Chat and a movie?

Talk about television shows, movies, music and more!
NeverMore
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Chat and a movie?

Post by NeverMore » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:49 pm

Let's make fun of our favorite movies, and each other. I tried adding movies people are both familiar with... and unfamiliar with, based on how little chatter I see about them. You may notice each list has somewhat of a theme.

Here are the three channels...

Samhain                              Halloween                              Hallows-Eve
Image Image Image

While the chat appears to work with any platform, the video only works with the Firefox and Chrome browsers, newer ones I presume. No iPad or Internet Explorer for sure. Sort of defeats the purpose not being able to see the video? I simply don't have time to work out the bugs. Anyone knows how to get google doc videos working with IE and iOS, let me know. Don't know about Andriod, though you have to assume... since they are Google.

Note: When you first go to the moviechat, the video may not work, try refreshing the page.

You can watch the movie without joining the chat, even go fullscreen, but you can't view the playlist. The playlist has the video length in case you want to work out when the movie you want will be playing so you can come back later.

Note: If the playlist doesn't show up when you join chat try clicking the little link icon to the right. Click it again to get rid of the resulting pop-up. (I only tested this in Chrome)

IMPORTANT INFO BELOW:

Next to the link button, you'll see a >| button. If you join chat, and you are the only person there, this will give you the ability to move to the next video. Even if there are two people in chat it may work. This may result in knockem-dropem fight though. Something like trying to get the remote off of Kolchak.

The more people who join chat, the more people have to click that button to move to another video, so you may have to be very persuasive if you want to get to your choice. I'm easy, bribe me with beer.

Want to know more? Check out the CyTube User Guide, specifically User Settings and Chat Commands. Above all, these videos could go down at any time... so fire up your coffee pot and tape your eyes open... enjoy the show.

And remember..."Stay clear of the moors." and "Beware the moon lads."

PS: I am currently resetting the playlists back to the beginning. Post here when you are entering a channel and I'll try to join you. I don't know what happens when it gets to the end of a playlist. I assume it cycles back to the beginning?

witchy
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Re: Chat and a movie?

Post by witchy » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:36 am

This is great NeverMore, thanks!!!

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:00 pm

I see you watched Monster Squad. That's such a neat movie. I'm currently watching 'Return to Halloweentown'. Charlie Brown is due up. I'm trying to watch them in order but it's hard not to skip.

Next time you go in, watch the 'Halloween Junky Orchestra' music video. I can't get that dang song out of my head! Awesome video though.

witchy
Halloween Master

Post by witchy » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:32 pm

It doesn't work anymore :(, what happened?

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:03 am

Google is being a pain. Can't share video over 60 minutes. I'm going to have to split them in half. Hopefully find time before next season.

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:32 am

Just went into the chat, specifically http://cytu.be/r/Halloween, and some of the videos were working again. Maybe Google relaxed some of their rules? There was actually someone else there. Stumbled upon it I guess. We watched Under Wraps. That Harold... he so silly.

witchy
Halloween Master

Post by witchy » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:41 am

I'm at work today, will have to check it out when I get home. Thanks!!!! :)

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:39 pm

Tales of Halloween is going live at 7:00 west/10:00 east time in the Hallows-Eve channel. I'll be there watching it for the first time. If you miss it you can wait for it to come around again, or try to advance the movies. You need to refresh the screen each time you hit next. If there's someone else present you'll all have to agree to advance. I'll keep it up as long as the video is available.

Samhain                                      Halloween                                     Hallows-Eve
Image  Image  Image