New member Introduction [old]

Discussion of general Halloween topics
Cadaverino
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Cadaverino » Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:29 pm

Welcome, Angel!

Pull up a chair, and tell us what you like about Halloween.

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:49 pm

Hi Angel222, and welcome back. I look forward to chating with you :D

hauntmaster

Post by hauntmaster » Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:38 pm

Hi Angel!

Welcome to HC forum! Enjoy your staying around here!

So, can you log in?

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:10 am

Welcome back Angel22(2)!! Glad to see you. :lol:
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus

angel222
Haunt Master

Post by angel222 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:02 pm

thanks everyone I do look forward to chatting with all of you.
hello

Halloween_Girl
Haunt Master

Post by Halloween_Girl » Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:53 pm

Nice to meet new members. :)
Beware Beware your in for a scare
The chair is rocking but nobodies there
The owls are mocking the Ghost are stocking
Beware Beware your in for a scare!

GhostLaughter709
Ghost

RE: Hello all - New Member

Post by GhostLaughter709 » Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:57 pm

Hello everyone,

I LOVE HALLOWEEN! Well with that said -- I'm happy to be here. I host a large halloween party for my preteen, a party for the grown up kids (us) and I haunt my yard every year. I planned our city's Halloween event for years and was always did the seasional party's for our elementary school. After all that -- I sleep through most of November. LOL

I've been off all Halloween lists for several years but I still hope I can offer help to everyone and have a few good ideas to share. I know I'll ask a lot of questions since I'm always working on a theme or party.

Happy Hauntings,
GhostLaughter709
"Look! A new dungeon to play in!!! I get the whips!"

hauntmaster

Post by hauntmaster » Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:22 pm

Big Welcome to GL! 8)

My name is Chris and I am the moderator here, and also, there are 3 other mods around here too. So, please call me HauntMaster. :wink:

BTW, have fun and enjoy your postings here!

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:20 pm

Hi GhostLaughter709, and Welcome to our Spooky corner of the web. We're delighted to have you join our goul infested world :D :wink: Holy sure sounds like you were like a Top Halloween Mom, that must have kept you insanely busy. It must be nice to take that break and just focus on your own Halloween haunt now. Well have fun checking out all the many threads on here, there are some great threads to see, and some awesome pictures along the way. Can't remember the threads name, I'm sure you'll find it, but when you do, be sure to post any pictures you have to share with us, we'd love to see them. Also, we're always in search of new creative ideas, so feel free to share you secrets. There's mnay great minds on here, and some of the most fantastic spooky spirits you'll ever meet. Once again, Glad you joined :D

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:11 am

Velcome, GhostLaughter709. I could not have said what DOD said, any better! Velcome Velcome Velcome!

What's the '709'?

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:38 am

Hey EVERYONE!!! Yes I have died and came back from the dead!!!! Yeah, cheezee I know. Sorry it has been forever... It is like I dropped off the face to the earth when it came to my computer... Actually I had to take a brake from it as the summer is here and well new things in my life...family...job... and everything in between has be going on!!!! For the good though, nothing bad... I have missed my little hang out spot on the web and well needed to come and see if I could suck up a bit to get back from the shadows!!!! For a quick low down on things here is a list of top 10 things that have changed over the past couple of months:
1. Diconnected the net from my house for the spring and summer months so I can enjoy the outside world!!! Gardening... camping... beaches ...etc.

2. We have become a official Foster Family and have had a brand spanking new baby with us for about a month... Beautiful baby boy!!! 24 days old today!!!

3. I have moved frm my office position at the association to the Small Option Group homes working with people...LUV IT!!!!! Funny though I am filling in for the regular administrator right now which was my old position at the office while she is on vacation the next couple of weeks so I will have to try and squeeze as much online time in while I have the opportunity!!! As long as I get my work done too though! :roll:

4. My Entire family is off for the summer except me so I need to squeeze in quality family time on the days or hours I have off!!! LOL

5. Ok, well I said top 10 I guess I don't have 10 drastic changes like I felt I did...to Top 4!!!

Anyway I know I haven't been around but I have not lost my Halloween spirit at all!!! Yard sales are the bomb and I have collected soooooo much Halloween stuff I can't wait until September 1 to haul out the rest of my stuff packed away from last year!!! My house is already decorated from the things I have been picking up here and there...
So I have already drew a blue print of the bomb Halloween kids party this year... was brain storming about different games to play and trying to think of a great way to make sure it runs nice and smooth!!!!

