what are your favorite movies to watch on halloween?

Discussion of general Halloween topics
midnight kitty
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by midnight kitty » Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:56 am

halloweentown 4, i think it's called return to halloweentown wasn't that good. it's about marnie and her brother (i'm having a brain lock, can't remember the brother's name) go to college in halloweentown. it wasn't that good. kimberly brown was replaced as marnie and the new girl didn't do a very good job. but it is a halloweentown movie and if you're a fan of the series, then you have to watch it out of loyalty
trick or treat

uncletor
Halloween Master

Post by uncletor » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:26 pm

Okay, SINISTER CINEMA is the LEADING source of all things horror film and vintage. They used to sell trailer tapes of ALL the great horror flicks..now about 15 years ago, a CANADIAN arm of the company tried a go of it, and released SIX one hour trailer tapes. You can still get them on ebay if you look hard enough. They are great for a party and come in a dynamite box design.
The VAL LEWTON set is another must have, either individually or collectively. (Can you tell that Hooch and I come from the same vintage loving era???) They guys use noise, darkness, sudden movement and lots and lots of suspense to make their scares. Very eerie. Very dark. One of Lewtons' directors Robert Wise, went on to make THE HAUNTING. (first version only...black and white)
Some more you just have to see:
CARNIVAL OF SOULS. Get the COMPLETE version and the FIRST version...Wes Craven should have been run out of town for the remake.
BLACK SUNDAY (stars Barbara Steele, NOT Bruce Dern)
BLACK SABBATH before there was Ozzy, there was this movie they took the name from...three stories that stil pack a whallop.
PLAN NINE FROM OUTER SPACE. The one. The only.
Future events such as these will effect you in the future

JACKRYAN592
Haunt Master

Post by JACKRYAN592 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:27 am

OF COURSE , HALLOWEEN

tantraman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by tantraman » Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:19 am

my likst changes every year. I am putting black christmas in there now and Halloween 3
happy happy halloween silver shamrock.

Please check out our new horror movie blog check our the first post on our new horror movie blog https://horrormoviehallofflames.wordpress.com/

halloweenqueen
Haunt Master

Post by halloweenqueen » Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:51 am

Halloweentown! I love those movies! My daughter loves them too and watches them year-round! 1 is just called Halloweentown; 2 - Kalabar's Revenge; 3 - Halloweentown High; 4 - Return to Halloweentown. The 4th just came out last Halloween Season. It's when Marney (the main character) goes to college (Witch University) in Halloweentown. They are all good movies but I do like the 1st one the best! I love that this movie was brought up! It's really a great Halloween movie that you can enjoy with the whole family.

My favorite Halloween movie is Nightmare Before Christmas though! I just absolutely adore Jack! I play the PS2 game too!

I also enjoy watching the oldie but goodies though, Halloween, Friday the 13th, Dracula, Frankenstein, etc. I haven't seen a movie listed yet that I dont like! :D

tantraman
Halloween Master

Post by tantraman » Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:47 pm

wow I did not know there were four of them I have the first two. is three and four good?

Please check out our new horror movie blog check our the first post on our new horror movie blog https://horrormoviehallofflames.wordpress.com/

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:02 pm

I can't wait for my Halloweentown 1&2 to get here. :D It's been just over a week since they were ordered in. I will see how much I like the 1st two before I decide if I want 3 & 4. Plus I heard that 3 & 4 aren't very good :( Does anyone else feel that they were good or bad?

Big_Guh
Haunt Master

Post by Big_Guh » Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:32 pm

I know you'll like the first one. I haven't seen the rest. I usually stick with the Halloweens, and for some reason I love the original Children of the Corn flick.

halloweenqueen
Haunt Master

Post by halloweenqueen » Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:53 pm

Yikes! :shock: Big_Guh!!! Children of the Corn???? LOL!!! I haven't seen that movie in years! That is by far the creepiest movie in my opinion!!! Very eerie and unsettling!

uncletor
Halloween Master

Post by uncletor » Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:18 am

True story...my Baby Sister drops off the kid for Grampa to ride herd on one day. This is back in the late 80's/early 90's....he decides to RENT A MOVIE..so he gets what he KNOWS will be a GOOD kids movie..but WHICH one?? well, he had seen STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE. ChERRY MERRY MUFFIN, was just TOO cute..RAINBOW BRITE and MY LITTLE PONY didn't DO it for him..and Sis PROHIBITED him from renting those NASTY Warner Bros cartoons...so he got that new one..CHILDREN OF THE CORN. My neice's hair, I am told, stood up like Don King..
Future events such as these will effect you in the future

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:05 pm

Uncletor, That's too funny, thanks for the chuckles :lol:

tantraman
Halloween Master

Post by tantraman » Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:34 pm

Spooky wrote:Friday the 13th- part 1,2,3
Halloween-part 1-2
Halloween 3-Season of the Witch
Silent Scream
He Knows Your Alone
Prom Night
The Fog
Witchboard
Fright Night
The Lost Boys
Poltergeist
Carrie
Slumber Party Massacre
The House on Sorority Row
Cujo
The Stepfather
Curse 2-The Bite
The Amityville Horror (The original)
The Omen (The original)
When a Stranger Calls
Terror in the Aisles

The 80's and late 70's, were the best time for horror movies, stay away from anything past 1989 and you'll do good. :wink:
we have alot in common with movies,

MyersFan1
Halloween Master

Post by MyersFan1 » Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:48 pm

All the Halloween movies....im crazy about those as you can tell by my name and avatar lol. and i just LOVE all the classics on monsterfest on AMC. Im also a big F13, but i dont just watch the flicks around Halloween, I watch them all the time. :lol:

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Re: what are your favorite movies to watch on halloween?

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:53 pm

Now here's an old thread that many of us enjoyed last year. I'd love to see what the new members are into, enjoy! :)

Halloween4Ever
Zombie

Re: what are your favorite movies to watch on halloween?

Post by Halloween4Ever » Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:21 pm

They're so many but i'll name a few that pop into my head first:
any of the Halloween movies, (yes even part 3), Halloweentown 1 & 2, most vampire movies, the howling series, any of the subspecies series, Phantasm series and many others to numerous to mention.