwaukee and Madison), and am currently a student at law school in Ohio. But in my heart, I live in the October Country. Autumn is my favorite time of year, and Halloween the greatest holiday. I don't think I could ever live in a place that didn't have crisp nights, full moons, and dry leaves rustling in the wind. A forum like Halloween.com allows us to share that love.

My user name is a tribute to Dr. Cadaverino, the host of Milwaukee television's Nightmare Theater when I was growing up.

:?: Now my question. I would love to add an avatar, and I have an image ready on my computer. It's a JPEG, 12 KB in size, but every time I try to upload it, nothing appears. Should the graphic be saved in a different file format?

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:08 am

Hey Cadaverino, I save my to a file on my pc titled pictures. Then if you go to your profile and scroll down you'll see avatar control panel there and I just did the browse thing, you'll see the button there, and browsed through my pictures I had saved. I did find that I have always had to resize them though, I just kept working on it until it accepted my pictures. Thats the best I can tell you, but maybe one of the other members has an easier method? good luck and I look forward to seeing your avatar

Cadaverino
Haunt Master

Post by Cadaverino » Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:12 am

Oh, I did all that. I keep uploading the graphic but it never shows up.

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:21 am

ok what exactly have you done, can you explain your process?

Cadaverino
Haunt Master

Post by Cadaverino » Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:05 am

On my "Profile" page at Halloween.com, next to the "Upload Avatar from your machine:", I click on the button "Upload file". A popup window shows a list of the files on the desktop of my computer (a Mac, by the way). I highlight my graphic file, and click the "Choose" button on the popup window, which then goes away. The name of my graphic file now appears next to the button "Upload file" on my "Profile" page, along with a generic mini-icon of a file. But about two inches northeast of it, under the label "Current Image", it's just a black area. When I click the button "Submit" at the bottom of my "Profile" page, still nothing appers in that area. And no avatar appears next to my posts when I post in the forums.

hauntmaster

Post by hauntmaster » Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:31 am

Hi and welcome to Halloween.com forum!

Calaverino, if you have problem for adding your avatar image on your profile, so I can help you. Please send PM me with your avatar image and the image url link, if necessary. I'll be more than glad adding the avatar on your own profile as quickly as I can!

Cadaverino wrote:Oh, I did all that. I keep uploading the graphic but it never shows up.

WitchyWitch
Zombie

Post by WitchyWitch » Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:47 pm

MHooch wrote:WitchyWitch...

I LOVE...LOVE...LOVE the avatar. Witches are my favorite!!

Welcome aboard!

Hooch
Thanks Hooch, I acutally saw one's I like MUCH better, but they don't fit!!!

hauntmaster

Post by hauntmaster » Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:20 pm

Hey everybody!

Please help Cadaverino how to add the avatar image on his/her own profile because he/she doesn't have the photo url link or anything like that... I was trying to do the best to help it, but I really can't do this because of the image difficult... Well, I already suggested him/her to choose the other avatar images by going visit http://www.hotavatars.com/showgallery.php

Anyways, if you do know where to suggest this newest member to get the best halloween or horror avatar images, then please help out right now along with website or any other homepage site. :wink:

tantraman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by tantraman » Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:40 pm

just use photobucket.com, you can upload a picture there and have a img] for it. it is really nice and it is free.
happy happy halloween silver shamrock.

Please check out our new horror movie blog check our the first post on our new horror movie blog https://horrormoviehallofflames.wordpress.com/

Cadaverino
Haunt Master

Post by Cadaverino » Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:22 pm

Just testing to see if my avatar works. I deposited a graphic file at Photobucket, and gave the URL to my profile at Halloween.com.

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:27 pm

Hey cadaverino, Yep, looks great! Cool avatar :D

hauntmaster

Post by hauntmaster » Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:48 pm

Great job man! :wink:

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:31 am

VERY interesting pic, Cadaverino!!! Nicely done!

angel222
Haunt Master

this is angel22 as angel 222

Post by angel222 » Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:21 pm

Hello everyone,
Its me angel 22, I had to register again because I couldn't not logged in.

So Now Im going as angel222.
hello