Rob Zombie's Halloween Movie

Discussion of general Halloween topics

Are you going to see RB's Halloween movie?

Yes!
50%
No!
7%
Don't know yet!
29%
Prefer to wait until it comes to DVD!
14%

Total votes: 14

hauntmaster

Rob Zombie's Halloween Movie

Post by hauntmaster » Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:47 pm

Well, not so sure if I am going to see it, but I would love to see it when it comes to DVD, maybe with UnRated Version, you know? Maybe not... If it's still R rated version, I still want to rent it anyway...

tantraman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by tantraman » Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:53 pm

reguardless of what people say or hear I will always watch a halloween movie in the theatre if I have the chance.
happy happy halloween silver shamrock.

Please check out our new horror movie blog check our the first post on our new horror movie blog https://horrormoviehallofflames.wordpress.com/

Spooky
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Spooky » Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:16 pm

I really thought that it would be horrible, and it might be...but the trailer for it doesn't look as bad as what I thought it would:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtR9Fxz2lng

EvilMel
Haunt Master

Post by EvilMel » Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:13 pm

yeah...yeah...doesn't look too terrible.

*never as good as the original*
Halloweiner Extraordinaire.

BlackCat
Haunt Master

Post by BlackCat » Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:32 am

I loved the original Halloween, so I guess I will give this one a chance.

Laurie Strode

Post by Laurie Strode » Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:46 pm

C'mon guys, who wouldn't want to see Rob Zombie's interpretation of Halloween??!! You KNOW he loves the genre, he wouldn't intentionally do it injustice....have y'all seen Devil's Rejects? AWESOME. Personally, I can't wait for this event, I've already requested that my husband take me out to dinner and to see this movie afterwards for my birthday...ROCK ON, ROB ZOMBIE, let's see what'cha got!!! :twisted:

tantraman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by tantraman » Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:51 pm

i personally have never liked rob zombie movies.
happy happy halloween silver shamrock.

Please check out our new horror movie blog check our the first post on our new horror movie blog https://horrormoviehallofflames.wordpress.com/

Laurie Strode

Post by Laurie Strode » Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:02 pm

What's your bag then, Tantraman? What kind of horror directors do ya like?

tomanderson
Halloween Master

Post by tomanderson » Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:14 pm

Big if on seeing this in the theatre. Not sure yet...

hauntmaster

Post by hauntmaster » Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:22 pm

For me!!! I'm the biggest Rob Zombie fan! :evil:

Laurie Strode

Post by Laurie Strode » Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:14 am

I know I'm gonna like you, hauntmaster. Any Zombie fan is a cool dude in my book. :)

hauntmaster

Post by hauntmaster » Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:00 am

Thanks a lot, LS!!! And, welcome to Halloween Forum site!!

BTW, are you Michael Myers' sister???

Laurie Strode wrote:I know I'm gonna like you, hauntmaster. Any Zombie fan is a cool dude in my book. :)

Dr Strange

Post by Dr Strange » Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:04 am

I think for many isn't "Will it be good?" but "What's the point?" The first one doesn't really need retelling. Comparatively speaking it's still a modern movie that was well made. Why not come up with a fresh idea? And considering the subject matter there's only so much that can be done. Yes, it appears they will focus on young Michael who might prove interesting, but how does that justify a whole movie?

It's doubtful I will see it in the theaters because Michael Meyers has always scared the begeezes out of my wife and my 16 year old will be too young.

I think I'm more interested in seeing Trick R Treat.

Laurie Strode

Post by Laurie Strode » Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:48 am

You got it hauntmaster, I am Myers' sister. Don't you like what I did to him in H2O? :wink:

You're right, Dr. Strange, the first one does hold up well, it's always been one of my favorites. But I think Zombie's focus on Michael's origin story IS the fresh idea, at least pertaining to the Halloween movie franchise anyway. I mean, we've watched this character wreak havoc on unsuspecting and naive victims for years- I'm intrigued to see how Myers became what he is, it will add depth to his character and probably make him even scarier.

Aren't they remaking everything anyway these days? :) But hey, fresh ideas in the horror genre are very welcome, bring 'em on! Speaking of, I haven't heard of this movie, Trick R Treat...what's the synopsis on that one?..

magickbean
Halloween Master

Post by magickbean » Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:13 am

I have to agree with Dr Strange there. Although it is quite often insightful to see a rework of a film, because you see another interpretation of it, I feel that Halloween was already a classic and it's a shame that Rob Zombie remade the film instead of putting his efforts and skills into a new narrative altogether. It might be good, but I think I will go and see Trick R' Treat instead :D

Laurie - there's a thread in the "Halloween Movies" board about Trick R' Treat I think, and there was a trailer posted although I couldn't personally get it to work on my computer. If you search for it in google you can track down a trailer though, and IMDB has some good info on it, I believe :)