Halloween Candy Swap

Discussion of general Halloween topics
mamawof2
Master Reaper
What is the highest number?: 9

I'm in

Post by mamawof2 » Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:09 pm

Sounds like a lot of fun. Please keep me up to date.

magickbean
Halloween Master

Post by magickbean » Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:31 pm

Ooooooh wow lots of replies!! I am away from the internet for a day and everything takes off! :o lol

To answer some queries:

Money: I think if we set a limit, say £5/$10 ish that would be fine. You can go a bit under or over depending on your means and how much you find! Some people on the other forum I belong to go a bit mad with this sort of thing and end up spending a small fortune :? but don't forget heavy things are going to be more expensive to post!

Postage: As long as the package is relatively small and light, it shouldn't cost too much to ship. If you have the means, sending packages via "tracked" or recorded delivery is best, so that you can chase it up if it should go missing. For UK to US, there is http://www.royalmail.com, but I'm not sure what the main US mail carrier is?

Candy in the mail: If this was during summer then indeed, chocolate or soft things can be tricky to send as they melt in the heat. As it will be autumn I don't think that this would be a big issue. If you are at all worried about chocolate melting, send gummy sweets or hard candy instead. Candy, being mainly made of sugar, is pretty resiliant to most things, including travel, and so as long as it is well packaged, there shouldn't be a problem.

Swap partners: Following the format of past candy swaps from the other forum I'm on, I'll write a small questionaire about the kind of candy you like and dislike, any allergies you might have and any preferences of flavour etc. I'll PM them to everyone who's "in" and then get everyone to return their completed questionaires. Then I'll try and match everyone up to a swap partner (I'll try to make sure they are international swaps, but obviously that might not be possible if we have a majority from one country...) And then I will PM you the completed questionaire of your swap buddy so that you have a really good idea of what they will like - voila easy to buy for!

We can do it one of two ways though, either a "Secret Santa" type swap, where we don't reveal swap partners, or one where swap partners are revealed so you can add your own personal touch :)

Dutchess of Darkness I completely forgot you guys did a gift swap! I joined the forum too late to do that last year and it had completely slipped my mind. Maybe we could incorporate the two somehow? Do you know who's organising it? :o

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:20 am

Hey Magickbean, For the Gift exchange in May I think it was, I believe it was Mandy0221 that organized it, she did a wonderful job at it too :D

LawP
Haunt Master

Post by LawP » Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:10 am

I'm in on the candy swap! Sounds like fun. :D
Don't drink and fly...

Hdunlopclark
Master Reaper

Post by Hdunlopclark » Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:38 am

Do you know you said to in corperate the two.
Maby we could do the gift basket type of thing in a cardbord box with a price limit we could put all types of things in it like a halloween garland with some candies or a cheepish pumpkin carving kit or things like that to prepare us for the big day

Just a idea

Tell me what you think!!

magickbean
Halloween Master

Post by magickbean » Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:56 am

I think that sounds like a lovely idea!!! :D

General opinion to those that are in on the candy swap - a £5/$10 candy only swap or a £5-10/$10-20 candy + halloween treat gift box exchange? :o

I would put a poll up but I don't seem to be able to do that once a post has been made and I don't want to take over the forum with posts! :oops: lol

Halloween_Girl
Haunt Master

Post by Halloween_Girl » Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:21 pm

Seems fun but, I'm out sry. I have a friend in UK that can send me a little something. Sry. :(
Beware Beware your in for a scare
The chair is rocking but nobodies there
The owls are mocking the Ghost are stocking
Beware Beware your in for a scare!

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:49 pm

Hey Hdunlopclark & Magickbean, The Summer Halloween gift exchange we did was lots of fun. And yes, gifts and candy were together. Check out the thread, "If I remember " it was called Summer Halloween Gift exchange. And yes another will be planned for Halloween of course. Mandy0221 did an awesome job at organizing it :D

Hdunlopclark
Master Reaper

Post by Hdunlopclark » Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:25 pm

I have created a new link so i can see when people want in and it is

http://www.halloween.com/bb/viewtopic.php?p=12191#12191

Please may you post on this one from now on so i can keep track

Thanks

tantraman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by tantraman » Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:31 pm

ahh good ole candy actuallly to me candy is the least important part but that is me I love going trick or treating but i would be happy if everyone gave me shaving cream
happy happy halloween silver shamrock.

Please check out our new horror movie blog check our the first post on our new horror movie blog https://horrormoviehallofflames.wordpress.com/