FOURTH OF JULY!

Discussion of general Halloween topics

What are you going to do on 4th of July?

Visit families and friends for cookout!
33%
Go see the fireworks!
33%
Have the party and booze!
17%
All of the Above!
17%

Total votes: 6

hauntmaster

FOURTH OF JULY!

Post by hauntmaster » Sun Jul 01, 2007 2:00 pm

I voted for AOTA! :wink:

I am going to spend my spare time with family for the cookout. Then I am going to spend some time with friends for dinner, and have a good party till midnight so we will start the fireworks in the backyard. 8)

MHooch
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by MHooch » Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:22 pm

I'm working, but hey, that's life in the ER!

Have a great 4th, everyone!
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus

hauntmaster

Post by hauntmaster » Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:58 pm

Ok, Mhooch, you mean you are the nurse in the emergency room? Correct me if I'm wrong?

MHooch wrote:I'm working, but hey, that's life in the ER!

Have a great 4th, everyone!

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:07 am

I think I am just going to spend some time with my family at a cookout. Since it is on a Wednesday this year I dont see a late night in my future. Have to be up bright and early on Thursday for work. Boss is out of town for the week so Im running the show
"Drink up me 'earties Yo Ho. Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me!"

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:15 am

Happy 4th of July to you all! :D We just finished our Canada Day on the 1st of July. We just stayed and home and spent time together, didn't go to the firework show this year which is fine with me :wink: time together is a much happier way for me to spend time with hubby before he leaves.

MammaHooch, you are more then welcome to message me on the 4th, you know that :wink: ANd what you do is far more important then any fireworks show :D

midnight kitty
Haunt Master

Post by midnight kitty » Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:06 am

gonna go to the town festival. it's held in the park right around the corner from my house so i don't have to worry about parking. actually i could probably charge to park at my house. my driveways, yes driveways, can hold 8 cars. hmmm 8 cars, $15 to park, $120. hehehe
anyway, it's gonna be nice, a little carnival, some local bands, a lot of food, and then fireworks that i could see from my backyard
trick or treat

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:54 pm

Rosie - that is clever!! Around here at the Kentucky Derby people charge HUNDREDS of dollars for parking in their yard/driveways.

Is the town festival only for the 4th or do they do something for other times of the year (like Halloween :wink: )
"Drink up me 'earties Yo Ho. Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me!"

hauntmaster

Post by hauntmaster » Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:13 pm

For me, I'm going to have a good cheeseburger and chips for family cookout at lunchtime! Maybe a good hot dog with mustard, chili, and onions!

And, for dinner, I have to eat T-Bone steak with baked potato and macaroni salad and cool iced sweetened lemon tea myself with friends at their place! Well, when the time is 12:00AM sharp, we will start the greatest fireworks!!! :wink:

Winnie Sanderson
Master Reaper

Post by Winnie Sanderson » Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:28 am

We are going to grill out here.....I may try to take my son to see the fireworks this year. He has sound sensitivities, but he seems to be much better able to cope lately with loud sounds. If not we'll watch them on TV like years past. I love fireworks!

midnight kitty
Haunt Master

Post by midnight kitty » Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:50 am

Rosie - that is clever!! Around here at the Kentucky Derby people charge HUNDREDS of dollars for parking in their yard/driveways.

Is the town festival only for the 4th or do they do something for other times of the year (like Halloween )

unfortunately it's only for the 4th :cry:
but that would be SSSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOO awesome to have 1 for halloween. it would never go through. we have to be respectful :roll: to the people here that don't celebrate halloween :evil:
trick or treat

LawP
Haunt Master

Post by LawP » Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:02 pm

I'll be by my little lonesome on the 4th. Hubby working his 24 hours at the fire station, kids and in-laws visiting family in Kansas, and of course, my Connecticut family is too far away to BBQ with. :cry: I may invite some friends to come over and swim...or clean bathrooms...what would YOU choose??? :shock:
Don't drink and fly...

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:38 pm

LawP, Being by yourself can be awesome! :D Well I guess it may be because I enjoy being by myself 99.5% of the time. Except my babies, they keep my company, and hubby when he's home for a few days.
Um, between the two choices,um, it would depend, if its chlorinated water or not, if it is, then show me to the washrooms :D if itf fresh water then I'll take a dip, then show me to the washroom :lol: I really love cleaning, and not much into swimming, so I guess in this regard I'm pretty easy going :wink: :D

You couldn't BBQ here unless you were into Mosquito Burgers, they are so bad here cause of that whole flooding issue we had and the high waters. They are going to have to spray.

LawP
Haunt Master

Post by LawP » Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:52 pm

The skeeters aren't too shabby out this way either. I enjoy being alone too - with two teenagers I don't often get the opportunity - but I love cooking for a crowd on holidays so that's the bummer part. Not too many lakes out here in a land-locked state but I do enjoy my pool. DOD, you ENJOY??? cleaning??? :shock: I can get into it sometimes but cleaning bathrooms is definitely my least favorite activity. I wish you weren't so far away...I could have hired you :D or bribed you with some Halloween decor??? :twisted: I may go to the firehouse and have ribs with the boys - picture it....LawP in a fire station with three handsome men. :wink: I think the bathrooms can wait. :D
Don't drink and fly...

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:29 pm

Yes, HM, I am a nurse in the ER :)

LawP: definitely go for the ribs over the bathrooms!
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus

hauntmaster

Post by hauntmaster » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:10 pm

MH, I'm so sorry that you have to work on 4th of July! Well, just like all cops, firemen, paramedics, etc. have to work on all holidays! :wink:

I believe you get some holidays off, am I right?