DECORATING

Discussion of general Halloween topics
LawP
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by LawP » Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:12 am

Kmart, Walmart, similar type stores, usually carry the big black and orange tubs. My Christmas stuff is in green and red - makes it easier to know which tubs to pull each year. I stay away from cardboard boxes if possible (found too many eight-legged "residents" when I opened them!). For Halloween wreaths I have a pole that goes across my porch closet and I hang them up instead of flattening them in a tub. I have yet to figure out how to store the big stuff...like my yard stakes and big cauldron. :?
Don't drink and fly...

tomanderson
Halloween Master

Post by tomanderson » Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:43 pm

Such creative storage variations!

I was going to mention that I "haunt" the local thrift stores around Halloween time. They bring out all the spooky stuff because they figure it will sell best around that time (a logical assumption). And SOMETIMES, they have some OLD stuff. As in, vintage decorations that someone might have thrown away. Last year, I found a plastic jack-o-lantern pail from the 60's at least...I would say mid to late 60's. The orange plastic is faded but still looks good, and for the strap, instead of a plastic strap, there is actually a rope attached. It's awesome! and it cost like 50 cents.

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:47 pm

Yeah I love the different Thrist places... Frenchys etc.... They have such treasures... I have been lucky enough to find stuff all year but yeah fall is the best time though... they have a costume bin all year round, a great place to get stuff to make a really wicked costume!!! Such fun treasure hunting! Great buy for you!
1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You 3, 4, Better Lock Your Door 5, 6, Grab A Crucifix 7, 8, Better Stay Up Late 9, 10, Never Sleep Again

tomanderson
Halloween Master

Post by tomanderson » Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:58 pm

Oh yes, and also, I have a small blacklight fixture, very small self-contained unit with a 16" fluorescent tube. Have had the thing for 15 years now or something like that, I take care of it and use it only once in a while. Very good for illuminating a small area when one needs that glow-thing to glow steadily. Good thing to have for general haunting purposes.

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:19 am

Hey Everyone, Be sure to check out Mr.Halloweens 2006 yard haunt pictures and other additional halloween display pictures he's posted. To see them go to " Page 11 of New Member Introduction" They are just astonishing, just marvellous!! :D :D I'm speachless! ANd to think he lives practically in my backyard, must go there :D :wink: