How is everyone?!?

Discussion of general Halloween topics
vrb8919
Crypt Keeper
What is the highest number?: 10992

How is everyone?!?

Post by vrb8919 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:46 am

Haven't seen a whole lot of traffic here, not uncommon for this time of year though. Hope 2015 has been going well for everyone. I can't believe it's been about 100 days since Halloween ended! Crazy to think we'll start seeing autumn/Halloween decor pop up in roughly six short months. Hope everyone enjoys the rest of their winter, and hope you guys have a great spring and summer season this year!

Andybev01
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Re: How is everyone?!?

Post by Andybev01 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:59 pm

I'm well, thank you.

Its 10 am and already 70 outside here in northern California.

So very wrong but I will bear this cross.
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

vrb8919
Crypt Keeper

Post by vrb8919 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:00 am

Geez Andy, must be nice!

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:33 am

:lol:

I'm doing OK, just very busy. Got a daughter who is a high school senior, trying to help her finish out high school successfully, and sitting on pins & needles waiting to learn what her next chapter is going to be.

We had a water heater burst in a condo we own (not where we live) and are having to deal with massive flooding in that unit--which means I am having to deal with it, since my husband is at work all day, every day.

We are chronically short on money and my husband is wondering when I am going to find some type of job and help him in that way. I am wondering who is going to do all the other stuff I do if I get a job that takes me away from the house.

Same old same old.

witchy
Halloween Master

Post by witchy » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:34 am

I'm doing pretty good other than back problems right now. :(

Murf, sorry to hear about the water heater, what a mess!!
I'm kinda in the came boat about going back to work, I will be starting back to work in August and kind of dreading how the house will hold up without me, but it's too good of a job to pass up, my hubby's not to thrilled either, but like I said it's an awesome job and the pay is amazing too. Wish me luck!! :wink:
My youngest daughter just started collage in August last year and love it, I'm sure your daughter will too.

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:05 am

I hope so. She was accepted to Sewanee last week, which makes us happy, although she has many other applications out, so we don't yet know what she will choose. And the financial aid offers haven't come out yet, either, which will play a big role in where she goes.

Kolchak
Halloween Master

Post by Kolchak » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:48 pm

Murfreesboro wrote:I hope so. She was accepted to Sewanee last week, which makes us happy, although she has many other applications out, so we don't yet know what she will choose. And the financial aid offers haven't come out yet, either, which will play a big role in where she goes.
Sewanee or as some say the University of the South! Gorgeous campus! Mont Eagle/Sewanee is a great location! I think your daughter would like it there. Great traditions and a really good liberal arts school. I have several friends who graduated from there, they loved it too.....and truth be told.......I lined up against the Tigers my freshman, sophomore and junior year. I was a Lion! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:12 am

I think her first choice is Vandy, from which so far she has heard nothing. But her dad, a Vandy grad, would rather see her at Sewanee.

She got a scholarship offer from there (Sewanee) a couple of days back. It was nice, but nowhere near enough to cover the price of a year there, so we are still waiting to hear about the need-based aid. You are right about the campus being gorgeous. All the young kids say it reminds them of Hogwarts.

She is heading to Duke this weekend, but not technically for a college visit (although she did apply to Duke as well). But she is President of the Model U.N.club at her high school, which she founded, and they are having a regional conference at Duke, so off she goes.

Andybev01
Halloween Master

Post by Andybev01 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:23 pm

I'm awesome.
Went to the beach this morning.
Attachments
pescadero beach Valentine's 2015.jpg
pescadero beach Valentine's 2015.jpg (230.75 KiB) Viewed 10312 times
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

witchy
Halloween Master

Post by witchy » Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:56 pm

Love the picture Andy, I think I would love it out there, all the warm weather and the beach!!

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:44 am

That is a gorgeous picture, Andy!