DECORATING

Discussion of general Halloween topics
pumpkinhead
Zombie

DECORATING

Post by pumpkinhead » Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:32 pm

Has anyone ever been told they put up to many Halloween decorations??my neighbor last year kinda hinted at it ...so I returned the favor last Christmas and I got a response of mind your own business. So this year I plan on decorating in August..can't wait to see his face.

hauntmaster

Post by hauntmaster » Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:44 pm

Hi PH!!!

Me too! I have a lot of work to do before Halloween is coming... I will work everything from inside and outside of my house around the porch, garage, and the driveway.

BTW, for Halloween Decorating section, you can always see http://www.halloween.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=3

halloweenqueen
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by halloweenqueen » Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:41 am

hahaha! thats funny! sounds like your neighbor is a big ol' party pooper!!! I wish I could see his face too! thats gonna be HILARIOUS!!!

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:55 am

LOL!!! Yeah I have been told that in a joking/amazed way I guess. I have things around my house that are Halloween all year round... not like I do at Halloween time though when my enitre house is completely haunted with decorations. I think people just get a kick out of it I guess!!! September 1st is my big day... Everything is coming out!!!!Can't wait!
1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You 3, 4, Better Lock Your Door 5, 6, Grab A Crucifix 7, 8, Better Stay Up Late 9, 10, Never Sleep Again

Slightlymad
Master Reaper

Post by Slightlymad » Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:23 am

To many decorations never heard of such a thing. Like Pennywise said there is stuff up all year and then bang the trailer gets unloaded and everything comes out.

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:04 am

Right on SlightlyMad!!!! Trailer loads!!!! Love it!!!! :twisted:
1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You 3, 4, Better Lock Your Door 5, 6, Grab A Crucifix 7, 8, Better Stay Up Late 9, 10, Never Sleep Again

magickbean
Halloween Master

Post by magickbean » Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:26 pm

I like to put up so many decorations that people cannot possibly use the excuse that they didn't know it was Halloween. The house must be transformed!

Of course, I do this weeks in advance.. so that might confuse them as to why Halloween is going on for so long :lol: for me it's all year round..

Slightlymad
Master Reaper

Post by Slightlymad » Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:15 am

magickbean wrote:I like to put up so many decorations that people cannot possibly use the excuse that they didn't know it was Halloween. The house must be transformed!

Of course, I do this weeks in advance.. so that might confuse them as to why Halloween is going on for so long :lol: for me it's all year round..
If we have to tolerate that other holiday being out for better than six weeks every year than they can just be confused. Besides if they can not or will not read my count down since the foo foo on them.

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:55 am

I say the more decorations the merrier. They should get more into the halloween spirit!
"Drink up me 'earties Yo Ho. Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me!"

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:52 am

Hey people, how do you all store your goodies, tupperware type containers? I'm needing to figure out a storage system that will create organization and safe keeping of my goodies :) Look forward to any tips you might have :wink:

brimac35
Zombie

Post by brimac35 » Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:09 am

Those huge tupperware containers are what the wife and I use . Between all my Halloween Stuff and the wifes Xmas stuff , the basement is crammed full .
Thursdays , I never could really get the hang of Thursdays .

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:31 am

Yup that is exactly what I use - rubbermaide makes them as well as many others. I also use large christmas tree bags for my outdoor decorations because they get a little dirty.
"Drink up me 'earties Yo Ho. Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me!"

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:08 pm

Big old rubbermaid containers...there are so many I've lost track. Keeps things clean and dry and keeps out pesky pests that like to tear stuff up to make their nests. :roll:
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus

tomanderson
Halloween Master

Post by tomanderson » Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:41 am

I actually have a lot of monster stuff up year round...also some Disney stuff but the monster stuff is mainly what I have. And I always have a pumpkin or two around.

But I have a box with the decorations...this is a cardboard box, pretty big so I can put cardboard decorations inside and also smaller goodies. I don't really have a lot of Halloween decorations, just a good-size boxful, enough to dress a few windows or maybe a room with a variety of little things. I don't want it to get too big, but I like to have some around because I always do a little decorating around Halloweentime.

What all is in the Halloween Box, exactly? Well, there's some cardboard cutout things (jack-o-lanterns, a couple of different-size glow skeletons from Beistle, some other stuff); couple of plastic JOL pails, different designs, a lot of plastic spiders and snakes, a package of spider rings and glow fangs which I sometimes give out as gifts, also rubber bats and things, large plastic rat and some wiggly rubber monsters. There's probably a few more things but that's basically what's in there.

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:48 am

Yeah, a one point they had black and orange rubbermaids a couple of years ago when I lived in the city, I picked up a couple but in all honesty I have 4 bit cubbie holes in my upstairs and I have two of them jammed with my scary treasures!!!