Dittomist
Crypt Keeper
What is the highest number?: 9

Pumpkin Cinema: The Best Movies for Halloween ( new book)

Post by Dittomist » Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:32 pm

Hey boils and ghouls, if you are looking for a wide variety of Halloween movies, TV episodes, and short films to watch this October, then hopefully my new book will help. It's called Pumpkin Cinema: The Best Movies for Halloween and it comes out next Tuesday. I did my best to sustain my Halloween spirit for two straight years, pretending every day was Halloween so I could see which films gave out the most appropriate vibes.

Some of the films I wrote about in the book are Trick 'R Treat, Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein, Fright Night (original of course), Something Wicked This Way Comes, Arsenic and Old Lace, The Halloween Tree, Return of the Living Dead, The Exorcist, Creepshow, Daffy Duck's Quackbusters, Idle Hands, Monster House, Night of the Demons, Suspiria, Satan's Little Helper, Hocus Pocus, etc. Hopefully I didn't leave out any of your favorite Halloween movies and shows!

And I had to give you guys a shout-out in the introduction because it's been such a pleasure to come on this site and talk about Halloween any day of the year :) Happy October!!! http://www.amazon.com/Pumpkin-Cinema-Be ... 0764347233
Attachments
pumpkin cinema cover3.jpg
pumpkin cinema cover3.jpg (24.15 KiB) Viewed 11112 times

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: Pumpkin Cinema: The Best Movies for Halloween ( new book

Post by Murfreesboro » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:16 am

Great focus for a holiday book!

Dittomist
Crypt Keeper
What is the highest number?: 9

Re: Pumpkin Cinema: The Best Movies for Halloween ( new book

Post by Dittomist » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:13 pm

Thank you!
Writing the book led me to several Halloween movies that I had never heard of, like The Midnight Hour and Cemetery of Terror, two horror films from 1985 that take place on Halloween and that really deserve more recognition. I was also introduced to many amazing short animated films like Scaredy Cats and Spooky Bats: A Halloween Tale and Pumpkin Moon that I will surely watch every year alongside classics like Garfield's Halloween Adventure and It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown.