Does your obsession get worse every year?

Discussion of general Halloween topics
Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:07 am

Hey HOSGAARA, Here's my two cents worth on your costume options. I've seen a lot of Evil Pixies, and Punk/Goth Pixies, but I've never seen a Goth Raggity Anne or a Goth/Punk Ballerina, so I personally like the idea of either of the last two. Whichever you decide, be sure to post a picture of yourself for us to see afterwards ok, good luck and I'm sure you'll dazzle everyone no matter what you end up being :D

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:10 am

Zombies, Hi it's nice to meet you & welcome :D Congrats on buying a new home, I can't wait to see how you decorate it for Halloween, you planning on posting pictures afterwards?

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:16 am

LittleDollClaudia, Nice to see you again. What a score on all those decorations! Way to go! If you're in a house or townhouse could you buy or build another room, or put a shed outside with a lock and alarm if need be?? I'm sure you'll find room, in fact I'm sure you will :D

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:41 am

YES :P

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:03 am

Hey OEJ, You have to check out the Link to a store website that SPooky posted, they have a lot of great stuff, and most stuff at awesome prices, it's called ShinDigz!

Hallow's Queen
Haunt Master

Post by Hallow's Queen » Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:54 pm

first year i had my party was in fifth grade ...my friend said we should have a halloween party and at first i was like naaaaa...but then i felt like doing the party so this is my forth year doing the party and every year i start planing ealry and ealry!!!!I LOVE IT!!!!
H a l l o w ' s Q u e e n

Image Image

Hdunlopclark
Master Reaper

Post by Hdunlopclark » Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:33 pm

to put it in to a word

yes!

Harry

magickbean
Halloween Master

Post by magickbean » Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:55 pm

I definitely think my obsession snowballs every year..

.. and so does the amount of money I spend! :oops:

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:04 am

LOL... :oops: yeah I can relate to the money issue too! LOL... its all worth it though I believe..... I don't go too crazy before Halloween as I wait until after and get everything half price!!! Man I forget the stuff I bought last year becuase I do remember coming home with my bags of new treasures and packing it right away so it will be all a bit mystery on Sept 1st!!! A vicious and wickedly delightful process!!! :twisted:
1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You 3, 4, Better Lock Your Door 5, 6, Grab A Crucifix 7, 8, Better Stay Up Late 9, 10, Never Sleep Again

LawP
Haunt Master

Post by LawP » Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:13 am

Mine definitely gets worse each year. Penny, I too take advantage of the after sales. Last year I picked up quite a bit and had to quickly stash it away before anyone caught on (supposed to be Christmas shopping :shock: ) I can't wait to see what I bought! :D
Don't drink and fly...

tomanderson
Halloween Master

Post by tomanderson » Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:33 am

I can't remember if I answered this question before. Thinking about this now, I would say not really...it's been the same for so many years.

I have definitely spent more money on Halloween in some years previous...back in the 90's I spent nearly a hundred dollars on a PUMPKIN...yes, a single pumpkin. But it was really HUGE, the biggest darn pumpkin I'd ever seen, and I still have not seen one bigger, although I'm sure there must be. I think it weighed about 95 pounds and I could not carry it--skin was slippery--and I had to roll it into the car and out of the car.

Collections can accumulate, of course, so my little collection grows a little bit each year and now contains a few vintage Halloween items and some books on the subject.

Mr.Halloween
Ghost

Post by Mr.Halloween » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:48 am

It all depends on how much money I can afford to spend at the time ... but in my humble opinion 'Bigger is Better'! :)

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:57 pm

Hey people, Yes Mine has really been getting a tad crazy the past couple of years, I mean this year already I've been shopping, but like LawP I "try" to hit all the after sales, but you know, if there's something I just adore, I'm usually to worried that it will be gone to wait to long :oops: But I am picky about what I like so I think that helps a lot, thank goodness :wink: And I do a Halloween Savings so that helps too.
And Well, I plan I selling a whole bunch of past home decor stuff and most of my Xmas stuff so I can have more savings for Halloween :) I'm not into decorating really for xmas ,well I do a Gothic xmas tree, just a mini one, and thats about it, oh and some lights sometimes. BUt I do have tones of xmas decorations from years ago, so those will all be sold to make money for Halloween decor :D

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:23 pm

Thought I'd bump this one back up to see if anyone had any comments to add to it :D

kallie0509

Post by kallie0509 » Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:30 pm

thanks for bringing this one back up DOD. i do believe that my obssession gets stronger every year, but hey, that's ok by me. i love halloween so much, sometimes i believe that i could just go crazy and drift off to halloween fantasyland forever. :lol: i definately like love it more than christmas. i like christmas ok, but i don't really get presents anymore. i don't want to sound selfish, but i really like to get presents! chiristmas is really for kids, i mean i love the festivities of this time of year and shopping for my little girls gifts and seeing that look on her face on christmas morning, but i i feel like it's more for children. halloween on the other hand, i feel is more for adults.