Your scariest Halloween experience?

Discussion of general Halloween topics
Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Your scariest Halloween experience?

Post by Nostalgiascape » Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:11 pm

Your scariest Halloween experience? Let's hear them folks.
The dark night beckons. Bear us your soul, it whispers. Expose your wicked delights. Join the rest of us on the wind. The dark night beckons and we answer. Sailing into the shadows.

uncletor
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by uncletor » Sat Aug 04, 2007 2:59 am

This one is the funniest AND the most scary...very traumatic...the family DENIED this took place for YEARS...bit of a scandal, so I've changed a couple of details, but not central to the story.
Okay, first know that Gramma was a spitfire.
Lady had NO use for anything that was second hand knowledge and did NOT suffer fools gladly. She encouaged us to find out for ourselves.Not to believe folk lore, old wives tales, urban legends.
You know, question authority.
And one of the biggest beefs she had was with the Ouija board.
She was there, at ground zero when it first came out. Three guys made it who wanted to get some long green. They went broke but their foreman...took it over and made it a gold mine for his family. So it wasn't old, or EGYTPIAN or named after Egyptian gods...hells bells, they found Tuts' tomb when she was a kid and she knew the names of all the big time gods...She even read the papers and found out that it was moved by folks who didn't KNOW they were moving... called intermotor activity if memory serves. A simple test usually backs this up. Blind fold the folks at the board. The stuff they get usually comes out gibberish. It also helped as a young woman she was just able to vote then at the beginning of the century and allowed to drive a car...as I said somewhere else, just going to a horror film unescourted was as scandalous as smoking opium.
So imagine what KIND of answers you would give consciously or unconsciusly if you were never paid attention to, and suddenly get the chance to REALLY screw with some people's minds...
I took a while to go through this so you can appreciate what happens next.
She rigged a magnetic schtick on the Ouija board. Able to move it at will. I don't want to get too detailed here on the boards construciton, and you are about to see why.
She sits her gulliable sister down and does it to her. Moves the dang thing to 'yes' and the sister loses bladder control, screams,and runs out of the house..it took a while to find her.
So the board goes up in the attic...
Time passes.
It is brought down when I am a kid. Still looks like a regular Ouija board if you don't see the back. Tells us we can try and USE it if we like.
We sit down and the thing starts to MOOOOVE to the far corner..ON IT'S OWN...
And guess who comes in...her gulliable sister....by now these ladies are our grandmother and grand aunt..they are supposed to be serious old ladies,
Right in front of us...right there...gulliable grand aunt sees the thingy moving and FAINTS.
And also right then, the sink choses to BACK UP...just the noise, that deep gurgle that sort of sounds like a frog...
but here is the kicker...sister had asked if someone was going to DIE..
We're KIDS...our hair is standing up like Don King...I'm too FREAKED to do anything..the one sister cries...anoher relative runs out to get help...
And grandma gets the board and is showing us how it works to calm us down...everyone is crying by now and screaming...and the aunt wakes up goes RIGHT OUT OF HER CUG and BEANS her with it, stuns her..Gramma hits the floor...DAD comes in and sees GRAMMA on the floor and thinks what we ran to tell him was true and we just got the wrong relative...

It all went south from there...

EVENTUALLy Gramma gets her point across about how magic is just science we aren't seeing...and that we are sooooo quick to through logic out the window when we are surprized..but that took a LOT of time..
That's why I didn't tell you HOW it was built...
You don't need the aggravation...
Future events such as these will effect you in the future

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:38 pm

HA! Uncletor that's a great story! I've got a few myself that I'll share when I have more time.

NEXT!

uncletor
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by uncletor » Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:00 am

One cool postcript...
a friend rigged one of those magnet games where the bugs or cars or whatever run around and bump into each other to run the planchette or pointer or whatever you want to call it. So you'd have this thing buzzing and running and rumbling on top of the board. It was placed in front of two halloween figures around a table he had dressed up sitting there staring at it..looked damn effective.
Future events such as these will effect you in the future