Chat about your costumes
Dr Strange

Costume Ideas

Post by Dr Strange » Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:27 pm

I know nobody asked, but here's what I'm thinking about this year;

- Thor, Marvel's god of thunder;
- Mr. Hyde;
- Dr. Strange (oddly enough);
- Sammy Terry (horror host I used to watch as a kid)

Of course it all depends on what my wife and I can couple up with. She could be a viking girl, Mary Reilly, Scarlet Witch, or Go-Go ghoul girl respectively, to compliment the ideas we're deciding on.

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:44 pm

hey People, Ok for the main part of my costume, you can view the outfit I'm wishing to purchase at the Fright Catalog under costumes, It's called "Gothic Vampira Costume" If anyone knows where I can purchase this at a more affordable price then they have at $129.99 USD I think it was, "PLEASE" let me know, thanks so much. I still have everything to purchase, the wings alone look like they are going to be costly esp. with dollar conversion "which is awesome right now" but its the shipping thats gone up soooooooooo much, and yes I have to convert that also, so when you do the total conversion it gets expensive! :cry:

hauntmaster

Post by hauntmaster » Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:29 pm

I think I am going to dress up in costume as Ghostface, you know? From SCREAM movies!

And also, I REALLY wanted to be Grim the Reaper myself! :wink:

Wicked
Crypt Keeper

Post by Wicked » Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:21 pm

DOD- I'm pretty sure both amazon.com and costumecraze.com have your costume for $99- not much cheaper, but better. Lemme get you a link...

http://www.costumecraze.com/vmpr20.html ... d3e65fdcec

Hauntmaster- woo! Ghostface! My best childhood friend had that costume one year, and he had a special squeezy pump thing in his hand and when you squeezed it, fake blood came through holes in the mouth area. Ah, what memories!

I've decided to go TOT'ing (I'm 14, so I can still pull it off) as Aphrodite this year. She's my favorite mythical character and I've always sort of wanted to be her... so this will be double the fun! I'm making it entirely by hand- tomorrow I'm going out to my local fabric store and getting either light pink, light blue, or light purple gossamer-ish fabric to pin toga-style, using an antique silver brooch of mom's. Then, I'm gonna use some sparkly silver cord to define the waist of the dress. Finally, I'll use some silver accent fabric to create a trim going diagonally accross the chest and on the sleeve hems, stitching silver beads along the bottom hem, lastly adding an inch layer of silver fabric under the hem, peeking out, if you can imagine it. It'll be cut at the knee so as not to trip on the train in the dark (and to show a little leg!). Topping it all off with a snaking silver armband, three matching anklets (two on one leg, one on the other), strappy sandals, and a headpiece. Thank goodness I'm starting so early
:oops:
~ do you think me wicked? ~

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:14 pm

Hey Wicked, wow thanks for the heads up, I'll go and check out those sites. Wow you're costume sounds like it will be so awesome, you're very lucky to be able to sew, one talent I really wish I had. You'll have to post pictures of it after halloween :D

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:52 am

Hey, Wicked, I hope for your sake that it's woarm where you're at, that time of year.

Either way, I'm sure we'd all love to see some pics!!!

saintcloudgirl
Ghost

Referee very popular

Post by saintcloudgirl » Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:01 pm

I see that the referee costume is cute, and popular this year. I see someone posted that they might do the Egyptian them haunted house? We did one of our make up tutorials with awesome make up. Check out our model before and after.
beautycast.biz
Halloween make up tutorials.

jadewik
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by jadewik » Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:49 am

My husband and I had to change our theme this year due to stupid testing circumstances (why they schedule the Fundamentals of Engineering test the last Saturday in October, I'll never know.) ... we'd been planning on being leprechauns since about November last year... I'd even invested a bit into the costume... but things changed and, there was no way I'd go through with the more detailed plans we'd made for our theme with that test. It was too detailed and I don't have the time to both study and play *sad face*

Since it was his turn to decide what we'd do.... I pestered him 'till my husband decided upon Persians.... and we've already bought our fabric for costumes and started cutting. (I make my own costumes)

... so he's going to be the "Prince of Persia" and I'm going to be a Persian/gypsy/fortuneteller-ish person. I'm more excited than I'm letting on (I really had a hard time getting excited about the little green men).

... other themes we'd pondered:
Alice in Wonderland
VooDoo
Mad Scientists
Pirates (we both feel it's too soon because of the movie hype)

Last year, I was a witch and my husband was an undertaker. It was grand fun!

saintcloudgirl
Ghost

Post by saintcloudgirl » Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:33 am

Hi Jadewik, love your ideas for Halloween! We would love to see pics. I was the Pink Pirate last year. We were on a cruise for our honeymoon and it was Halloween, and I was pleasantly surprised at how many people took their costumes on the cruise. We wanted to be married on Halloween but it couldnt be done with the dates of the cruise, so our anniversary is Oct, 28th. We reckon we could have a killer of a party each anniversary!!

Hey good things happening with our DVD. Sales are tumbling in!! Yeah!! Since we put the promo on you tube we have had some great comments and a lot of interest. Anyone out there who knows a Halloween distributor that might want to sell the DVDs let me know. I would appreciate it.
beautycast.biz

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:39 am

jadewick, love your costume ideas, they all sound wonderful. I'm hoping to be some kind of "Queen of The Bats" but haven't decided just how to put it all together. I don't sew, when a needle and thread see me they run away :lol: so I either get it made by friends who do or I buy different parts of stuff to put what I want to be together.

saintcloudgirl
Ghost

Post by saintcloudgirl » Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:41 am

Queen of the Bats sounds awesome!! I like that. I am not good at sewing so I have to depend on a costume store!
beautycast.biz

Dr Strange

Post by Dr Strange » Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:25 am

Those are all really great ideas. I don't know anyone who dresses up in such imaginative ways. My wife likes couple costumes but I am dead set against going as cute inanimate objects (salt and pepper shakers, dice, etc). And she is not into creepy costumes as I am; we stay away from truly scary because of the kids.

I had posted earlier in the summer some ideas but they have all gone by the wayside in talking with my lovely wife. Since buying the Freddy glove I am of course considering going as Freddy (pre-burned alive face) and have my wife be Nancy, even though that wouldn't make sense chronologically to the movie. That way she can just wear pj's and be comfortable.

But I do have a great werewolf mask she bought me years ago and we have never gone as the big bad wolf and red riding hood. That way all I have to get is a man-sized woman's moo-moo/night gown thing for me and she can be all sexed up as red. Now that I think about it maybe that's not such a bad idea. :shock:

Here's what the mask looks like.
Last edited by Dr Strange on Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

saintcloudgirl
Ghost

Post by saintcloudgirl » Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:58 am

Someone out there with the same thinking as my husband!! His costume can be nice and easy and comfy, but mine should be hot and sexy!!
beautycast.biz

Dr Strange

Post by Dr Strange » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:50 am

That's all I'm saying! You spend the whole night building up that tension and frustration and then after the party is done you see what treats Red Riding Hood really has in her basket!!!

SHAZAM!

It's like craming a month of looking at all those wrapped presents under the Christmas tree and wondering what's inside into one night, it's a win-win!

jadewik
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by jadewik » Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:10 am

Dr Strange wrote: You spend the whole night building up that tension and frustration and then after the party is done you see what treats Red Riding Hood really has in her basket!!!
Haha! That's a delicious way of looking at things. =)

... for those of you who requested photos... I have them posted all over the place. (I went nuts last night)... you'll just have to hunt them down *wink*

I love this place. There are tons of great ideas!