which HP party should i go to

Discussion of general Halloween topics
midnight kitty
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

which HP party should i go to

Post by midnight kitty » Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:22 pm

ok, so on the 19th the local library's having an hp party. games and stuff, kids come in costume. it'll be a small but cute party
on the 20th the borders in allentown pa (i live 45 min away) is having a huge blow out. dj, games, costume contest, book release, the works.
now they're both at night and i'd have to leave work early, so i could only go to 1 of them. the 1 at the library is close by, but obviously no book. the 1 in allentown soumds way better, but it's later at night and i won't be able to stay for it all, plus i already ordered my copy back in feb.
any advice or suggestions?
trick or treat

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:06 pm

I personally vote for the borders one. You would hate to miss out on a big party and wish you had gone to it. But if it seems to hard to fit in your schedule at least you would be able to enjoy the small one close by.

Let us know what you decide and be sure to post pictures and tell us all about it. Are you going to dress up?
"Drink up me 'earties Yo Ho. Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me!"

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:09 am

OK, here's my 2 cents worth:

Go to the Borders party, definitely! Wear your costume, participate in every game,contest or activity that they have available. Talk with all the other HP geeks and freaks, speculate on the surprises in the story until... magically, it's midnight, and you get your book, wander home, sit down and BEGIN READING.

That's what I'm doin' only at a Barnes and Noble. Went to their last Potter Book Party, and had more fun than a 52 year old girl ought to have in one evening. There were trivia contests, face painting, wand building, the movies were playing in electronics, there was the sorting Hat, all the staff dressed as characters, some adults but mostly children in costume. Of course the famous Madam Hooch was there, and what a fine time she had! The plan is to go, stay til midnight, get our books (one for me, one for the hubby) go home and BEGIN READING! Several friends of mine are coming in costume, and it will be AWESOME!

So: got a lot of info for 2cents, didn't ya!
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus

hauntmaster

Post by hauntmaster » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:58 pm

Y'all chatting about Harry Potter? Well, I saw the post at the Waldens Book store that HP book is coming this Friday.

midnight kitty
Haunt Master

Post by midnight kitty » Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:28 pm

don't tease!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P
trick or treat

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:40 am

That's easy! go to the BEST one! :D

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:42 am

I support MammaHooch on that one Rosie, the Borders 100%! You go girl!

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:17 pm

Rosie - it is almost the 19th have you decided what you are going to do yet?

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:39 am

I cannot wait to get my hands on that book. :shock: I am going to read until I'm finished, or until my eyes fall out of my head whichever comes first!! We're going to the Barnes and Noble near home for their party, I know we'll have a ball. :lol:

midnight kitty
Haunt Master

Post by midnight kitty » Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:57 pm

i have made a decision

today i was at the local mall where we have a small walden books. the other day the mall decided to let walden books host their own deathly hallows ball. it will be the same party that borders is throwing, only it's 10 min away from my house instead of 45 minutes. it starts at 9:0 and at midnight they will start selling the books. i won't be buyind said book coz i already ordered it from amazon back in feb and i'll have it on my doorstep sat morning

so that's my friday and saturday plans.
i'm not even going to my friend's bacholarette party so i could read the book. no big loss. they want to go to an amusement park and then drink all night. since i do neither, it's much better for me to spend my time reading
trick or treat

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:11 am

Rosie, that's great that there will be a party that is more convenient for you! Have fun, and let me know ASAP what you think of the book! :wink:

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:05 pm

Sounds like you got the best of both worlds - an awesome party at a close location!