Children of the corn???

Halloween and Horror Movies
mandy0221
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Children of the corn???

Post by mandy0221 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:37 pm

Ok so I was with my dad and stepmom yesterday and they were talking about something or should I say whispering. Then my sister asked them what they were talking about...(apparently Children of the Corn) But they said they werent going to talk about it anymore and it was not appropriate.

Is this like a super scary movie or something? My sister is 12 ... im 22 so I dont know why they were so secretive.

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:24 am

Well Children of the Corn is a movie based off a short story by Stephen King. I haven't watched it in a few years but it is a pretty creepy movie.
In a nut shell it is about a crazy little town where the chidren of a cult like sec kill all the adults.
Heres a link to the trailer if you want to check it out.
http://videodetective.com/default.asp?f ... shedID=527

Enjoy! :twisted:
1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You 3, 4, Better Lock Your Door 5, 6, Grab A Crucifix 7, 8, Better Stay Up Late 9, 10, Never Sleep Again

EvilMel
Haunt Master

Post by EvilMel » Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:11 am

I really don't think it's that scary at all honestly...I like it...just not scary.

Maybe they are thinking back to when it first came out and movies like that really scared *them*.

Now is it appropriate for a 12 year old? Hmmm. I'm no judge since I was watching all kinds of stuff like that at 12.

geekmidwinter
Haunt Master

Post by geekmidwinter » Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:20 am

When I was 12, it scared the <deleted> outta me. "He wants you, too, Malachi!" Oh my gosh, I had nightmares about that. And on a deeper level, the mindless devotion and cultish enthusiasm these kids had was truly frightening. But it didn't warp me or leave me wanting to kill all the adults in my town, either. Just a parental judgement call on the propriety of the 12 year old watching it, I guess.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect.

hauntmaster

Post by hauntmaster » Tue May 22, 2007 12:09 am

Whoo! There are Children of the Corn part 1 thru 7, I think... I've only seen part 1 and 2, but never seen 3 thru 7.

So tell me, from part 3 - 7, are they any good at all or what?

hauntmaster

Post by hauntmaster » Thu May 24, 2007 11:19 pm

After carefully checking the information about this COTC movies via Amazon.com online.... I've listed the following COTC films shown here below:

Children Of The Corn (1984)

Children Of The Corn 2: The Final Sacrifice (1993)

Children Of The Corn 3: Urban Harvest (1994)

Children Of The Corn 4: The Gathering (1996)

Children Of The Corn 5: Fields of Terror (1998)

Children Of The Corn 666: Isaac's Return (1999)

Children Of The Corn: Revelation (2001)

BTW, what's the next new title for COTC film, maybe next year or so?? Who knows?

tantraman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by tantraman » Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:13 am

yea there pretty good I guess I like part 6 the best 7 is kinda trippy.
happy happy halloween silver shamrock.

Please check out our new horror movie blog check our the first post on our new horror movie blog https://horrormoviehallofflames.wordpress.com/

Spooky
Haunt Master

Post by Spooky » Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:25 am

I think it is extremely scary for a 12 year old. If your 22-you can handle it. It stars Linda Hamilton and Peter Horton. When I first saw it, it scared the heck out of me. We use to play hide and seek in a cornfield at my grandparents house, but not after watching that movie.

Courtney Gains plays Malachi, and he was one scary dude. The end is really far fetched and kind of doesn't fit with the beginning. But, the very beginning is pretty darn creepy.

brimac35
Zombie

Post by brimac35 » Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:02 pm

I love this movie , I rented this when I was 15 and it has become a halloween tradition .
Thursdays , I never could really get the hang of Thursdays .

AutumnGypsy7
Vampire

Children of the Corn

Post by AutumnGypsy7 » Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:38 am

I saw Children of the Corn when I was about 11 years old and it scared me. And of course it did not help that I live in a town that is surrounded by corn fields.
My cousins and I use to play hide and seek in the corn fields at my grandparents house, but that stopped after I saw that movie :) .
I'll bet living in a nudist colony takes all the fun out of Halloween. -Charles Swartz

RUScaredYet
Vampire

Post by RUScaredYet » Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:09 pm

COTC rocks my world! John Franklin (Isaac) and Courtney Gains (Malachi) are awesome, and the rest of the kids are OK too. See it!