Halloween Town . . . What Do You Think?

Discussion of general Halloween topics
GhostLaughter709
Ghost

Halloween Town . . . What Do You Think?

Post by GhostLaughter709 » Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:32 pm

Hello all,

I'm new to the list and as I was posting my intro where I mentioned a daydream I have a lot. I thought it might made a good thread so here goes.

I would love to start a town just for us weener's to retire in . . . think Halloween 365! Then I got to wondering what others would like to have -- houses, decorations, cars in a Halloween Town . . . including a non-copywritered name (don't tell Disney on me!!) :lol: Any thoughts you'd like to add and share with me or anyone else that would enjoy this thread? Oh and the first thing I want to mention is . . . in my daydream . . . Tim Burton will be a resident!!! Here's food for thought:

Q. How should the town look as you approach and drive between the arched entrance? What would the arches or gates look like??

Q. What kind of a house would you design for yourself, your yard and most importantly . . . what kind of car would you drive? Hurse or a coffin car?

Q. How should the rest of the town look like? Buildings, markets and streets? How often would there be ToTing? Other Halloween related activities??

I hope everyone has as much fun thinking about this town of my dreams as I have and not think it's too silly. I look forward to reading what I'm sure will be interesting ideas and thoughts. I'm tied up (oh how I wish!) with a wedding this weekend so I won't be able to reply until maybe Sunday. :?

Happy Hauntings,
GhostLaughter709
"Look! A new dungeon to play in!!! I get the whips!"

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:00 am

Hey GhostLaughter709, my what a huge cave of bats you've just opened up, just wonderful! :D Well my mind is just steaming with ideas, but I'll have to post them another time as I really must go to bed. But the very first image that did pop into my mind, was in regards to the entryway way arch, there's should be beautiful old stone looking collums with Large Gargoyles with wings that move and red eyes that glow and fog that comes out of thier mouths as you approach the gates, like a welcoming, they could even say something to that affect. Oh, and black old creepy looking trees, like the Lemax Spookytown ones, except that they would have old English moss hanging from them, and well there could be a very long creepy winding road to come into the Village and along one side could be an eerie swamp of sorts. Lots of Ravens would fly high above following our guests as they appraoch our spooky village, to approve or disapprove of their visitation and send warnings to all residents of any unsavry characters coming our way. Witches herbs and spices would linger through out the air & warm Apples sider scent.
ANyways, this is just off the top while I'm beat here, will post more on the topic after a few zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Halloween_Girl
Haunt Master

Post by Halloween_Girl » Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:42 am

Testing something.
Beware Beware your in for a scare
The chair is rocking but nobodies there
The owls are mocking the Ghost are stocking
Beware Beware your in for a scare!

Cadaverino
Haunt Master

Post by Cadaverino » Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:31 pm

Halloween Town should be built on a much-varied topography, with hills and valleys and unexpected nooks and crannies. On a hill looming over one side of town will be a haunted mansion like the one at Disneyland Paris, in Second Empire style, with weeping willows and one huge tree, as tall as the mansion itself, lit from top to bottom in jack-o'-lanterns that bob and flicker gently in the wind at night.

On another side of town, a cemetery built on a gentle hillside covered in oak trees, with statuary of angels and the Grim Reaper, family monuments, and mausoleums. All hearses through our cemetery would be horse-drawn.

The town should be built as a seaside port, with a lighthouse and foghorn, that would guide ships through the fog, although shipwrecks on the nearby rocks testify that some storms are unavoidable hazards in Halloween Town.

The street plan would be very European, with winding, twisting streets and only a few broad avenues. Cobblestones pave the streets in some of the older neighborhoods, while other neighborhoods look like the street you lived on when you first went trick-or-treating.

The countryside around our Halloween Town would be agricultural, with fields of wheat, corn, barley, and guarded over by a wide variety of scrarecrows. On the horizon is an abandoned windmill whose arms slowly creek in movement, casting long, ominous shadows on the ground at sunset.