Anyone else go through a little Halloween hangover?

Discussion of general Halloween topics
vrb8919
Crypt Keeper
What is the highest number?: 10992

Anyone else go through a little Halloween hangover?

Post by vrb8919 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:58 pm

Anyone else besides me go through this a little bit? Seems like Halloween comes and goes faster each year, but I always seem to have a tough time putting it behind me! I think a big reason for it is because my favorite time of year is summer right up until the middle of fall, and so I know that when Halloween is over is when the coldest stretch of the year is about to start. I don't mind a little cold weather around Christmas, but I'm definitely ready for spring and summer by the time January and February rolls around. How about you?

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Re: Anyone else go through a little Halloween hangover?

Post by Murfreesboro » Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:31 pm

Well, I consider Halloween the kick-off to the holiday season, so I am looking forward to Thanksgiving and Christmas. I burned my yard lights for Halloween through Nov. 2, then took down all but one display I have, of ghosts dancing around a "bonfire" (orange lights in a small tree). I burned them for the last time on Nov. 5, then took the whole display down today. I know I am going to have to re-wire one of my Christmas yard ornaments, so I am looking ahead to that. It won't be long at all before the Christmas lights go up!

I don't live in a really cold part of the country. We are lucky to see snow once or twice in a season, and some years we never do. So winter is not so dreadful for us. It's summer that can get you down around here, although I do enjoy summer for a month or two.

vrb8919
Crypt Keeper

Post by vrb8919 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:00 pm

Murfeesboro- I know what you mean about Halloween being the kickoff to the holiday season, because I see it the same way. When I was younger, my favorite holiday was Christmas (for obvious reasons). I liked Halloween a lot as a youngster, but when it was over I was definitely ready for Thanksgiving and especially Christmas. Now the roles have been reversed! As I've gotten older, Halloween takes the top spot for favorite holiday, even though I still like Christmas.

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:27 am

Halloween going by fast? I agree! So much to do, only 348 days left!!! Halloween comes so fast.

As for getting colder? Watchu talkin' about Willis?!?! Got myself a pretty good sunburn today, I'm having a hard time believing summer is even over. Except for that getting dark early thing. That's a dead give away.

vrb8919
Crypt Keeper

Post by vrb8919 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:33 pm

NeverMore wrote:Halloween going by fast? I agree! So much to do, only 348 days left!!! Halloween comes so fast.

As for getting colder? Watchu talkin' about Willis?!?! Got myself a pretty good sunburn today, I'm having a hard time believing summer is even over. Except for that getting dark early thing. That's a dead give away.

Haha, I'm not gonna lie, I'm a little jealous! Would much rather have the sun than the cold.

johnsoneliza52
Haunt Master

Post by johnsoneliza52 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:49 pm

It took forever this year for us to put things back to normal..now we are getting the Christmas decorations out. I used some of the pvc we had for the clowns and made a large angel to put in the front yard.
Incidentally, if you do try to build dummy frames from pvc and connectors, don't glue them together. I was able to take all the clowns apart and was able to fit all of it into
a large box to store. Easy peasy!

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:40 pm

Still have my decorations up. Simply don't have the time to pack them away right now.

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:13 am

I'm having to re-string one of my Christmas yard ornaments this week. I want to put them out after Thanksgiving. The angel's lights had started to go out, so I took them all off and bought some LED strings for her. We'll see how she looks when she is refurbished!