Halloween Drinks???

Discussion of general Halloween topics
Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:58 am

Hey HM, maybe the <deleted> drinkers are on a "Adult Based Halloween Website forum" ! Lets think of the younger spooky spirits we have on here that need a non-alcholic punch, any ideas for a good Virgin Halloween Drink.
Lets make sure our younger members have some ideas of cool spooky drinks they could conjour up

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:33 am

Man I never really thought about halloween drinks. I love all of the ideas so I am certainly going to have to try some this year
"Drink up me 'earties Yo Ho. Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me!"

hauntmaster

Post by hauntmaster » Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:50 am

DOD,

Thank you for letting me know... I am not the one that started making this thread. A member "HalloweenQueen" posted this thread of her idea here. :wink:

hauntmaster

Post by hauntmaster » Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:01 pm

Have you checked this website yet?

http://www.webtender.com/specials/halloween

magickbean
Halloween Master

Post by magickbean » Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:53 pm

Wow thanks for the link hauntmaster there are some great ideas for drinks on there!! I'll be pinching a few of those recipes for my party, that's for sure.

In fact, why wait til the party? Hehe!

Does anyone here use dry ice in their punch? Where do you buy it? I have been contemplating getting some for a couple of years but I'm clueless where to get it from and how to store it until I need it.. and I'm a little worried about burning myself on it! :shock:

hauntmaster

Post by hauntmaster » Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:59 pm

Magikbean,

Dry ice??? What is it?

magickbean
Halloween Master

Post by magickbean » Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:10 pm

Dry ice is ice that is, effectively, solid carbon dioxide! As it melts it steams, giving an eerie smoky effect. It looks amazing when it's in a big cauldron of punch! :D

hauntmaster

Post by hauntmaster » Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:10 pm

Thank you for that information about dry ice. I will check and see if I can find that one. :wink:

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:05 pm

They sell dry ice at the grocery store here. It is in a coller up near the bags of ice.

They are really neat to use in punches and stuff but it can burn your skin and CAN NOT be consumed. So you have to be VERY Careful
"Drink up me 'earties Yo Ho. Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me!"

hauntmaster

Post by hauntmaster » Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:12 am

I've found 2 of dry ice images shown below:

And also:

tomanderson
Halloween Master

Post by tomanderson » Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:20 am

Hot tea with some cinnamon, ginger and clove and a little bit of honey in it!

halloweenqueen
Haunt Master

Post by halloweenqueen » Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:53 pm

these are all great ideas! thanks everyone! i was wondering about the dry ice too...like if it would be safe to put in a punch or something...i suppose it would be as long as no one consumed it right???

hauntmaster

Post by hauntmaster » Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:35 am

FYI: I'd prefer just to stick to my own fog machine. Dry ice isn't the safest thing to keep laying around. Not that it'll last long.

And also, the reason is... It is not 100% safe because since it is so cold, dry ice can cause severe frostbite and permanent skin damage, if you hold it in your hand.

BTW: If you still need some DRY ICE, go see http://www.dryicedirectory.com
Last edited by hauntmaster on Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

tomanderson
Halloween Master

Post by tomanderson » Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:22 am

It's true...dry ice is great and gives a great effect when immersed in water--boiling clouds of cold, low-hanging mist--but it is not the safest stuff, and if your guests do not know about it, they may unknowingly try to pick up a piece and injure themselves with it in the process.

hauntmaster

Post by hauntmaster » Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:23 pm

I'm bringing this thread back up again because I got something to say here...

Ghostphase310 adviced me about this halloween drink... He says you can also take sorbert in a gallon, pour some soda drink Sprite, and add vodka. It's cool because it starts foaming and smoking, so it's that total halloween effect. :wink: