In Stores Now....

Discussion of general Halloween topics
halloweenqueen
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

In Stores Now....

Post by halloweenqueen » Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:18 pm

So i went to Michael's this past weekend to check out the Halloween stuff and I must say that, although they had a few things that were pretty good, I was rather disappointed with the selection. It wasn't very big at all and the variety left MUCH to be desired. :(

So my question is...does anyone know of anywhere else that has their Halloween stuff out or if any stores are planning on bringing stuff out soon? I feel like I was teased with Michaels and I need a real fix now! Maybe you could say Im feigning??? hahaha...

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:46 am

I think that the stuff Micheal's has out now is only the tip of the iceberg...at least I hope so!! :D
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:46 am

Well I phoned the Michael's closest to me earlier tonight as I plan to go tomorrow if all goes according to plan :D They told me that all this halloween stuff is out now, so I hope so, crossing my fingers, and wings,lol :D :wink:

MyersFan1
Halloween Master

Post by MyersFan1 » Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:51 pm

Do not fear Halloweenqueen....I talked to a Michaels sales associate the other day and he said there would be a lot more Halloween items coming out throughout the next 2-3 weeks. There will be more when the fall season comes closer.

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:11 am

Well I went to Michael's today, and although I picked up a few things, I must admit, I was VERY disapointed to say the least. All there was, was two Iles with the fall type stuff for flower arrangements & crows, and fake pumpkins, then where they use to have 4 Iles of Halloween stuff, plus a huge centre display, there was only 1 row of halloween stuff, and that was it! No decorations what so ever like, tomestones, creatures, netting, none of that stuff :evil: And only a small selection of Lemax stuff.
I asked the sales girl, where all the rest of the stuff was, and she said, unless there was another shipment coming which she said she was pretty sure there wasn't cause the back was packed with skids of Christmas stuff that were soon to start being put out :twisted: I couldn't believe it! So ya, I didn't get anything for my outside except a sign, most of what I picked up is for indoor decor. I was just in complete shock! Ladt year they had tones of stuff :cry: :cry:
I think I will phone in a few weeks and see if they got more stock in, but ya huge disappointment. BUt I took some pictures of what I picked up, I'll see if they can get posted.

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:41 am

Thanks so much MHooch, I could just hug you. :D :wink:

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:46 am

So, here are my changes I made to my purchases, in regards to the pictures MHooch posted for me.
1) Well the 2 pumpkins on stands had these burlap sack type ruffles around each of them, and I didn't like them, so I cut them off and took some black lace and added that instead. ALso touched up the witch and cat with black paint, and repainted the stems as they were quite a bright yucky green!
2) The little black kitty on them white pumpkin, well that poor fellow had white poke a dots on his scarf and a white band around his hat, so I painted them black.
3) The one witch in the boot was missing her skirt so I gave her one, a black one.
And I think thats it for customizing :D :wink:

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:46 am

You're welcome, sweetie. Anytime I can help... Goin' to bed now though, sleepy!
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus

Athenagwis
Crypt Keeper

Post by Athenagwis » Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:25 am

Wow looks like you had some good finds! I love those signs, I am going to have to check out a few other Michaels in my area to see if I can find any like that! The signs we have at our store ar enot nearly as cool, I would really want to find the dead end one, since I want to do a grave scene this year. Thanks for posting!!

Rachel

hauntmaster

Post by hauntmaster » Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:43 pm

Today, I walked in Home and Garden store and I spotted some scarecrows, haystacks, and some gargoyle statues. I wish I could buy gargoyle state, but its worth $300! I have to take my time to think about it. Whether or not if I'm going to buy it... :roll:

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:27 pm

Hi Athenagwis, Thanks for the kind words. You have more then one Michael's in your area? The closest to me is 1/2 hour away. I know toward Vancouver area theres tones, but I can't drive into the city, especally alone "Panic Attacks" & huge "Large Bridge Anxiety" :cry:
But no really, the Michael's Closest to me was soooooo dissapointing that I am going to email them and tell them so, I mean they had 5 times the halloween stock last year, and I was really wanting to get a few things they had last year.
But I was happy that a few of the items I picked up were items I seen that I really loved from one of the many awesome Halloween decor sites OEJ had posted. SO that was cool. But there are a few things I would really love to get this year, if I can find them :roll:
Well, good luck at your other Michael's! :D Would love to see pictures of what others manage to score.
I send out Many Thank-You's to MammaHooch & OEJ for posting my pictures for me :D :wink:

halloweenqueen
Haunt Master

Post by halloweenqueen » Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:36 pm

I am so happy that I am not the only that has had a disappointing experience with Michaels this year! I was wondering if maybe I was losing my mind! hahaha...

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:54 pm

Hey halloweenqueen, it was so dissappointing, to the point where I was disgusted! And to top it off, when I asked about why none of the other stuff was out, the lady said "well I know that last year they had so much left over that they had to do a clearance sale and ended up losing money, so this year they tried less" ok now, I can understand this to a point, but not to the degree that they slashed it this year. And to make matter even worse, when she said "Well all I know is our back is full of skids of Christmas stuff that we're told we'll be putting out here very soon" now that down right ticked me off to no end! :twisted: I mean really, it's not even Halloween yet, and their going to start putting out Christmas stuff :twisted: I know Halloween isn't big up in our parts at all, but what about those of us who are into it, and can't be affording to buy from website based stores in the US. Ug, anyways, I will be emailing them about my feelings for sure. :wink:

LawP
Haunt Master

Post by LawP » Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:49 pm

Dutchess, you found some pretty cute things! I love those bottles. It's too bad you're having a rough time getting more Halloween stuff from those people and I hope you write them a scathing letter telling them what's what. Nothing irks me more than seeing Christmas stuff before fall! I used to work in a gift shop and the powers that be demanded we put up a Christmas tree the third week of August!!!! We had so many complaints from people that we stopped putting the tree up that early. I haven't seen anything pop up around here - the closest Michaels is about a 45 minute drive and I don't want to waste the gas if they don't have much yet.
Don't drink and fly...