When?

Discussion of general Halloween topics
Cadaverino
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Cadaverino » Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:15 pm

Official Salem, Mass. tourist site. Pull down the menu, select "Halloween", and click the "go" button.

Or go to the Salem events calendar, select "October" from the pull down menu, and click the "go" button.

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:54 pm

Darn skippy, Cadaverino....I have been looking at that website for a good while now, I want to stay at the Hawthorne Hotel and go to the Halloween Ball. That would be heaven to me, thousands of costumed people, food and drink!! Yippee!!!
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus

LawP
Haunt Master

Post by LawP » Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:52 am

Hooch, me and a good friend were planning on going to Salem this year and actually started snooping around for accommodations in November last year! Already the Hawthorne was booked solid during the ball weekend. We cancelled our trip but plan to do it in the future. I think it would be a lovely place for all of us to meet sometime. :D
Don't drink and fly...

Athenagwis
Crypt Keeper

Post by Athenagwis » Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:12 pm

Oh yeah it's a zoo done there that time of year. In case you are unfamiliar with the town, they are famous (or infamous) for their witch trials in the late 17th century. So they obviously do a lot of things around that, and then they do just about everything else you can think of for Halloween there. They even have a haunted house year round that's called "Frankenstein’s Laboratory" I haven’t' seen that one yet since my son is too young to go with us, but I hope to check it out soon enough!! We did walk through a graveyard that was all 17th and 18th century headstones; it was really awesome and gave me some great ideas for tombstones for my yard this year.

Rachel

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:39 pm

OMG LawP....

Now there's a plan....

The Halloween.Com Chat Forum 1ST Annual "Family" Reunion!!!

In Salem, Mass.

Brilliant!!

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:24 am

Well I was just looking at the Calender and there is only approx21 more days before I digg out my treasures... I am hopeing to decorate the first week, I might not go all out at first, do my main indoor stuff except the cieling coverings and stuff .... save them for the next following weeks but by October for sure I will be COMPLETELY decked out... I am just excited about looking at, and enjoy the little treasures that totally make me feel good to be around... .... September 1st here we come!
1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You 3, 4, Better Lock Your Door 5, 6, Grab A Crucifix 7, 8, Better Stay Up Late 9, 10, Never Sleep Again

MyersFan1
Halloween Master

Post by MyersFan1 » Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:34 pm

yep stuff will be out very soon....no doubt

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:14 am

I've been going to all our Large Retail Stores: Wal-Mart, Zellers, Superstore, Sears, PriceSmart, Canadian Tire, even all the other smaller stores as well. They see me coming and laugh :lol:
ANyways, they've all been telling me Mid to Late Aug. After all the back to school stuff is dealt with, and our Zellers promised me that they're bringing in way more stuff, and better quality this year, so I'm hoping it will be worth the wait. :D

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:16 am

Grizzy Giant, Welcome! Yep you're not the only crazy goul out there, does it make you feel better? Now you can tell your friends and family you don't need to be locked up :lol:
Well, enjoy looking through the many threads and I hope you stick around throughout the year :)

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:22 am

Athenagwis, I would love to go to Salem Ma, that would be wonderful! I think it would be an awesome place to holiday. By the way, nice score on the flea market goblets. I'm actually selling again this fall at the flea market here, so we can finish getting unpacked, sounds crazy I know, but such is our life :lol:

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:34 am

Cadaverino, Thank-You for posting the Salem Site, you're a doll! I will be checking that site out for sure..

MammaHooch, A Halloween ball, OMG! I'm in heaven now! They really have a massive ball, is it something beautiful like on Van Helsing?? What a marvellous idea to have our first family reunion there, oh my, I can just see it now, wouldn't that be phenomenal if we could! We could book that Hotel just for all of us! Oh, what will it take to win the freakin lotto! :D I will be all over this now if I ever did win, oh dear, get my head out of the clouds, daydreaming here now..
LawP, could you just imagine! We'd all be like a bunch of giggling witches :lol:
Ok, must think boring Reality here, but we can dream can't we :?:

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:03 pm

Hey don't want to just bump in, but geesh... I would totally be up for something like that!!! All getting together in Salem!!! It would be soooo great... We could dress up... chit chat.. have the beautiful ball in which you spook of re: Van Helsing.... Would be FANTASITIC... A dream to be more percise... the ball, the coffee shops, the just being with mind like people... well I have to say I never expeirence that except within myself and my children... and my spouse along for the ride... I do find outside people seem to draw to "HALLOWEEN FOLK" like ourself during the month of Oct but to actually be at a gathering..... Well Gathering of the Gruesome Convention... (what I call my kids Halloween parties... going on my 3rd this year).. would be well magical!

Lotto yes...unfortnately... dreams tend to take a lot of of mula if it calls for travel.. :roll: but I have to say if a year or two notice, I would diffinitely be in for something like that so I could budget.. Witches... we would unite!!! LOL.. Geesh.. do I sound craZy?
1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You 3, 4, Better Lock Your Door 5, 6, Grab A Crucifix 7, 8, Better Stay Up Late 9, 10, Never Sleep Again

mamawof2
Master Reaper

Post by mamawof2 » Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:07 pm

It would be so awesome to meet up with everyone and to do it in Salem would be unreal.

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:28 pm

I'm tellin' you guys....pick a year, 2008...2009...give us all time to make plans ans save money, and...

The Hallowee.Com Chat Forum 1ST Annul "Family" Reunion

...could be a reality!!!!! This bears further discussion and figuring out, but man-o-man would I love to meet you guys up there....

A WITCH CAN DREAM CAN'T SHE????
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Mr.Halloween
Ghost

Post by Mr.Halloween » Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:15 am

Most large retailers such as Wallmart, Zellers, Target, etc, will begin merchandising their Halloween inventory after the "Back To School" promotion is done with and that is usually around the second week of September. They may trickle certain items out before then such as candy but not much else.

Secondary retail outlets and specialty stores will start stocking their shelves within the next week or so.

Stores like Costco have both Christmas and Halloween out now with inventory varying from store to store.