Well I will be online most of the time the next few weeks so see ya around and happy haunting!!!!!!
1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You 3, 4, Better Lock Your Door 5, 6, Grab A Crucifix 7, 8, Better Stay Up Late 9, 10, Never Sleep Again

magickbean
Halloween Master

Post by magickbean » Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:53 am

*stands up*

Hello everyone, I'm Claire and I'm from England - the side of the pond that doesn't celebrate Halloween nearly enough for my liking!!! I actually joined last Halloween but this thread wasn't here then and I have resurrected myself today as I start to prepare this year's festivities...

My favourite part of Halloween .. apart from the tingly atmosphere I get in October in general.. is the dressing up. I love costumes - the more OTT, the better. I also love dressing up the house - Halloween decorations are by far the best kind of decorations. I love carving jack o' lanterns and hanging up bats and banners and making my house (and my mum's) look just as OTT as me!!

My favourite thing to do at Halloween is naturally, to have a big party. I love it from the very beginning - making the invitations, decorating the house, making music cds, writing a quiz, preparing games, preparing prizes/goody bags and I love baking and cooking Halloween treats, making the punch and of course - getting ready!!! And then eating and drinking too much and feeling like a glutton, watching my costume slowly become dismantled and my make up sliding off my face and voila - 4am and the party is over. So then my next favourite thing to do is to go to someone else's party!! haha! And of course, re-watching horror movies and my Halloween feel-good classics - Hocus Pocus, The Nightmare Before Christmas and Practical Magic. *feels all tingly and happy just thinking about it*

Here in England we unfortunately don't have the mysterious candy corn and other special Halloween treats.. the closest you get to that is a chocolate pumpkin-shaped lollipop from Thorntons hehe (which I do love..)

For my Halloween costume(s) - (there's always more than one a year) - I love OTT, slightly esoteric things that mean I usually either out-do everyone else at the party or have to explain to everybody who I am lol. Last year I did the Angel of Death (complete with big black feathered wings) and a Gothic Lolita Vampire. This year I am thinking of 2 costumes - Akasha from Queen of the Damned and The Voodoo Lady from Pirates of the Caribbean because I make dreadlocks and I think she would be wicked cool. I'm going to have to work hard on it though as I am a bit too podgy to play either role yet :lol:

witchy
Halloween Master

Post by witchy » Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:04 pm

Hi I am some what new, I Love Halloween !!! My favorite movie The Last Halloween & the Halloween Tree. I have a lot of decorations My fav. colors are Puple & black. I am planning to get an animated doctor this year even though it does not go with the Harry Potter party I am planning. This seem to be a very cool web site, I am very impressed.Witchy

hauntmaster

Post by hauntmaster » Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:01 pm

Hey Pennywise!!! Remember me???

Welcome back to Halloween forum!! Glad to see you come back from the dead! :lol: 8)

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:21 pm

Hey Pennywise11, Holy it's good to see you again, Welcome back! :D I think it's just awesome that you managed to disconnect your pc for the summer and got out and spent time in the great outdoors, and spent time with family and friends thats great! Cause pc's do have a way of isolating you from the world thats for sure. Well I sure hope you had some wonderful experiences during your time away :D
Is it you that had the baby boy in your family, or a relative?? Well regardless congrats on the baby boy, 1 month old, so cool "OH Be sure to check out the baby booties that OEJ posted, they're so so cool"
And congrats on your new job position, that must be exciting for you, wow you've had a lot of change this summer thats for sure. SO you found a lot of cool Halloween stuff at garage sales? thats so cool, I have to hold one here soon myself, but not selling anything Halloween. I go to thrift stores all the time looking for my antique home decor items but theres never any Halloween stuff at them. Although, Value Village does bring out a lot of stuff when they put out their Halloween stuff :D
Well It's nice to have you back with us, look forward to chatting with you, I guess there's a lot of threads now for you to catch up on eh :) :wink: