Felt like stopping by here tonight

Discussion of general Halloween topics
Fall fanatic
Vampire
What is the highest number?: 10992

Felt like stopping by here tonight

Post by Fall fanatic » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:49 pm

It still feels like Halloween was just here, and tonight I thought ahead to that wonderful season of autumn and realized that the first sprinklings of the season will be coming up from the basement in about 6 and a half months!
What got me in the mood was that I was flipping around the tv tonight and Hocus Pocus is on. Watching it for a few minutes I can just picture my reaper hanging outside the window, the glow of the orange lights and the smell of fallen leaves in the fresh, cool fall air.

Have a good night, everyone!

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Re: Felt like stopping by here tonight

Post by Murfreesboro » Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:25 am

Aww, nice post!

I am not actually hankering for fall at the moment. I think if it were autumn every day, I would take it for granted. I do get excited about it as the summer wears on, however. Especially in the South, where the summers can be so brutal, the milder weather of the autumn comes as a tremendous relief.

MauEvig
Halloween Master

Post by MauEvig » Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:30 pm

I'm with Murf on this one. The fact that fall comes one season per year makes me appreciate the beauty and wonder of it all the same.
Still it's never too early to think about Halloween which I believe is on a Saturday this year.
Recently we also had a very beautiful full moon. I took pictures of it, and the freaky part of it was this strange vertical cloud that was floating in front of it and seemed to move. Weird.
Also tomorrow is what Pumpkin Man would always refer to as "Little Halloween." Although I doubt we'll do anything for the occasion, except maybe be careful of bad luck coming around every corner.
We finally got some more snow, although not much. We've had some freezing rain as well.
It's interesting how each season is beautiful in it's own way and contrasts one another. Fall has very musky orange and red colors while Spring has bright pastel colors, Summer it's all greens and warmth and in the Winter dark blues whites and cold. Winter can be just as cold as Summer is hot, but often Spring and Fall both have similar temperatures, though it seems to be sunnier in the Spring and warmer. I think this may be do to the fact that by the time we get used to the cold it's starting to warm up. When we're used to the heat it's starting to cool down again.
Nocturnal Purr-Fection

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:18 am

We are getting into the coldest sustained weather of the season right now and may, finally, have a little snow in the next few days (I won't hold my breath, however).

Nevertheless, I can see signs of spring in my yard--a few of the tulips and daffodils are starting to poke tentative leaves through the ground. It is so much fun to watch the earth wake up.

MauEvig
Halloween Master

Post by MauEvig » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:36 am

I agree Murf it is very beautiful seeing the Earth awaken again after it's winter slumber.
We got a bit of snow yesterday. Not much though just a light dusting.
Nocturnal Purr-Fection

witchy
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by witchy » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:21 pm

I miss Halloween and the fall weather. :(

We are having really, really cold weather this week, yuck, I don't want to go outside for anything. It's weird because last week we made a record high of 71 and this week we can't even make it out of the 20s. I am sooooooo ready for spring, summer or fall, I'm not a big winter fan, I hate the cold, the only good thing is Christmas and the birth of my daughters, they were Dec babies, that's it!!! Okay I'm done with my rant. :roll:

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!! :D

Andybev01
Halloween Master

Post by Andybev01 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:58 pm

I realize this sounds very spoiled but, it will be 75 again tomorrow; 80 on Sunday.
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

Boogeyman
Halloween Master

Post by Boogeyman » Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:23 pm

Just one of the reasons I am grateful I don't live there.
There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root.

Henry David Thoreau

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:25 am

:lol: :lol:

We are very cold again, too, and maybe, just maybe, we'll see some snow tomorrow. I would love snow, actually, because we have been snow-deprived this winter.

However, my daughter is flying back from a Model UN conference (high school kids) at Duke Univ. tomorrow evening, so I hope the snow holds off until after she is home.

Fall fanatic
Vampire

Post by Fall fanatic » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:43 pm

I agree with many of the replies. I am in no rush for fall to get here. I appreciate it in its own time. But I love it, and it's still nice to think about throughout the year. A few years back I realized life was too short to be wishing for a time other than the present. And I realized I can enjoy thoughts of fall or get in the Halloween mood whenever the feeling struck, all year round. The Halloween mood comes and goes all year, and it's fun to just let it happen when it does. The other night was a great example, because for a moment it felt like it was Halloween time.

I am actually looking forward to one thing, however. A nice 60 degree day, sitting in the yard, grilling out and listening to the baseball broadcast. Today is was 11 degrees below zero when I got up, not factoring in the chill factor. Enough of this!

vrb8919
Crypt Keeper

Post by vrb8919 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:58 pm

I remember last year found myself thinking and wishing for Halloween season more often than I usually do. However, come around the middle of October I found myself feeling burned out. I've told myself that this year I'm going to pace myself, and just enjoy each season as it comes. So far so good, but I agree that sometimes you'll catch a movie on T.V., or you'll be at a store or something and see some Halloween leftovers on a clearance rack and it will put you right in the mood. Always kind of a cool feeling when that happens!

MauEvig
Halloween Master

Post by MauEvig » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:33 pm

I think I'm off my rocker right now considering I went crazy posting a bunch of Halloween related items from Facebook and went and did a Halloween themed painting. :lol:
I hope I don't end up getting burned out on Halloween too soon. I want to enjoy the other seasons as well...but for some reason I've got visions of skeletons dancing in my head. Maybe it's because of LIttle Halloween, or maybe the cake I baked, I don't know. Maybe I'll be ready to focus on the other seasons once March is over since that's the next Little Halloween line up. It's just a shame that Halloween is such a short holiday and these days people make so many restrictions on it, and in my own community at least there isn't as much interest in it.

Or I could blame it on the cold. That's a good idea. Just blame it on old man winter. My brain got frozen and it's shifted into Halloween mode where I want to see warm fall days with crisp autumn leaves and the chill of the spooky ambiance, not the cold dead of winter.
Nocturnal Purr-Fection

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:58 am

I bet that's it. You've got cabin fever.

Andybev01
Halloween Master

Post by Andybev01 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:31 pm

I didnt realize that there are 3, little Halloweens this year.
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:11 am

February, March, and ?