Styrofoam Pumpkins?

What crafts are fun for the holiday season?
One Eye'd Jack

Styrofoam Pumpkins?

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Wed May 09, 2007 3:15 pm

Every year, Michaels has these Styrofoam type pumkins... You know, the ones that you can carve and keep year after year.
I can't seem to find them anywhere. Does anyone know what they're really called and where I can find them, NOW?

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Wed May 09, 2007 3:28 pm

Oh, wait... I think I've found something...
http://www.grandinroad.com/jump.jsp?&it ... &k=ZZ50882

Now does anyone know where I can find them CHEAPER? :P

William
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by William » Thu May 10, 2007 12:05 am

Well try a local store, or search on google for one that sells in your town , those pumpikns are super cool :)
Halloween is coming,be sure to be dead until then, if not all hallows eve will take care

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:01 pm

Michael's has them right - did you see them there? Are the decently priced? I bet garden ridge will also carry them if you have one around
"Drink up me 'earties Yo Ho. Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me!"

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:53 pm

The brand name is Funkins, and Michael's has them now, at least in our town.
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus

WannaBeWitchy
Vampire

Post by WannaBeWitchy » Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:26 pm

***Funkin's *** How fun does that sound !! I have never even seen or heard of them befor. My craft store here is on the sparce side. Wish we have on of the Michaels stores !! hoo hummm

Tidytourniquet
Crypt Keeper

Post by Tidytourniquet » Sat Sep 29, 2007 3:06 pm

I just did a google search to find out more about them and a site came up that lists stores that carry them. http://www.funkins.com/TheFunkinPatch/

I B Howlin' Wolfman
Halloween Master

Post by I B Howlin' Wolfman » Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:42 pm

There used to be these great pumpkin carving pattern books. These would be great to use with Funkins, as you would actually be able to save the carvings from year to year. Buy a book and a few funkins, and carve the best out of the book(s). In a few years, you can amass quite a collection of favorites.

I think a regular pumpkin carving kit, (tiny saws,) are great for carving them. But the foam crumbs are a mess. The particles can be blown about and their itchey if they get into your skivies, and hurt like the dickins if they get into your eyes. Another project, best done outdoors.

Oh, yeah... The "storage" thing. I got five of the pre-carved types, and storing them is a pain. I should keep them up there on top of the kitchen cabinets all year. Because their out of the storage closet, and their out of the way where they are.

Usually I keep something Halloween out of storage. Maybe this year, the pumpkins can make the year-round appearance.
-26 Days }'-{1}
My website Link ^