General Halloween Books?

Discussion of general Halloween topics
hauntmaster

General Halloween Books?

Post by hauntmaster » Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:58 pm

Does anyone know where to find or buy halloween books? Have you bought one before? If so, please post it here.

So, anyways, I tried to find any kinds of halloween books at Waldens bookstore and couldn't find anything like that. I like to see if it contains the story about Halloween, history, event, and so on, you know? I am very interested reading that book if they have it in any stores.

tomanderson
Halloween Master

Post by tomanderson » Sun Jul 29, 2007 2:42 pm

I generally get books online, have had good dealings with Alibris.com, they are a collective of different booksellers who have a huge assortment, they have many rare things as well as common things.

Ebay is also a good source.

I recommend "Spooks and Spirits and Shadowy Shapes" (illustrated by Robert Doremus) and also "Ghosts and Goblins" (edited by Wilhelmina Harper). You can find these two books fairly cheap, and sometimes there are nice older copies for sale, the older books have a lot of atmosphere.

Somewhat pricier but well worth it are the photodocument books by Christopher Russell and Pamela Apkarian-Russell. These have lots of color photos of all kinds of vintage collectibles and also more recent items.

geekmidwinter
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by geekmidwinter » Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:01 am

OEJ and I both posted on a thread not too long ago about Halloween reads, look back in the old threads for it, OEJ had some really good recommendations of books about halloween history and such. I'm a totall reader chick, so I'd love anyone's ideas for good Halloween books.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect.

Cadaverino
Haunt Master

Post by Cadaverino » Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:43 pm

tomanderson
Halloween Master

Post by tomanderson » Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:48 pm

Definitely keep those suggestions coming, folks! I love books on Halloween...it is fun to read about spooky topics in a "real" book (as opposed to online) and I love looking at pictures of JOLs.

tantraman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by tantraman » Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:58 pm

I saw the halloween tree for sale in hard back. looks nice.
happy happy halloween silver shamrock.

Please check out our new horror movie blog check our the first post on our new horror movie blog https://horrormoviehallofflames.wordpress.com/

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:08 am

CHA-CHING! Now THERE'S a moderator.

The Library is also a good place!!! ALWAYS!

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:10 am

By the way... Those are great links, too, Wicked!!!

tomanderson
Halloween Master

Post by tomanderson » Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:49 pm

VERY nice links, I have checked some of those out and discovered books I never knew existed...some of these look really neat!

There is something really special about a book, and a Halloween book is additionally special in another way entirely.

geekmidwinter
Haunt Master

Post by geekmidwinter » Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:59 pm

One Eye'd Jack wrote:
CHA-CHING! Now THERE'S a moderator.

The Library is also a good place!!! ALWAYS!
Agreed! Thanks so much for taking the time to do what I couldn't! I knew it was out there somewhere . . . . Yay for more books, all the time!
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect.

tomanderson
Halloween Master

Post by tomanderson » Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:13 pm

I found some wonderful-looking books online, and ordered a couple of them. Fairly low prices...am very excited to read these and look at the pictures.