Animatronics

Discussion of most anything about Halloween Electrics and Electronics. A place for questions, suggestions, help or just information about electronics!
Christoph777
Vampire
What is the highest number?: 9

Animatronics

Post by Christoph777 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:18 am

Anybody got good Halloween animatronics? I've got two, a pop up werewolf and a rising pumpkin head. I wonder if you are starting your own Halloween attraction business, if its a good idea to use animatronics that are in the $100 to $200 range or if you would want something more "industrial."

NeverMore
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: Animatronics

Post by NeverMore » Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:59 pm

I bought a couple full-size skeletons this year and put one of them in the passenger seat of my truck. Got a lot of attention. I'm thinking for next year, replacing the joints with some kind of ball-and-pivot and attaching servo motors. Especially with the head so he can turn it and look at the people in the vehicle next to me. Maybe have him lean forward and have the arm raise and wave as he does so. Seems like Arduino would be the way to control it all. Gonna take a bit of research to see how hard this would be and how much it would cost.

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:31 am

A couple of houses in our neighborhood do some amazing things with full-size skeletons. Not making them move, but just setting them up in the most imaginative ways. A few years back, someone down the street put two skeletons on his roof with a cooler, and had them drinking Cokes together.

This year, a house around the corner put out a group of skeletons seated around a campfire (those silken flames, you know), barbecuing a human arm. They even had a skeletal dog with them. Just amazing to see.

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:06 pm

I have two full-size and one baby-size skeleton so we set them up doing a picnic in our graveyard, including blanket, basket and wig for momma skeleton. I had poppa skeleton handing momma black roses. Looked pretty cool.

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:39 am

Oh, that's wonderful! I love it when people use their imaginations like that.

witchy
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by witchy » Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:31 pm

I have several ones, A Bride & Groom skeleton, that talk and sing to each other (White Wedding). I had a 6 foot laboratory guy that talks, a 5 foot witch that talks and has a strobe light on her staff, a Medusa head that the snakes move and her eyes light up, she talks too, a gargoyle that talks and his wings move. I love them all!!

NeverMore your skelly's sound pretty cool!!