Halloween Redoux

Discussion of general Halloween topics
NeverMore
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Halloween Redoux

Post by NeverMore » Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:27 am

2 week anniversary since Halloween. Anyone else celebrating?

I probably wouldn't be but I went hunting tonight for some more pumpkin beer and ended up with a particularly nasty one. See the beer log on this forum. So I find myself viewing different Halloween sites on my four monitors (four?) while listening to Halloween themed music on Y-tube.

Current playlist...

BTW: Speaking of "Come Little Children", did you know?

How many more days till Halloween?

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Re: Halloween Redoux

Post by Murfreesboro » Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:05 am

If I'd ever read that Poe poem, I'd forgotten it. That is creepy!

As for celebrating Halloween last night, I was freezing at a high school play-off game. I mean, really freezing. Temps in the 20s. My daughter was having fun in the stands (even though her toes looked to be in the first stages of frostbite when we got home), but I hid out in the women's bathroom the whole second half because it was warm.

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:45 am

What is this 'cold' you speak of? Isd... darn! It's so hard to type when you still have sunscreen on you fingers. Is this 'cold' concept what happens when temperatures drop below 65? I don't believe such a thing exists, just like that 'rain' people speak of.

Andybev01
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Andybev01 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:32 pm

Thank you, Nevermore.

The only Poe-m I have read was The Bells, which drove me nuts just reading it.

We are experiencing cold too, with temperatures hovering around 70 this week.
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

Andybev01
Halloween Master

Post by Andybev01 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:14 pm

Day 15: the natives haven't noticed and in fact, have accepted me as one of their own.
Attachments
1115141507_20141115150955262.jpg
1115141507_20141115150955262.jpg (90.11 KiB) Viewed 11883 times
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

MauEvig
Halloween Master

Post by MauEvig » Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:06 pm

looks like that ghost has infiltrated the snowmen! But he can stay out, he's got a cat. :)

Just put a little Santa hat on him and he'll be fine. You can turn anything into a Christmas decorating by adorning a Santa hat. :lol:
Nocturnal Purr-Fection

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:59 am

You West Coasters can poke fun at us all you like. I actually enjoy the winter, although I don't think I'd like it if I lived somewhere with truly brutal winters. But I like my four seasons, thank you very much.

Mau, you are right about a Santa cap--it converts everything into Christmas!

Boogeyman
Halloween Master

Post by Boogeyman » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:28 pm

I love winter. I know I will have a hard time getting in to the spirit of the holidays because of the temporary job I have right now. But having snow on the ground does help. We have had snow on the ground since last Thursday. My birthday was on Saturday and it has been quite some time before there was any snow on the ground on my birthday.
There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root.

Henry David Thoreau

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:29 am

Happy belated birthday, Boogeyman! I hope you get a permanent job soon, but don't let the temp position dampen your enjoyment of the holidays. There is so much to enjoy about Christmas that doesn't require money, really. As I've gotten older, I enjoy almost everything about it more than I do the presents.

johnsoneliza52
Haunt Master

Post by johnsoneliza52 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:23 pm

Happy belated birthday!!

I'm still enjoying Halloween..everything is put away for the most part, and Christmas is
creeping in..but I find that it is still creeping into the conversations here and there.
Husband is feeling like we dropped the ball this year, and is already talking about next year!!

Boogeyman
Halloween Master

Post by Boogeyman » Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:34 am

Thanks for the belated wishes. I agree with you Murf regarding Christmas. Last year, my stepdad was in a nursing home. I kept urging him to come home on Christmas day. He wasn't sure that he wanted to because it is more involved that just getting in the car and driving there since he was in a wheelchair. He did come home for the day. And it was the best Christmas. There were no gifts and the focus on being with the ones you love.

He died in June, so this will be the first season since, making it tough. Also I already know I will be working on Thanksgiving, so I probably won't do anything else. By the end of my shift, I can barely walk and have lower back pain. So, I will probably come home and rest before going in on Friday.

I just have to survive until February because that is when the call center will open. I might be dead by then though. I have fallen twice and have dropped a skid on my big toe. Due to my cleft lip and palate, my balance isn't always perfect. And it doesn't help when I am exhausted and there is a maze of skids to walk around.

I hope everyone has a very happy Thanksgiving and remembers the real meaning behind the day.
There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root.

Henry David Thoreau

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:25 am

Hang in there, Boogeyman! Better days are coming.

Boogeyman
Halloween Master

Post by Boogeyman » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:12 am

If things weren't bad enough already, I had a car accident last night on the way home from work. I spun around a few times and hit the railing as I was getting on the expressway. There is minor structural damage and my car is still driveable. But the last thing is another thing to be depressed about.

I am beginning to wonder what the point is anymore.

Henry David Thoreau

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:33 am

Oh my, I had a spin-out accident a number of years ago--so scary!

Boogeyman, don't lose heart. You are probably going to be somewhat depressed this holiday season, since it is the first after you lost your stepdad, but just remember that the passing of time does have a way of softening the grief we feel over loved ones we have lost. I hope you can remember some happy times and smile. And then you have your new job to look forward to in the late winter/early spring. Things will brighten for you then. You will probably even change and perhaps enlarge your social contacts because of it.

Boogeyman
Halloween Master

Post by Boogeyman » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:08 am

The weird thing is that this accident was four days after my birthday. The last one, about four years ago, was two days after my birthday. Maybe my birthday is a bad omen. :-|

Henry David Thoreau