Halloween goodies officially in stores....

Discussion of general Halloween topics
LawP
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by LawP » Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:44 am

I couldn't wait for the Halloween goodies to arrive in my neck of the woods so I shopped online. Just yesterday, part of my order from ABC Distributing came in and I was immersed in Halloween joy...one bicycle riding witch for the garden, a "BOO!" wreath, and a trio of pumpkins with lights! SWEEEET! And...one of my dear friends found two spider webbed tea lights at a dollar store going out of business! By now my daughter is frantically calling the psyche ward (I'm sure she has it on speed dial)...but I'm a happy, happy girl. :D
Don't drink and fly...

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:51 am

LawP:

Well, darlin' if you're goin to the funny farm, you're gonna have a lot of company, 'cause we'll all be RIGHT THERE WITH YA!!!! :wink:
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:13 am

Yeah! What MHooch said!

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:08 pm

I buy halloween things all year round so if you are going to be locked up - Ill be right there with ya :D
"Drink up me 'earties Yo Ho. Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me!"

MichaelMyers
Haunt Master

Post by MichaelMyers » Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:32 pm

I want to come to the farm! Pretty please???

Cadaverino
Haunt Master

Post by Cadaverino » Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:28 pm

I'm curious about the word "officially" in the subject heading.

LawP
Haunt Master

Post by LawP » Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:05 pm

Well my friends, it warms my orange and black heart to know I'll be in fine company at my new "home". My witch on a swing with purple lights came in yesterday...I almost kissed the UPS guy (who is probably in cahoots with my daughter by now). The most wonderful part of this whole secret shopping mission is that so far all packages have arrived during hubby's 24 hour shift at the firehouse, so....plenty of time to get rid of the evidence. :twisted:
Don't drink and fly...

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:35 am

OMG, I am so glad that I am not the only one that hides the evidence from the hubby!!! Once I get the stuff in the house and mixed in with the other decor, he's none the wiser to what's new or old. Way to go LawP!!
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus

ooga_booga
Haunt Master

Post by ooga_booga » Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:40 am

I have found that most of the shops over here still have halloween stuff from last year :lol:
Serial Thread Killer.

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:59 am

I went to Michael's tonight and bought two things that look like Bethatny Lowe Items for a fraction of the the price..... I'll post pics when I can. I think they're VERY cool!

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:17 am

OMG LawP & MHooch, Thats too funny cause I do that to with my home decor :lol: :D But I know hubby caught on a while back and just doesn't say much, I know this cause he's using my lines for when I find new planes or plane accessories have arrived, but I don't mind at all cause he works so hard and deserves anything he wants. ANd he's very supportive of my little quirks also, so alls good. But I do hide a lot and then slowly bring it out like I just got it. :oops:

LawP
Haunt Master

Post by LawP » Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:46 pm

No Hooch, you are not the only one who what I like to call "blends in new purchases". It's not as if he would begrudge me a few new items but I do everything I can to avoid that dreaded trip to the "farm". Funny thing is...he brags about the decor to his friends and encourages them to come over and see everything. In that respect he's just as guilty and can't say Boo! heh heh :twisted:
Don't drink and fly...

LawP
Haunt Master

Post by LawP » Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:04 pm

Dutchess, I agree with you about the hubby. Mine used to race stock cars and I KNOW he used to squirrel away the UPS orders that came with alarming regularity! I too think he works hard and deserves his toys. :D Despite what I might say here, he accepts my quirks and doesn't give me too hard of a time. :wink: My children are another story...they worry about me being "evil". I don't try to change their mind because it tends to assist me with discipline. Mwaahaahaahaa!
Don't drink and fly...

MichaelMyers
Haunt Master

Post by MichaelMyers » Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:26 pm

I try to hide things as well....but then I get so excited about the stuff that I want to show someone....and unless I plan on dragging these life sized props to work...my husband is it! He's cool about it though! He knew when we got married that that there had to be a special "Halloween Fund" in the budget!

angel222
Haunt Master

Post by angel222 » Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:38 pm

wow halloween candies at micheals already? I envy you guys. I should probably check out the store besides july is almost over.
hello