When did you discover you had an obsession with halloween?

Discussion of general Halloween topics
jackskellington17
Zombie
What is the highest number?: 9

When did you discover you had an obsession with halloween?

Post by jackskellington17 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:35 pm

id have to say when i was about four yeasr old when i knew just enough about the world the smell of the fog machines and the wind of fall it had to be in my mind the greatest time of the year as i got older my costumes got scarier and scarier all the kinds in the neighborhood were scared of my costumes but once i took my mask off they jumped on me and gave me a hug hlloween is the best holiday in my opinion
the halloween fanatic

uncletor
Halloween Master

Post by uncletor » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:42 pm

I was born into it.
The stuff would find ME.
The ads in the paper for DUNWICH HORROR or CARRY ON SCREAMING would jump out at me and make me stare and drool. I got the FRANKENSTIEN Aurora model kit one year for Christmas.
Our Grandparents lived across the road and had a big big trunk full of costumes and we would do Dracula and stuff in the summer..under the direction of my sister..who let me watch the Hammer DRACULA, with the woman who suddenly has VIVID makeup, a push up bra, and teeth big enough to open a Hires root beer, and I would have let her hold me too. Hubba hubba.
We would go out to the graveyard on the weekends and put flowers on the relatives graves and you could take in all the really bitchen' headstones and big big monuments. Green and cool in the evening darkness.
Uncle Len when he moved sent boxes of PRE CODE COMICS down..the ones even BELOW E.C., and you would just PASS OUT they were sooooo warped and twisted and had so many dead ghoulies in them. Channel Ten showed 13 GHOSTS on the afternoon movie at spring break. I can still SEE the Dad slowly FREAKING out..
And Gramma, telling us THE CABINET OF DR. CALIGARI as a bedtime story...and finding out years later it was a silent horror film she had described scene for scene...right up to the surprize ending.
I never had a chance.
Heh heh heh
Future events such as these will effect you in the future

tantraman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by tantraman » Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:48 pm

when I watched Garfields HAlloween EVERYDAY for 3 years straight and FRI. 13th part 3 when I was like 9 or so.
happy happy halloween silver shamrock.

Please check out our new horror movie blog check our the first post on our new horror movie blog https://horrormoviehallofflames.wordpress.com/

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:03 am

Actually, jackskellington, I was afraid of Halloween when I was very small. I used to turn the porch light off so that no TOTers would come, because they frightened me. I guess I was about 9 or 10 when I really started to get into it, and realized that I could be whoever I wanted and do whatever I wanted to do as that alter ego. Since then I have been building my interest in all things Halloween, especially costuming and makeup. That is still what attracts me the most today...the mystery, the shedding of our "normal" selves for the creatures we become for the night, the fooling your best friend (if you are good at it) into thinking you're someone (or something) else. Still great fun and I am almost 55 yrs old!!
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:32 am

For as long as I can remember....
That crisp fall chill in the air;
the leaves of a thousand trees turning a zillion shades of orange, red and brown.
Nature's life-cycle coming to another end, reminding you that death is as much of a part of life as life itself.
Halloween and the fall season is as much of a reflection of the year as it is your own life.
It encourages you to face that inevitable unknown with both arms open wide, your scariest face on and screaming at the top of your lungs: COME AND GET ME, YOU FOOL, I'M NOT AFRAID!!!!!

..... I'm sorry. What was the question? :lol:

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:47 am

OEJ, you ROCK!!!! 8) :lol:
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus

tomanderson
Halloween Master

Post by tomanderson » Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:32 am

Ah, it was pretty early on, when I was six or seven or so......at first, I thought Halloween was scary, with the ghoulish spooky sound effects and weird lighting and everything. But after I had seen it a few times, I thought, "Hey! This isn't scary at all, really. It's PRETEND scary! And kind of fun!" And at that point I noticed that I really loved it. So many opportunities to be creative, and everyone was encouraged to be creative. It was pure goodness, pure joy, from that moment.

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:56 pm

I have always really liked halloween - but three years ago it was like halloween never happened. My grandmother found out she had cancer the day before halloween (it was a large cancerous tumor that grew so large it actually broke her back) - so the party was cancelled and we spent halloween in the hospital while she had life threatening surgery.

Ever since then my like for halloween just magnified because its like I just couldnt stand having a year without it. so each year since I make it the best possible one.
"Drink up me 'earties Yo Ho. Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me!"

MyersFan1
Halloween Master

Post by MyersFan1 » Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:40 pm

I think ive always been obssesed with Halloween. Ever since i was a youngster attending my schools annual Halloween party ive always loved the holiday. I love the creepy Jack-o-Lanterns, the crisp fall air, seeing stores filled with Halloween merchandise, the scarey movies, and most of all the trick-or-treaters who remind me of myself when i was that young. Ive always loved Halloween and always will!

LawP
Haunt Master

Post by LawP » Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:11 pm

I have always loved Halloween. Growing up in New England I remember the smell of the leaves, a bit of smoke in the air, and crispy fall weather. My mom made our costumes every year and decorated the house with cardboard characters. She still my biggest enabler! :lol:
Don't drink and fly...

JACKRYAN592
Haunt Master

Post by JACKRYAN592 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:42 pm

AS LONG AS I CAN REMEMBER