Five Great Vampire Movies For Halloween — Or Any Time - The

News about Halloween from all over world...
HalloweenDot
Site Admin
What is the highest number?: 10992

Five Great Vampire Movies For Halloween — Or Any Time - The

Post by HalloweenDot » Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:01 am

Five Great Vampire Movies For Halloween — Or Any Time - The Inquisitr
The InquisitrFive Great Vampire Movies For Halloween — Or Any TimeThe InquisitrSure, it's only August, but those Halloween decorations are creeping into stores, not that anyone needs Halloween as an excuse for a good vampire flick. What's better than a good vampire movie any time of year? Why, five good vampire movies, of course.
http://news.google.com/news/url?sa=t&fd ... -any-time/
Halloween.com since 1994 - Chris

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Re: Five Great Vampire Movies For Halloween — Or Any Time - The

Post by Murfreesboro » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:48 am

I blush to admit that the only one of those films I've seen is the Oldman Dracula, but I do like that one, and for the very reason cited here--its lush, decadent, fin-de-siecle style. And its homage to the film making of older horror classics.

Boogeyman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Boogeyman » Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:14 pm

I have seen them all and Near Dark and the Lee Hammer Dracula films are some of the best. Near Dark is considered one of the best by horror fans. Lee will finally be the Star of the Month on Turner Classic Movies this October. An honor long overdue,
There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root.

Henry David Thoreau

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:00 am

I'm sure I saw the Lee Dracula on TV when I was a child, but not since. Near Dark does sound good.

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:53 pm

Murfreesboro wrote:I blush to admit that the only one of those films I've seen is the Oldman Dracula
What!?!?!?! You've never seen Lost Boys or Fright Night?!? You have missed out of some classic movies.

After the passing of the Great Lee, I collected every Hammer/Lee movie I could find. Happy to say I have all the Dracula ones.

Just watched the Spanish version of Dracula (1931) the other night. Still like Bela's version more.

A lot of people will think I'm nutz, but my favorite vampire movie is Dracula 2000. I think Gerard Butler did an awesome job of portraying the Count, and I love man-out-of-time movies. I also like the twist in the story that he is much more ancient than believed, that he was some of history's most infamous figures.

• Elizabeth Blaine: Who are you?

Dracula: Who am I? Gilles de Rais, Vlad Tepes, El Hazarid... Dagobert, Proximus, Uther, Caligula... ah, Iscariot... and so many more I've long forgotten.

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:24 am

That does sound good!

Last year we collected all those 1930s horror movies (Universal? The ones Walmart was packaging). We have the Spanish one you mention. I do enjoy seeing Bela Lugosi.

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:46 pm

I just noticed the alternate ending to Dracula III, the second sequel to Dracula 2000. I like the way they ended the series, with Jason Scott Lee's character taking up the mantle of Dracula. The alternate ending was a cop out. I also think Rutger Hauer should play more vampires, as he was also awesome in Buffy the movie.