Perfect weather for Halloween?

Discussion of general Halloween topics
buck588
Vampire

Post by buck588 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:44 am

I agree. Cool temps, leaves on the ground, smoke in the air, a bit cloudy but clear enough for the moonlight and trick or treater's up and down the street. :lol:

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:24 am

I can relate with OEJ, we usually get rain on Halloween, however; with this world wide Atmospheric weather change that has been happening, we've been seeing more and more Halloween's without rain, Yippie! There's usually a very crisp feel in the air which I love, cause everything smells clean and fresh, and I love all the fall leaves all over the place and all the fall colours in the trees, and the states that the gardens are in this time of the year can be very cool.
I just love a Halloween with no Rain and little to no snow, all the other aspects that come with this time of Year I just love, I feel more at peace and far more content :)

Mr.Halloween
Ghost

Post by Mr.Halloween » Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:29 pm

Enough with the poetry already... we are talking weather here, not scenic paintings -heheh

In my opinion, the best weather element for Halloween night (other then no rain) that no one has yet to mention is FOG! Not too thick but enough to add a haunted eeriness to the night.

I have only had a foggy Halloween night occur twice in my (adult) life and it was magical! I can guarantee if it is foggy out, I will wander the streets to enjoy it.

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:42 pm

Yeah fog would totally type all the haunted creatures and ghost together... We had fog a few years ago though and yes it was great... last year was a cool night which wasn't bad, the leaves had already been falling so they were all over the sidewalk and streets... Rain is more often then not in my experience though... We'll just have to wait and see what happens this year!
1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You 3, 4, Better Lock Your Door 5, 6, Grab A Crucifix 7, 8, Better Stay Up Late 9, 10, Never Sleep Again

Dr Strange

Post by Dr Strange » Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:21 pm

Mr.Halloween wrote:Enough with the poetry already... we are talking weather here, not scenic paintings -heheh

In my opinion, the best weather element for Halloween night (other then no rain) that no one has yet to mention is FOG! Not too thick but enough to add a haunted eeriness to the night.

I have only had a foggy Halloween night occur twice in my (adult) life and it was magical! I can guarantee if it is foggy out, I will wander the streets to enjoy it.
I don't think I've ever had a foggy Halloween night, man that would be great. It might even top a full moon on Halloween.

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:54 pm

Hey Mr.Halloween, We've had Fog out our way on several Halloweens. I think it's because we are nestled in and completley surrounded in a teardrop shape by mountains, plus we are pretty much surrounded by bodies of water and marshy areas. I remember back in 2002 in think it was, the Fog was so think all the TOT's were talking about how creepy it was to be out around all the gouls and the Fog, it was awesome! It was the type that people refer to as "you could cut it with a knife".
But you're right, Fog is one of the greatest element on Halloween :) :wink:

Oh and I can remember a few years back doing the Chilliwack Night Time Corn Maze they have at Halloween, complete with the odd monster throughout the maze, and the Fog was really thick through the maze, that was creepy, mind you I couldn't get "children of The Corn" out of my head,lol.

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:41 pm

Mr Halloween, you are absolutely right...

I guess that's why we all have fog machines, huh? :roll:
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus