Play the death march, i'm doomeded

Discussion of general Halloween topics
Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Play the death march, i'm doomeded

Post by Nostalgiascape » Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:57 pm

I am starting my diet this weekend. ARGH! White meat, fish, and veggies. 1200 calorie a day count. Running. Hep me Hep me.
The dark night beckons. Bear us your soul, it whispers. Expose your wicked delights. Join the rest of us on the wind. The dark night beckons and we answer. Sailing into the shadows.

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:26 am

Good luck, there, buddy. I was just talking to a good friend of mine on the phone telling him how when I started my job, back in late February, I weighed 200 lbs, on the nose and after three months, I lost a full 30 pounds!!!!! Now, without doing anything but work, I'm at a steady 162 to 165 range and I feel great. I can tie my shoes again without losing my breath.

Again, Good luck, NOS. It'll be worth it! The rewards will outweigh the pains of discipline!

hauntmaster

Post by hauntmaster » Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:39 am

Sorry, I am the RED MEAT eater!!! I really can't help/...

Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master

Post by Nostalgiascape » Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:46 am

One Eye'd Jack wrote:Good luck, there, buddy. I was just talking to a good friend of mine on the phone telling him how when I started my job, back in late February, I weighed 200 lbs, on the nose and after three months, I lost a full 30 pounds!!!!! Now, without doing anything but work, I'm at a steady 162 to 165 range and I feel great. I can tie my shoes again without losing my breath.

Again, Good luck, NOS. It'll be worth it! The rewards will outweigh the pains of discipline!
I do thank you. I have recently lost 22 lbs. I intend to keep on rolling with it.
The dark night beckons. Bear us your soul, it whispers. Expose your wicked delights. Join the rest of us on the wind. The dark night beckons and we answer. Sailing into the shadows.

magickbean
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by magickbean » Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:10 am

Dieting is a hard thing to do, and I have much empathy with you. I am also trying to lose weight through good diet and exercise. I lost 4 stone (56lbs) a couple of years ago and since I moved and lost my gym membership, and started the student lifestyle... :P... I have put some of it back on. I'm trying to slim down for my Halloween party and I lost 4 stone in 3 months last time, so I'm hoping if I repeat my good work, I'll do it again.

My advice is, (should you choose to accept it lol) to not treat your diet too harshly. Make sure that you DO treat yourself now and then. Say, once a week relax your diet to include whatever you fancy. You'll find that one day of having a few beers or having a piece of cake won't make a difference to your overall weight loss, but it will make you feel more contented and less likely to "fall off the wagon", as it were. Also, if you are exercising - i.e running - you should be making sure that you consume a minumum of 1, 400 a day for your health and for optimum weight loss. Any less than that and you will end up reaching the infamous "plateau" where you get stuck at the same weight a few weeks down the line, because your body will think you are starving and start storing as much fat as poss. Also don't forget that if you're exercising you'll be building up muscle mass and lean muscle tissue, although weighing more than fat so you may find some weeks you put weight on or don't lose any, will actually help you lose fat. The higher percentage of lean muscle tissue in your body, the higher your metabolic rate, so running with weight bands is a great idea if you can do it :D

Best of luck and if you want diet support PM me!!! I'd be grateful for support too because I am quite weak-willed when it comes to avoiding cheese and wine.. my biggest vices! :oops:

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:53 am

Gulp... oooo diets are so hard to follow in my experience... I have come to accept the fact that I have a eating disorder... I love to eat...too much... hmmm don't mean to offend anyone by that, becuase real eating disorders are not to be taken lightly... anyway I am a fairly active person and do my best to stay away from the grocery iles in the stores that are too tempting... I commend people that are successful at setting a goal and reaching it as it is a tremendously self motivating experience and if done to the end I am sure is sooooo rewarding... Anyway good luck and we'll be here to help ya along the way!!!
1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You 3, 4, Better Lock Your Door 5, 6, Grab A Crucifix 7, 8, Better Stay Up Late 9, 10, Never Sleep Again

LawP
Haunt Master

Post by LawP » Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:35 am

Good Luck to you NOS! At 5 foot even I have no room for extra pounds...but they seem to find their own way. :roll: I wish you much success and will be pulling for ya. :D
Don't drink and fly...

halloweenqueen
Haunt Master

Post by halloweenqueen » Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:15 pm

NOS! I hope you do great! Im sure you will! You have all of us here to help support you! Much like everyone else, I too am battling with weight. Have been for years. I've been losing weight though here in the last 6+ mos. Last time I checked, which was about 3 or 4 weeks ago, I had lost 40lbs. Not bad but still more to go! Anyhow, like everyone else has already said, whenever you need support, just let us know and we'll be here for ya! GOOD LUCK!!! :D :D :D

Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master

Post by Nostalgiascape » Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:44 pm

I certainly am thankful for all the support. I guess I just finally decided that i'm tired of being unattractive and i'm trying to do something about it. It will be a struggle, but i'll give it hell.

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:24 pm

Hey Nos, good luck with your diet. Great accomplishments come from baby steps! And just to let you in on a few things that I find helpful are; Eat Breakfast, Even if its only some fresh fruit, it really helps with your metabolism, munch on fresh fruit & beggies throughout the day to avoid bloodsugar highs & lows which lead people to grab that bag of chips cause they are starving. Try to eat your heavy meals by 4 or 5 pm, especally starches like potatoes and the like, make you're larger portions of your dinner mean salads and veggies. Drink lots of Water, Try not to eat anything after 8pm so that your body can digest your food, helps improve sleeping also as your body can focus on repairs & rest instead of digesting which takes a lot of energy which takes away from restful sleep.
ANyways, there's lots more I could mention, if you're interested just pm me. Best wishes in achieving your goals :D

Cadaverino
Haunt Master

Post by Cadaverino » Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:41 pm

You can do it, Nostalgiascape! Since January, I've lost 65 pounds by doing an hour of cardio exercise five times a week (invigorating, not exhausting), eating a low carb diet (cheeseburgers, steaks, bacon and eggs, yum!), and taking nutritional supplements. To hell with those low fat, calorie-counting diets, I say! :P

More about the Atkins Nutritional Approach.

Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master

Post by Nostalgiascape » Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:38 pm

65 lbs, that is so awesome Cadaverino. Next check, i'm getting me key to the apt complex gym.

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:00 am

Hey Nos, How are you making on with your diet? I hope its going well for you and that you are still feeling positive about it all as it will pay off in time :D

Dr Strange

Post by Dr Strange » Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:02 am

Keep us posted on your journey there, it always helps to talk it through. By the way, Bob Green has a book called the "Best Life Diet" that details a very healthy and easy to follow path of exercise and moderation you might find helpful. Just FYI...

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:08 pm

NOS - Good luck, I just joined a gym yesterday but have luckily found at least 5 of my close friends and family who belong to the same one. SO I have some support to get my lazy butt there a few times a week.
"Drink up me 'earties Yo Ho. Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me!"