Troublesome fog machine!

Discussion of general Halloween topics
Hdunlopclark
Master Reaper

Troublesome fog machine!

Post by Hdunlopclark » Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:04 am

ok,
my fog machine broke last year due to the cold so i will be buying a new one this year so what do you do. do you wrap it up or do you use a mist maker. So i just need a way to protect my mackine form the cold
Thanks

hauntmaster

Post by hauntmaster » Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:13 pm

Never leave it outdoor. Wrap it up and put it back in the box when you are done using it. Be sure to keep it indoors at all the time. :wink:

MHooch
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by MHooch » Sun Jul 22, 2007 3:46 am

Hi Harry,

Do you mean the weather was too cold outside for the machine and it didn't work right because of it? Maybe keeping it on a covered porch would help, or just move it inside, the fog isn't toxic, just doesn't smell the best. I've never used a mister outdoors, only in indoor decorations.
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus

Hdunlopclark
Master Reaper

Post by Hdunlopclark » Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:55 am

MHooch wrote:Hi Harry,

Do you mean the weather was too cold outside for the machine and it didn't work right because of it? Maybe keeping it on a covered porch would help, or just move it inside, the fog isn't toxic, just doesn't smell the best. I've never used a mister outdoors, only in indoor decorations.
I am not sure what i mean :oops: Let me tell you the story of what happend that halloween night.

I set up my brand new fog machine that has a wireless remote and when TOTers came to the door i wanted to blast them with some smoke i had also made a graveyard so i make a fog chiller aswell. So it was all setup and the fog machine worked but then around 10-20 mins later the doorbell rang so i got up with the controler and pressed it nothing happend. So then they went and i had a look at it. The powerlight was on but nothing elce was happening.

The fog machine and chiller was set up outside

I just want to know should i set it up in the garage or what. Could i cover it with a blanket or somthing???

Thanks

Hdunlopclark

hauntmaster

Post by hauntmaster » Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:40 pm

I'm sorry if you are from somewhere else, so I need to know where you are...

I'm here in Virginia and the temperature in October is between 70-80 degress, well, it's all good for my fog machines! Well, I suggest you not to leave your fog machine outside when the temperature reaches below 50 degrees, you know? There's no way to keep warm it up!

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:40 am

Hi Harry,

Depending on the temps in Oct where you live, it might just be too cool for the machine to get warm enough for fog. They do operate by making steam with heat. The idea of putting it in the garage is a good one. There are lots of websites that you could probably look at to get ideas, just search for fog machines. That's how I got the directions for our chiller. I'd be concerned about fire if you wrapped a blanket around it. Good luck, let me know what you find out.

Hooch
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus

EvilMel
Haunt Master

Post by EvilMel » Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:19 pm

Check out http://www.gotfog.com. It's a great resource about fog machines.

You can also ask questions to Johnathan of Rotting Flesh Radio (they have a forum and chat room). He was very helpful to me last year.
Halloweiner Extraordinaire.