got any plans

Discussion of general Halloween topics
tantraman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

got any plans

Post by tantraman » Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:35 pm

I just learned that I have halloween offf I am excited so I have to plan my day anyone else have plans yet or is it to early I know I have to work on my horror movie list.
happy happy halloween silver shamrock.

Please check out our new horror movie blog check our the first post on our new horror movie blog https://horrormoviehallofflames.wordpress.com/

MHooch
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by MHooch » Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:08 am

Too early???? Did you say TOO EARLY???? :shock:

Never, my dear boy, is it toooo early to start thinking and planning for the big day!! I have already started planning the party, and gathering some supplies that I will need to make some props and things. As a matter of fact I was just saying to the husband today, that there was hardly enough time to get it all done!!!

So I say, no, it's not too early :lol:
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus

tantraman
Halloween Master

Post by tantraman » Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:20 am

yea one day is far to short i think there should be a hallows eve then halloween it needs at least 2 days I think.

Please check out our new horror movie blog check our the first post on our new horror movie blog https://horrormoviehallofflames.wordpress.com/

tomanderson
Halloween Master

Post by tomanderson » Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:30 am

Of course, people here celebrate Halloween year round, and in October simply crank up the volume on the celebratin' for the entire month.

Hey...you gotta do what you love

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:48 am

What do you have in mind? :D

tantraman
Halloween Master

Post by tantraman » Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:37 am

i start off every halloween early like 530 am with garfields halloween.

midnight kitty
Haunt Master

Post by midnight kitty » Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:23 am

no exact plans yet. i'm off that day too. the child will be in afternoon kindergarten and i don't know if they have anything planned. at least w/ her in afternoon classes we can stay up late and i don't have to worry about waking up early the next morning to get her ready for school like i did last year
trick or treat

halloweenqueen
Haunt Master

Post by halloweenqueen » Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:34 am

I always take Halloween and the day after off!!! It's just too exciting for me to be at work! I wouldn't get a darn thing done anyhow so they might as well let me be at home! that's the way i see it anyhow! I normally start the celebrating the night before Halloween with pumkin carving, halloween movies, halloween cookie baking and telling the kiddos some ghost stories. I also love to watch ghost hunter shows that are tv that time of year! Travel Channel has a great show that airs out off Britian called Most Haunted. It's pretty cool! The kids, well my 6 yr old anyhow, love to watch that with me! The actual day, I go to my daughters school halloween party. My son is only going to be 3 this Halloween so he just tags along with me all day! I came home from school last night though and he was in his room watching Halloweentown! Im so proud!!!! :D :D

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:39 am

Way to go Mom, raise them up right!!! :D
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus

tantraman
Halloween Master

Post by tantraman » Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:24 pm

yea I got my daughter on the halloween kick we watched monster night two days ago

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:59 pm

I thought about taking Halloween off from work but I am not sure what I would do all day long at home by myself. So I figure at work I can spread the Halloween Spirit to anyone who comes in my office.
"Drink up me 'earties Yo Ho. Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me!"

tantraman
Halloween Master

Post by tantraman » Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:34 am

i could easliy entertain myself with movies and walking around the nieborhood looking at decorations it is a type of zen

JACKRYAN592
Haunt Master

Post by JACKRYAN592 » Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:01 pm

I HAVE TAKEN EVERY HALLOWEEN OFF, FOR AS LONG AS I CAN REMEMBER. I NEED THE TIME TO RELISH EVERY MOLECULE OF THE DAY. I STILL REMEMBER LAST YEAR, AS HALLOWEEN SLOWLY DWINDLED AWAY. I STOOD IN MY DOORWAY, LOOKING OUT AT THE NIGHT SKY. HOPING TO SEE A LAST TRICK-OR-TREATER, BAT, BLACK CAT, OR MAYBE A WITCH FLYING BY! I SPIED SEVERAL HALLOWEEN LIGHTS, AND JACK-O-LANTERNS WITH CANDLES TWITCHING. I FELT A KNOT IN MY STOMACH, I HAD WAITED SO LONG, AND NOW IT WAS GONE. I STAYED UP PAST 31 OCTOBER, INTO 1 NOVEMBER WATCHING THE LAST OF HALLOWEEN WITH JAMIE LEE.
IT'S HARD TO BELIEVE THERE IS ONLY ABOUT 100 DAYS TO GO UNTIL OUR FAVORITE HOLIDAY, AND TIME OF YEAR!! COME ON HALLOWEEN!!!!

tomanderson
Halloween Master

Post by tomanderson » Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:11 pm

One thing I like to do is go down to the local discount store and buy some bags of little spooky toys. Plastic bats and spider rings are good for this kind of thing, small skeletons too. They have to be small so you can carry pocketsful of the stuff.

What do I do with these toys? I give 'em to everyone I come across. People at the store, people at work, wherever! Instead of waiting for trick or treaters, you can take a more proactive approach and just go around spreading the Halloween love everywhere! It usually gets a good response. EVERYONE can put a rubber bug or bat to good use! Especially on Halloween, if you think about it. For that matter, start early, 2 or 3 days before Halloween, to get people in the mood.

I think deadbride does the same thing, and stocks up too, because when we did the gift exchange thing, she had WAAYYY more Halloween stuff "on hand" than most regular people would.

tantraman
Halloween Master

Post by tantraman » Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:33 pm

that is a great idea tomanderson and jack ryan i know the feeling it seems like when the jacko lantern light goes out so does the halloween spirit,but what i like it the extra quietness in the air does anyone notice that arounf 10:30 or 11 that is when I go out and prowl the nieborhood again once i even wondered through a graveyard I did it one even on mushrooms but i lost it that night. :shock: