How do you determine...

Non-Halloween related stuff. Same rules: family oriented, no flaming, be nice. ;-)
MauEvig
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

How do you determine...

Post by MauEvig » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:11 pm

...how much to sell your paintings?

I started doing some painting and I'm planning an etsy shop. I made the account and everything I just don't have the products ready. I do have a couple paintings made though that I plan to sell. I'm not sure how much to sell them for though.

One of them is kind of a moonlit woods scene and the other one is a wintery forest cabin scene.

They look kind of like this:

http://i636.photobucket.com/albums/uu89 ... db6d09.jpg

http://i636.photobucket.com/albums/uu89 ... a5426c.jpg
Nocturnal Purr-Fection

witchy
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Re: How do you determine...

Post by witchy » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:21 am

It depends on size and are they framed or not.

I did craft shows for about 5 years, sometimes I did awesome sometimes not, for a couple of years I made 18 inch witches and sold them for $25.00 each, the first year I made 25 of them and sold out, the following year I sold 1500 of them and sold out too, that was my best year ever!!

MauEvig
Halloween Master

Post by MauEvig » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:17 pm

They are 8x10, and while they aren't framed do you think framing them would increase the value? How do you frame them and where do you get the framing?

I do want to participate in craft shows eventually, and I heard presentation of the product as well as packaging is everything.

I appreciate the advice. :) I was told about $50 a pop by a friend, but I don't want to over charge, or under charge the worth of my paintings.

Those little witches sound really cool. :) Sounds like you made quite a profit off them. I'd like to make some Halloween stuff, but I want to focus on Christmas right now since I want to be ahead of the holiday seasons. If I'm still doing this next year and am successful, I'll probably want to start the Halloween stuff as early as August.

I'm also planning to make earrings and Christmas cards. I just need to get into better practice with the polymer clay since it has the consistency of chewed gum haha! As for the cards, I want to practice some calligraphy to give it a nice old-timey look to it and include an individual Christmasy painting.

I'm doing this because not only do I need the money, but I want to make the money doing something I love to do. I've always loved arts and crafts type things. Too bad I don't know how to sew though. lol.
Nocturnal Purr-Fection

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:55 pm

How about putting some on ebay? See what people are willing to pay/

MauEvig
Halloween Master

Post by MauEvig » Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:00 pm

I could. I believe there are listing fees though. Maybe if I browsed around a bit on etsy and ebay I could get a good feel for how much people are charging theirs.
Nocturnal Purr-Fection